Neo

The Flash | June 16 2023 | Ezra Miller, Michael Keaton | We’re stoping the count at a Nice 69% RT (it’s 72% For Real) | Please Remember that Your Enjoyment Of The Film is Not Based On Others Opinions And To Be Nice To Each Other

2 hours ago, Darth Homer said:

Batman 89 may be overrated but Batman Returns is better than any of the Nolan films and Keaton is still the best live action Batman. This movie will make bank.

You are talking as if that is a generally accepted fact !!! you are an outlier if you think Batman Returns is better than The Dark Knight. Plus I know back then it was not even accepted that well. It had mediocre legs and that was the reason why Burton was not even give free rein to make the 3rd movie and walked out. 

I did not like it back then(I was 17). But the movie has grown on me for sure. But no way there was any performance that is comparable to what Ledger produced and ensemble that Nolan put in his trilogy. 

6 hours ago, keysersoze123 said:

You are talking as if that is a generally accepted fact !!! you are an outlier if you think Batman Returns is better than The Dark Knight. Plus I know back then it was not even accepted that well. It had mediocre legs and that was the reason why Burton was not even give free rein to make the 3rd movie and walked out. 

I did not like it back then(I was 17). But the movie has grown on me for sure. But no way there was any performance that is comparable to what Ledger produced and ensemble that Nolan put in his trilogy. 

It was the highest grossing film of 1992 in the US, and No'3 on the Worldwide BO.
'Batman Returns' is my favourite Batman movie as well.

• Like 2

Keaton's Batman worked because he was a grounded anchor to the zany world Burton created. This new iteration looks like something his Birdman character would see on TV and flinch at. As I say, I hope he got an amazing payday.

EDIT: Also maybe it's just me, but is Miller's acting really awful in the trailer? They're a talented actor, so what happened? Or is that a stupid question given.. everything?

Edited by Hatebox
  • Astonished 1

7 minutes ago, cax16 said:

Okay, WB is genuinely confident here. This is the group which will be deciding the number of screens and size of those screens to allocate to the movie. This will either end really well for them or really badly, no in-between.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, grim22 said:

Okay, WB is genuinely confident here. This is the group which will be deciding the number of screens and size of those screens to allocate to the movie. This will either end really well for them or really badly, no in-between.

Gonna be interesting for sure. 

4 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

I thought Aladdin was the number one film of 1992? 

Just checked a couple of 1992 lists , and Batman Returns was #1, and in a couple Alladin was in fourth place behind Lethel Weapon 3 and Sister Act.

Not surprised that BR was #1 but flet sure Alladin was right behind. Apparently not.

Edited by dudalb

3 hours ago, Dragoncaine said:

Against years of development hell and a maniacal lead, this movie is about to clear every CBM not called The Batman or (most likely) GotG 3 in the last 3 years lmao

i expect flash to be great but its not even gonna be the best multiverse movie in June tbh

Spoiler

hey-spider-man.gif

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Jackstraw said:

i expect flash to be great but its not even gonna be the best multiverse movie in June tbh

Hide contents

hey-spider-man.gif

Damn, I embarrassed myself by forgetting this movie exists despite Spider-Verse being my favorite film of 2018 😅 I feel like I've seen so little promotion for it!

1 minute ago, kayumanggi said:

Do you think he'll get to direct one of DC's new movies?

If The Flash ends up as good as all of this buzz is leading us to believe, then I can definitely see him handling an important team-up movie down the line. Not sure how well he'd fit any of the currently announced films besides Swamp Thing, which already has Mangold.

5 minutes ago, Dragoncaine said:

If The Flash ends up as good as all of this buzz is leading us to believe, then I can definitely see him handling an important team-up movie down the line. Not sure how well he'd fit any of the currently announced films besides Swamp Thing, which already has Mangold.

I actually think he might get THE BRAVE AND THE BOLD.

• Thanks 1