cannastop

Where the Crawdads Sing | SONY | July 15, 2022 | Reese Witherspoon Producing | Profit of $74.7M

10 hours ago, A Star is Orm said:

Daisy Edgar-Jones was phenomenal in Normal People and the book was great. This is gonna rock.

I thought she was pretty bland in Normal People honestly. She's one of those Carey Mulligan-esque actresses that just have no vibe

If marketing doesn't ramp up, it could be this year's Paper Towns in terms of OW (adjusted for inflation, $13.7m). A little bit more and better legs due to more older appeal. $16M OW/$45M total wouldn't shock me at this point.

Edited by LegendaryBen

They are doing screenings every day since 3 days ago.

By far i read 3 critics opinion. One is really negative, he calls it a very dull romantic movie (but his name is geekcinema or something similar, probably not exactly the target 😅) and the other two are positive (fine movie). 

The reaction of the selected public seems better

Edited by vale9001
  • Like 1

On 7/1/2022 at 6:21 AM, vale9001 said:

They are doing screenings every day since 3 days ago.

By far i read 3 critics opinion. One is really negative, he calls it a very dull romantic movie (but his name is geekcinema or something similar, probably not exactly the target 😅) and the other two are positive (fine movie). 

The reaction of the selected public seems better

It’s quite a mediocre book like Nicholas Sparks but with barely better writings 

1 hour ago, Rebeccas said:

It’s quite a mediocre book like Nicholas Sparks but with barely better writings 

Yeah i know, I read it too. Movie seems like an high budget lifetime movie. Probably for some people That's enough to enjoy and what they expect from the book material.

5 minutes ago, vale9001 said:

Yeah i know, I read it too. Movie seems like an high budget lifetime movie. Probably for some people That's enough to enjoy and what they expect from the book material.

Yeah it’s your mother’s book club book. I mean there is definitely an audience for this stuff but I’m not expecting great reviews for an adaptation of a meh book that doesn’t look like it’s doing anything interesting with it.

6 minutes ago, Rebeccas said:

Yeah it’s your mother’s book club book. I mean there is definitely an audience for this stuff but I’m not expecting great reviews for an adaptation of a meh book that doesn’t look like it’s doing anything interesting with it.

Yeah definitely it's gonna getting 45-55 on Metacritic. 

But i don'expect terrible reviews, only mediocre. Similar to stuff like The Notebook.

Edited by vale9001

It's more interesting to found out if people will like it and can became also a beloved movie like the notebook, the help or A walk to remember. Critics will hate or they will be cold, no doubt about it. 

From the material we have seen seems like they really don't care about it, they  want to make the exact movie the readers want to see. 

Edited by vale9001

1 hour ago, cannastop said:

Is that Taylor Swift song for this movie going anywhere?

What do you mean? On charts?. It's definitely not a radio/streaming services friendly song, I read it won't be released on radios at all so...

If you mean if it has chances for the awards or an Oscar nominee, why not?. Charts are not really important for that, and if the movie is a moderate success definitely has its chances to get a nominee. 

Edited by vale9001

1 minute ago, vale9001 said:

What do you mean? On charts?. It's definitely not a radio/streaming services friendly song, I read it won't be released on radios at all so...

If you mean if it has chances for the awards or an Oscar nominee, why not?. Charts are not really important for that, and if the movie is a moderate success definitely has its chances to get a nominee. 

Well I guess I'm mostly asking about Oscar chances. No one I know of seems to think it has a shot.

But Oscar predictions haven't begun in earnest yet.

1 hour ago, cannastop said:

Well I guess I'm mostly asking about Oscar chances. No one I know of seems to think it has a shot.

But Oscar predictions haven't begun in earnest yet.

It's on the movie. If it's not a success and also it get bad reviews probably nobody will care, if the movie has some impact, even after his run on theaters the song can have its moment.

They definitely are snubbish with female pop stars (expect they are doing a song for James Bond) but now Swift has almost 20 years of career and some credibility. Last year they finally accept Beyoncè in the club 😅.

Swift in my opinion  deserves a nomination for her original song for Hunger Games (Safe and sound). But again she was seen as a young female radio friendly pop star so they snubbed her (I feel they are gonna do the same for Doja Cat and her Elvis song this  year, even if it's an hit now).  Now she has more consideration also from older people. 

Edited by vale9001

2 hours ago, vale9001 said:

It's on the movie. If it's not a success and also it get bad reviews probably nobody will care, if the movie has some impact, even after his run on theaters the song can have its moment.

yeah I doubt it will get rave reviews. or be a breakout at the box office.