chasmmi

BOT's Top Foreign Films of All Time Poll Deadline July 12th, for realsies this time, that is the final deadline

15 hours ago, misafeco said:

Are short films eligible?

FYC

9c4oMi7iCizqE-TXa-Z4HtV359r-nUCLWbESgFVv

FWIW, Downfall is a full length film, so while it might be mostly famous in the Anglosphere for the meme clip, it surely counts clocking in at over 2 hours. 

Edited by Porthos
  • Haha 1

22 hours ago, grim22 said:

Need to vote for Sholay, DDLJ, 3 Idiots, Hum Aapke Hain Koun, Kal Ho Na Ho, Anand, Guide.

I'll likely have kal Ho Na Ho, Kuch Kuch Hota Hai, Lagaan, Dil Chahta Hai, Dil Se, and a couple more. 

Oh and the Terrorist, but that isn't Bollywood

Oh, btw.

Just to make my life easier, if you can give the country/language of the film and maybe also the title in both local and English when applicable and potentially not obvious, that would be great.

I'll do my best to make sure I don't accidentally list a film twice because I did not realise that Agassi and The handmaiden are the same film. But it would make life easier if you could, at least in instances when its no extra research to do so. 

• Like 4

On 5/25/2020 at 11:38 PM, charlie Jatinder said:

A suggestion,
Since many users would have watched limited films, you can use weight system.

Like there will be users who list 100 films as usual but some may list 10, 15 or even random numbers like 33 films. 

For such lists, take the number of films listed and divide by 100. Use the ratio to weight the films ranked in list.

For instance. No. 1 film is 50 points, no. 2-5 40 points, 6-10 35 points, 11-15 30 points and so on.

And someone give 13 films. 13/100. His 1st film will have 50*13/100 = 6.5 points, 2-5 films 5.2 points and so on.

That way, a person who has watched only limited films won't be impacting the Ranking more than it should.

@chasmmi do look into this.

13 minutes ago, chasmmi said:

I assumed the post was in two parts. But I didn't delete the FYC part. 

I completely misunderstood his post then.  Wouldn't be the first time; won't be the last. 👍

Apologies for any confusion caused. :)

On 5/26/2020 at 1:07 AM, Jake Gittes said:

some FYC

GMOqDbs.gif iMaiR4c.gif

4JxajmI.gif

These are available on HBO Max it seems, for anyone who's subscribed or is planning to (I was going off this list). So are Yojimbo, Cleo from 5 to 7, La Strada, Z, Late Spring, Late Autumn, Tokyo Story, the Three Colors films, The 400 Blows, Autumn Sonata, Bicycle Thieves, In the Mood for Love, Seven Samurai out of the stuff that's already been listed/FYC'd here. Plus ofc the Ghibli movies.

Edited by Jake Gittes
  • Like 2

46 minutes ago, Jake Gittes said:

These are available on HBO Max it seems, for anyone who's subscribed or is planning to (I was going off this list). So are Yojimbo, Cleo from 5 to 7, La Strada, Z, Late Spring, Late Autumn, Tokyo Story, the Three Colors films, The 400 Blows, Autumn Sonata, Bicycle Thieves, In the Mood for Love, Seven Samurai out of the stuff that's already been listed/FYC'd here. Plus ofc the Ghibli movies.

yeah they got some of the criterion collection movies, I wonder how HBO Max would affect the criterion channel now because of overlap, I guess CC will stay alive because it's more niche

and btw Autumn Sonata is my favorite Bergman movie but I feel like it doesn't get as much attention as his other movies, before I started watching his movies all I was hearing from film circles online was about how Persona or Seventh Seal are his best but relatively almost nothing on his other work, hell the only reason I came across Autumn Sonata was because I was doing a Bergman binge and it's ranked highly on LBD. It's a great movie.

19 minutes ago, RealLyre said:

yeah they got some of the criterion collection movies, I wonder how HBO Max would affect the criterion channel now because of overlap, I guess CC will stay alive because it's more niche

Yeah, the CC has waaaay more Criterion titles than Max. And in many cases, more interesting titles rotating in and out. Max has some of the very famous stuff.

Edited by Plain Old Tele
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1