stealthyfrog

Sonic the Hedgehog 2 | April 8, 2022 | Paramount | IDRIS ELBA IS KNUCKLES LETS GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Trailer is ready to go, runs 2 minutes and 18 seconds.

I'm assuming the TGA thing is for something game-related though, considering that back-and-forth is happening with the game account and not the movie account. However, Tyson Hesse on Twitter today posted a similar Jurassic Park gif to the one he posted the day before the re-design trailer drop in Nov 2019, so movie trailer might actually be tomorrow and new game trailer might be Thursday? Or I'm completely wrong.

4 hours ago, datpepper said:

Trailer is ready to go, runs 2 minutes and 18 seconds.

I'm assuming the TGA thing is for something game-related though, considering that back-and-forth is happening with the game account and not the movie account. However, Tyson Hesse on Twitter today posted a similar Jurassic Park gif to the one he posted the day before the re-design trailer drop in Nov 2019, so movie trailer might actually be tomorrow and new game trailer might be Thursday? Or I'm completely wrong.

Could be both but more likely the game announcement at TGA

4 hours ago, WittyUsername said:

So, Tails is keeping his voice from the games, but Sonic and Knuckles aren’t? I thought for sure that O’Shaughnessy was just a placeholder for that one stinger, but I guess not. 

I guess Chris Pratt turned down the part.

The first Sonic movie was cute, def better than I expected but it was painfully obvious that it was originally shot as a completely removed generic kids film with the video gamey aspects added in reshoots. The second one is presumably gonna be more video gamey from the start so I'm excited.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheDude391 said:

The first Sonic movie was cute, def better than I expected but it was painfully obvious that it was originally shot as a completely removed generic kids film with the video gamey aspects added in reshoots. The second one is presumably gonna be more video gamey from the start so I'm excited.

Yeah, one big advantage this movie has is hindsight. They now know exactly what people want in a Sonic movie. The first one was definitely intended to be another generic funny talking CGI animal movie. Thankfully the backlash from virtually everyone gave the filmmakers the opportunity to go back and rework as much of the finished movie as possible to be closer in tone to the Sonic character. Redo Sonic through a fan-favourite artist, swap the generic lizard people in the flashback with the Echidna Tribe etc. The Tails stinger was likely a late addition too.

This time, Fowler and co. got their way from the start and it shows in this poster alone. Sonic's pose, the Tornado, the Buzz Bomber and Jim Carrey looking like the modern Eggman. And on top of that, the humans from the last movie won't be involved much if the premise is to be believed.

I am surprised they're bringing in Knuckles this soon, but...

Spoiler

...they might be planning to do Shadow in the third movie, since set photos confirm that GUN, an organization important to Shadow's past, will appear here. In that case, it makes sense.

Exciting times ahead!

• Astonished 1

I believe it was in fact confirmed that Tail’s appearance in the stinger of the first movie was a late addition that was thrown in to please the fans, just like the echidna tribe. It’s baffling to me that a Hollywood adaptation in 2019 would be made with as little acknowledgement of the source material as possible, but that was apparently Paramount’s MO with the Sonic movie, before they got backlash from that initial trailer. 

16 hours ago, WittyUsername said:

I believe it was in fact confirmed that Tail’s appearance in the stinger of the first movie was a late addition that was thrown in to please the fans, just like the echidna tribe. It’s baffling to me that a Hollywood adaptation in 2019 would be made with as little acknowledgement of the source material as possible, but that was apparently Paramount’s MO with the Sonic movie, before they got backlash from that initial trailer. 

All things considered, the fact that the movie is kinda decent is actually kind of impressive.