lorddemaxus

Evil Dead Rise - to be directed by Lee Cronin and features new characters (Ash won't return) | April 21, 2023 | New Line

17 minutes ago, Grebacio said:

What is number 1? 65?

Thats Number 5 actually, gonna be honest, the trailer didnt convince me that much 😄 my Number 1 is Indiana Jones 5 because i love the series and really hope they made a banger.

Love it! Looks like so much fun!

Stopped the trailer early, don't want to see anymore.

The digital lighting style is whatever but outside of that they're definitely going for some Raimi-esque shots.

It's crazy that something like Evil Dead has spawned so much content, and even better is that they haven't missed the mark. 

4 hours ago, Brainbug said:

2023 is looking like a banger year for horror. Evil Dead Rise, Scream VI, M3GAN, The Haunted Mansion, Knock at the Cabin and i confess, i havent completely given up hope for Exorcist, though i have for the Nun 2.

Nun 2 is from the writer of malignant/m3gan so maybe there's something there... maybe...

29 minutes ago, TMP said:

Nun 2 is from the writer of malignant/m3gan so maybe there's something there... maybe...

Out of likes but i didnt know that about the writer ... so yeah, maybe we can have a little hope for the Nun as well? Just a tiny little bit though i think 😄

2 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

Out of likes but i didnt know that about the writer ... so yeah, maybe we can have a little hope for the Nun as well? Just a tiny little bit though i think 😄

I would hope (and even assume) that her and Wan's love for the bonkers b-movies that inspired Malignant and M3GAN will transfer to even a Nun sequel. If Malignant was Basket Case and M3GAN (according to Cooper) was Chopping Mall meets Child's Play, what might they have in store for The Nun? I just hope Michael Chaves is aware of what they might be going for lol.

... Actually maybe not because that might make it even more spectacular if the director is completely blindsided by the writer and producer's true intentions.

10 minutes ago, dudalb said:

Is this going to be a fairly serious horror film like the first couple, of more comedy horror like the later ones?

Judging from the trailer, i think this is gonna be a lot closer to the Evil Dead Remake (2013) and the original one in tone. It doesnt seem like there are silly comedy moments in this one.

6 hours ago, ThomasNicole said:

Yeah they´re expecting great reviews and reactions for sure, since the movie will screen 3-4 weeks before the release and there´s no embargo on festivals 

Hoping this will help the box office

We already know it tested through the roof too. Should be a good one. 

• Like 1