lorddemaxus

Evil Dead Rise - to be directed by Lee Cronin and features new characters (Ash won't return) | April 21, 2023 | New Line

52 minutes ago, NamakFiskKa said:

Whole movie should have been more like the intro scene.

I couldn’t disagree more personally. The opening scene was essentially just another cabin in the woods, which I know is what this series started with, but the apartment block was a fresh spin that the series needed, another cabin would just feel like they’re remaking the first film for the 3rd time. Honestly I felt like the opening was unnecessary and disjointed, and the only part of the film I wasn’t overly keen on.

Edited by SnokesLegs

11 hours ago, SnokesLegs said:

couldn’t disagree more personally. The opening scene was essentially just another cabin in the woods

Even I'm tired of the forest setting , I'm referring more about the pacing of the scene should have continued to the whole story.

Story drags a lot even though the deadites share few cool scenes and frankly the cast don't have much to do

• Like 1

Fun fact for this movie that I love.

Danny Elfman loved Evil Dead so much that he told his agent he would work with Sam Raimi on anything. After Batman, Raimi asked Elfman to score Darkman. When filming Army of Darkness, Raimi needed a cue for the March of the Dead sequence. He had no money. Elfman wrote and recorded the piece for free because he loved Evil Dead so much.

Actress Bridget Fonda loved Evil Dead, too. When Raimi needed an actress to play Linda for the flashbacks in Army of Darkness, Fonda did so for free.

Later, Raimi cast Fonda in A Simple Plan. Elfman was asked to write the score. Elfman visited the set one day and met Fonda.

Fast-forward to 2002. Raimi has a birthday party. Elfman and Fonda reconnect and begin a relationship. They marry the following year. In 2005 they have a son, Oliver. They often tell him that he is 'The Son of the Evil Dead'.

Fast-forward to 2023. Evil Dead Rises opens. Two of the main characters are called Danny and Bridget. There's also a truck with 'Fonda' written on it.

• Like 9

this was ok. felt like the nastiest bits were in the trailer. the actress playing the mum was great, and fine as hell... pre-deadite, although post-deadite she's still a maybe.

Also if nearly your entire cast is australians doing ropey accents just call it Evil Dead Down Under and let 'em talk normal.

• Like 1

This was good fun. There's no real standout characters like Ash or what'sername from the 2013 version but it's directed with a lot of style and panache and has a creepy tone throughout.

The Shining reference was cool.

Edited by MOVIEGUY