Kalo

Top 25 "Star Wars" of all time. Countdown started.

23# - 15 Points

Spoiler

Cheapest STAR WARS: TIE Fighter Special Edition for PC Codes in ...

Star Wars Tie Fighter was released in 1994. and is a PC based cockpit based dog fight style star-fighter game . it is a sequel to the X-Wing series, this time putting you on the side of the empire as a Tie Fighter pilot, between the events of The Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi.

The game was praised for the time of release for it's advanced game play and 3D graphics (at the time) some critics even citing it to be one of the best video games of all time.

Star Wars Tie Fighter is 8 out of 10 Video Games to make the top 25 in this countdown just beating out Rogue Squared by higher ranking (receiving a ranking in the top 3).

My Input: yet another SW I have not played. I guess this kind of gaming isn't really my thing? well it wasn't in the 90s anyways. but I am more open minded now and did enjoy the battlefront space battles. but don't worry there is a nice mix of game styles here, in fact if your more for the first person games you might want to stay for what comes next.

• Like 5

Posted (edited)

22# - 16 Points 

Spoiler

STAR WARS™ Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast™ for Nintendo Switch ...

Star Wars Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast was released in 2002 and released as a third and first person game, releasing on PC, Xbox and Nintendo GameCube. it is the third in the "dark Forces" Series and second "Jedi Knight" it follows ex imperial and now ex Jedi Kyle Katarn taking places eight years after return of the Jedi. in what is now considered the Star Wars Expanded Universe or Star Wars Legends. 

the 3rd of a 4 game cycle it is considered by many to be the best of the series and one of the best Star Wars games ever made. it is also the best selling game out of the series. 

The Gameplay was unique at the time as you start out with only range weapons (and a stunner) and gain weapons (including a lightsaber) and Force Powers as the game progress. you even have multiple Lightsaber styles as your powers progress. it is still do this day consiered to have one of the best lightsaber dueling modes to date and is one of only a couple (two I think) to feature decapitation from a lightsaber (they can lose an arm.. well it is only T). 

Jedi Outcast was a tie for 16 only losing by having a lower average then the last game. 

My Input: Star Wars: Jedi Out Cast is not only one of my favorite Star Wars games, but one of my favorite video games of all time. I love the difficult but extremely fun and rewording game play, which requires some puzzle solving game play and time bast, it is not just a shoot em up game but and adventure based with fantastic well thought out levels, Cloud City being one of my favorites, I also when I got board enjoyed the fact that you could turn on your allies and they would attack you. you could also kill your self my jumping off of cliff and creating explosions. my dark humor found funny. but you know you lose the game if you kill your allies lol. this game just felt like a movie, it's story was not nesscialy the best ever. but it was still pretty darn good and the world building was really awesome. I really loved the fact it was a Jedi based game taking place after ROTJ. what can I say nostalgia wins every time.  

Edited by Kalo
  • Like 5

may be do it once a weekly but more than 5 in one go.

ps. my name was also not in the mentioned name. are you sure you got my list?

9 hours ago, charlie Jatinder said:

may be do it once a weekly but more than 5 in one go.

ps. my name was also not in the mentioned name. are you sure you got my list?

You should be. sorry if I didn't mention you. I didn't use a couple lists bc they were ineligible. but yours was fine so I probably just didn't list your name when I totaled the score. also I have the day off now because of the rain so I should be able to get a decent amount of countdown done. 

On 6/9/2020 at 2:39 PM, Morieris said:

...Ok now I want Disney to have a Steam-Like service where I can try out old games of (now) theirs on a whim.

• Like 2

21# - 16 Points

Spoiler

671342.jpg

Lego Star Wars The Complete saga was released in 2007 and not so much a stand alone game as a release of Lego Star Wars 1 and 2. with a few added tricks. containing levels from all 6 (at the time) films). it was known for it's nun-dialogue scenes to empathize on humor  the game was a great success both critically and commercially with it's sales reaching over 3.4 Million. 

Lego Star Wars The Complete Saga is the third of 6 Lego Themed Star Wars games, Lego Star Wars, Lego Star Wars II, Lego Star Wars III: The Clone Wars, Lego Star Wars The Force Awakens and the upcoming Lego Star Wars The Skywalker Saga being the others.

Lego Star Wars is the 6th highest rated video Game to appear on the top 25

My Input: I have actually played every lego Star Wars game, but this one, I have been meaning to play it, but just haven't gotten around to it, I've enjoyed everyone I play so I doubt this one would be any different. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Lego Star Wars was one of the main (well honestly still is) bonding experiences I have with my brother growing up. I reckon we played the game much more than rewatching the actual Star Wars films. 

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Darth Lehnsherr said:

Lego Star Wars was one of the main (well honestly still is) bonding experiences I have with my brother growing up. I reckon we played the game much more than re-watching the actual Star Wars films. 

I just played Lego Harry Potter with my roommate recently and we are both 29! lol it was a good time.  :lol:

Posted (edited)
On 6/16/2020 at 8:54 PM, Kalo said:

21# - 16 Points

Hide contents

671342.jpg

Lego Star Wars The Complete saga was released in 2007 and not so much a stand alone game as a release of Lego Star Wars 1 and 2. with a few added tricks. containing levels from all 6 (at the time) films). it was known for it's nun-dialogue scenes to empathize on humor  the game was a great success both critically and commercially with it's sales reaching over 3.4 Million. 

Lego Star Wars The Complete Saga is the third of 6 Lego Themed Star Wars games, Lego Star Wars, Lego Star Wars II, Lego Star Wars III: The Clone Wars, Lego Star Wars The Force Awakens and the upcoming Lego Star Wars The Skywalker Saga being the others.

Lego Star Wars is the 6th highest rated video Game to appear on the top 25

My Input: I have actually played every lego Star Wars game, but this one, I have been meaning to play it, but just haven't gotten around to it, I've enjoyed everyone I play so I doubt this one would be any different. 

This is still my favorite SW game. So many childhood memories. I remember whenever I got bored I would just kill someone in the Cantina and watch the chaos ensue. It was also great to be able to mix the characters and ships from different trilogies.

Edited by Menor
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)

I will get back to this, I am going camping this weekend and have some important errands to do prior. If I have time I will try to squeeze some in tomorrow. and then resume Monday. 

Edited by Kalo
  • Like 2

On 6/26/2020 at 5:02 PM, Kalo said:

I will get back to this, I am going camping this weekend and have some important errands to do prior. If I have time I will try to squeeze some in tomorrow. and then resume Monday.