Eric Atreides

The Batman | March 4, 2022 | Warner Bros. | Certified Fresh on RT | 7th Most Profitable Movie of 2023

Wow, so many TV projects have been filming again and without incident that it's a bit shocking when THE star is diagnosed with Covid. I guess if you're not in a bubble like the NBA or Tyler Perry Studios, if you're not some TV Christmas movie filming in Canada--if it's a huge blockbuster production, this is pretty much inevitable.

Get well soon, Battinson! Or stay well, if he's feeling OK.

Edited by BoxOfficeFangrl

1 hour ago, Lighthouse said:

They both are a mess, always in the streets without mask. At least we always see Zoe using mask

I hate rich people being irresponsible.

You are being extremely judgemental.

This movie is being produced in the UK. There is no expectation or legal obligation for people to wear masks, except inside shops.

Not wearing a mask is not "being irresponsible". Go take your agenda somewhere else.

• Thanks 4
  • ...wtf 1

13 minutes ago, tree said:

You are being extremely judgemental.

This movie is being produced in the UK. There is no expectation or legal obligation for people to wear masks, except inside shops.

Not wearing a mask is not "being irresponsible". Go take your agenda somewhere else.

Yes it is. Especially if you are making a movie like this, standard precautions must not stop.

Zoe knows it. Colin knows it. And you missed the other part of the post I quoted

Imagine talking about agendas when we are losing friends (or family members) due to this virus.

Edited by Lighthouse
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, Lighthouse said:

Yes it is. Especially if you are making a movie like this, standard precautions must not stop.

Zoe knows it. Colin knows it. And you missed the other part of the post I cited.

What do you mean "standard precaution"? Wearing a mask in public is not a standard precaution in the UK. It may be in your country but not here mate.

As for the part about his girlfriend, I don't know who that is and I'm not interested enough to try going through instagram posts to try and track their location at all times.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Disbelief 1

26 minutes ago, tree said:

What do you mean "standard precaution"? Wearing a mask in public is not a standard precaution in the UK. It may be in your country but not here mate.

As for the part about his girlfriend, I don't know who that is and I'm not interested enough to try going through instagram posts to try and track their location at all times.

For all we know, those pictures that the paparazzi snapped of him without a mask could have been taken moments after he removed one. Paparazzi are arseholes, they’ll try to make a story out of the tiniest detail, whether it’s true or not.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, tree said:

Again it is, including UK. Just because you don't care about this doesn't mean it's good.

You came quickly to quote me and talk to me about agendas but you are not interested now. 

OT, Wear masks if you are going to be outside in places that could be risky. This is not an agenda, just a little advice.

Edited by Lighthouse

I’ve seen a lot of photos of him using a mask, so... and also the situation was better in Europe back in june - july, the second wave is recent.

What a mess to come here when he is sick to say he’s being irresponsible and basically blame him.

They start shooting again 3 or 4 days ago, he was tested and have nothing, or the production won’t even resume. 

As the lead actor he have to be in contact with the crew, makeup, people responsable for the suit, hair... it’s impossible to know how get it.

But right now we can only hope he can have a good recovery, not act like a stalker and use june pictures to say it’s his fault to get sick.

• Like 6

The point of all this is of course that contraction of the virus has a risk of happening to anyone at anytime especially when involved on a big production like this.  All the safety "protocols" in the world won't matter if one person for one moment doesn't follow them somewhere.  And that's highly likely to continue happening.  And thus it's highly likely that at least until there's a vaccine that the majority of folks are willing to take, film production on a large scale will continue to have this stop-and-start risk, thus endangering investment, actor's performances, release dates, and long-term potential.

I expect that this movie will ultimately move to 2022. 

Edited by Macleod
  • Like 1

Yikes. Hope he has a good quick recovery. This is unlikely to be the only production that will experience this (having to temporarily shut down due to someone catching COVID) as well. Might end up seeing more release date delays because of it.

Edited by filmlover

There is always a huge risk with production in current times. I hope they test everyone around the production set after this and more than once. Battinson comeback depends on whether is he is asymptomatic or not. if he is then he can come back in 3 weeks. Otherwise they should shoot scenes without him and reschedule the rest after a while. It will take a while for him to do action scenes. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Macleod said:

I expect that this movie will ultimately move to 2022. 

I hope not. I wanna see this film already and it’s had its first official trailer already. Hopefully it’s another Warner Bros movie ahead of schedule just like Space Jam 2 and The Suicide Squad.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, JGAR4LIFE said:

I hope not. I wanna see this film already and it’s had its first official trailer already. Hopefully it’s another Warner Bros movie ahead of schedule just like Space Jam 2 and The Suicide Squad.

Haven't they only shot 1/3 of this though (due to production having to stop)? That's most of the movie they still have to make.

• Like 1

In the UK there's no legal obligation or social expectation to wear a mask outside. The country isn't in the same place as the US is with all this, and there's god knows how many ways a lead actor could come into contact with the virus on a huge production.

Victim-blaming is shitty.

Edited by Hatebox
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1