Kalo

Top 25 "Star Wars" of all time. Back in Business!

47 minutes ago, Kalo said:

17 - 27 Points 

Hide contents

Star_Wars_Rebels_season_2_promo-1024x102

Star Wars Rebels (2014) is a animated television series that first premiered on the Disney Channel in Oct 2014 and then to Disney XD. The show ran for 4 seasons concluding in 2018. it was one of the first series to be released after Disney's acquisition in 2012. and was considered a replacement series and well as sequel of sorts to the at the time canceled (thank the lord now it is complete) Clone Wars series. set in the Empire era 5 years before the battle of Yavin. Star Wars rebels carries over many themes as well as some Characters from the Clone Wars, although it's core group are new characters. Including one of the first post-Jedi Purge era. (and only?) Jedi Master and Apprentice Duos Kanan Joris and Ezra Bridger. it is also notable for canonizing certain at the time legends Characters and locations, such as Grand Admiral Thrown and the Sith planet Malachor (known as Malachor V in KOTOR II) 

Dave Filoni, Simon Kinberg and Greg Weisman served as executive producers of the series. the show was met with positive reviews from critics as well as fans and is considered one of the first Disney's Star Wars era's success. 

Star Wars Rebels is the 1st of 4 Star Wars tv shows to make the top 25. ranking 4 out of 4.

My Thoughts: I haven't finished the show yet. but overall yes it's pretty great. my main issue with this show is that there is a lot of filler. and the main characters never (at least where I am at in season 3) gained the kind of memorability as clone Wars characters.. like Ashoka (who is in the series and steals pretty much every scene she is in). but they are still quite likable. it is not quite as dark as Clone Wars, but this was on Disney XD. so they did the best with the platform they had imo. it's a little more kiddie at times, however there are still amazing emotionally impactful episodes just as good as some of the best Clone Wars episodes. there just aren't as many. but if you are a hardcore Star Wars fan I would still definitely watch this series. as there is alot of connections to Clone Wars as well as "The Mandalorian" in this series. not to mention quite a few Jedi Fallen Order themes and locations were taken from this series such as the "Second Sisters" 

Have you reached "Trials of the Darksaber"? For me that was where the show went from "pretty solid" to "absolutely fucking awesome". 

9 minutes ago, Menor said:

Have you reached "Trials of the Darksaber"? For me that was where the show went from "pretty solid" to "absolutely fucking awesome". 

I am 4 episodes away from it, looks like I have some watching to do.

Think that will be it for tonight, I am very exited for the next couple, they are very dear to my heart. more in the morning. 

Good to see this up and running again.

Could you stay away from that yellow colour you used for Rebels though?

It is very hard to read.

• Like 1

16  45 POINTS

Spoiler

star_wars_clone_wars.jpg

Star Wars: Clone Wars is a micro-television series that aired from 2003-2005. and filled in the gapes between Attack of the Clones and Revenge of the Sith. the show was a critical hit even earning an Emmy win for outstanding animated program. the series was known for introducing Revenge of the Sith villain General Grievous. it's slick art style and short length episodes ranging from about 2 to 3 minutes. though it was released as Vol 1 and Vol 2 that plays like a 2 hour movie. 

While the series is no longer considered canon, there were a little cross over elements that carried over to the follow up series The Clone Wars (2008). such as the Assassin Assajj Ventress. however Durge did not make the cut. let us remember Durge. airing in 2003 it was the first Star Wars series to air on television in 17 years (Ewoks ending it's run in 1986). 

Clone Wars is ranks 3rd out of 4 tv shows to make the top 25. Clone Wars wins the Blue Milk Award or ranking the 3rd highest tv show!

Today is last day to buy Turner Dairy Farms' Star Wars-themed blue ...

*Clone Wars received #1 2# ranking. 

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Blankments said:

i wonder who will win

We might find out before the next film comes out. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

On 8/2/2020 at 5:04 PM, Jamiem said:

We might find out before the next film comes out. 

Probably not before Mando Season 2 tho 😕

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

On 6/14/2020 at 10:31 PM, 4815162342 said:

WeeklyAncientCrab-size_restricted.gif

Is there?

Sorry I have no excuse for this. I do not want to restart this until I know I can finish it quickly though, so I will probably prewrite everything and announce a re-start date of this countdown. I have gotten a little sidetracked. getting kicked out of my house and trying to find a new place with a town that has almost no available places is hard. while getting lots of high paying work opportunities is kind of hard to juggle. kind of left movies for politics too. agh can't wait for this election. no 2020 to be over. are theaters open where you guys are? they finally opened up here, I saw Tenet and the broken hearts gallery. (both good if not great movies)

Edited by Kalo

I’m late for this but IMO the classical soundtracks should be considered in these rankings as their own thing. Besides the John Williams scores, the Shadows of the Empire and Mandalorian soundtracks are amazing. 

On 9/2/2020 at 10:22 PM, Blankments said:

Probably not before Mando Season 2 tho 😕

This post aged correctly

• Astonished 1

On 11/27/2020 at 10:52 AM, The Panda said:

This post aged correctly

Just like @Blankments likes to ones posts. 
Makes me laugh when he likes a four year old post.