Eric Duncan

The Batman | March 4, 2022 | Warner Bros. | Certified Fresh on RT | 7th Most Profitable Movie of 2023

1 minute ago, WittyUsername said:

Fantastic Beasts. 

That's what I figured, but just more signs that those movies never made the impact that they should have.  (I quite like the first one, but the second went off the rails...and I predict #3 will go to HBOMax.)

1 year ago, the first official teaser was released at the DC Fandome.

Youtube:

• FilmStar Trailer - 36.683.361

• Warner Bros. Pictures - 32.436.046

• ONE Media - 10.785.868

• Movie Coverage - 9.223.474

• Movieclip Trailers - 5.936.791

• Sensacine Trailers - 5.069.869

• Movietrailers Entertainment - 4.219.212

• iVideos - 4.141.034

• IGN - 3.952.602

• Ingresso.com - 3.511.093

• IGN - 3.141.283

• Warner Bros. UK and Ireland - 2.915.029

• Melhores Trailers de Filmes - 2.297.398

• DC - 2.084.070

• FilmsActu - 2.078.399

• FilmSelect Español - 1.777.184

• WBRussia - 1.750.177

• Waner Bros. DE - 1.252.658

• Warner Bros. Pictures Brasil - 1.176.582

• Kinocheck International - 1.150.612

• MovieTrailers Entertainment - 1.138.947

• Kinocheck - 1.093.384

• Entertainment Tonight - 969.454

• SensaCine Trailers - 940.245

• Warner Bros. Pictures Latinoamérica - 852.604

• Warner Bros. Pictures Brasil - 832.050

• MovieIsNow Trailers International - 824.390

= 142,233,816 views

Twitter:

• @thebatman - 26 million

• @wbpictures_br - 2.5 million

• @WBPicturesLatam - 1.2 million

• @IGN - 1 million

• @Fandango - 884,000

• @WBPictures_Mx - 573,300

• @RottenTomatoes - 386,200

• @JudusMaximus - 367,200

• @mynameisNegan - 188,500

• @WarnerBrosUK - 119,600

• @Filmsteria - 109,300

= 33,327,800

Facebook:

• Batman - 14.1 million

• IGN - 5.3 million

• Warner Bros. Pictures - 910,000

• Nerdonautas - 693,000

= 21,003,000

Instagram:

• @dccomics - 3,662,944

• @batman - 1,189,621

• @wbpictures - 1,014,941

• @wbpictures_br - 181,938

= 6,049,444 views

Vimeo:

• Matt Reeves - 421,000

= 421,000 views

Total = 203,035,060 views (47 accounts; 5 social medias) (1 year)

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, belblazer said:

The teaser received 400K views on Twitter on its 1 year anniversary yesterday on the official account and officially passed the second Avengers: Endgame trailer, making it the most viewed trailer of all-time on Twitter (considering the main accounts).

Am I missing another one?

Here’s hoping that translates to strong box office numbers. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, cax16 said:

This guy always teases stuff so it looks like this tests screened on the WB lot yesterday.  He’s been pretty accurate with stuff in the past.

This is a genuinely bad thing to put out to the anti-WB folk. Because 3 hours long likely means they have every scene they want tested, in addition to longer takes, or different takes as well. If its edited down to say a tight 2h 20 or 2h 30, then the "WB is interfering with directors" contingent will become crazy vocal again. Test screenings are TEST screenings for a reason.

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, grim22 said:

This is a genuinely bad thing to put out to the anti-WB folk. Because 3 hours long likely means they have every scene they want tested, in addition to longer takes, or different takes as well. If its edited down to say a tight 2h 20 or 2h 30, then the "WB is interfering with directors" contingent will become crazy vocal again. Test screenings are TEST screenings for a reason.

That’s a good point, I imagine the movie will probably be 2h 30 or so, I don’t think they’re putting out a 3 hour movie but I guess you never know.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, grim22 said:

And Endgame was 3 hours. People can like spandex films that long.

(hell the Snyder Cut was 4 hours and that got decent reviews.)

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, cax16 said:

That’s a good point, I imagine the movie will probably be 2h 30 or so, I don’t think they’re putting out a 3 hour movie but I guess you never know.

That seems more realistic but we’ll see.

let’s remember a lesson from The Godfather: put out the best version, regardless of length. 

(or if one wants spandex comp, SnyderCut or BVS or…)

21 minutes ago, RRA said:

And Endgame was 3 hours. People can like spandex films that long.

(hell the Snyder Cut was 4 hours and that got decent reviews.)

Where in my entire comment did I say anything about people not liking long movies? What even is the point you are trying to make?

All i said is that a test version is a test version for a reason, to try and see what works and what doesn't and is in no way supposed to be the final be-all and end-all for a movie in any respect - be it the scenes, the order or even the length. And there's a contingent of "fans" who will raise a stink if its even a minute shorter than the test screening length.

Literally not sure what in my previous comment brought about a reviews based response.

1 hour ago, grim22 said:

Where in my entire comment did I say anything about people not liking long movies? What even is the point you are trying to make?

All i said is that a test version is a test version for a reason, to try and see what works and what doesn't and is in no way supposed to be the final be-all and end-all for a movie in any respect - be it the scenes, the order or even the length. And there's a contingent of "fans" who will raise a stink if its even a minute shorter than the test screening length.

Literally not sure what in my previous comment brought about a reviews based response.

Sorry but as an experienced franchise war soldier, I simply was giving a suggested simple but effective talking point to deal with folks who’ll complain about that length. 

• Like 1