Neo

The Flash | June 16 2023 | Ezra Miller, Michael Keaton | We’re stoping the count at a Nice 69% RT (it’s 72% For Real) | Please Remember that Your Enjoyment Of The Film is Not Based On Others Opinions And To Be Nice To Each Other

2 hours ago, ThomasNicole said:

No they weren´t, literally no one was expecting a good D&D movie watching those trailers because they was selling big action sequences and random jokes, but where the movie really shine was in the interaction between the characters and the humor dynamic between them

And while everyone who watches The Flash praises it and people are talking about the humor, the interactions, the heart ... what the trailer show was mostly gigantic action scenes, and plenty of people complain and seems to not really believe the movie is that good, this is the comparisson. 

Like i said, hopefully the next one will focus on other things instead of mostly action, they have 2 whole months to make the marketing look as special as people who seen the movie describe.

The D&D trailers sucked, but the movie overperformed on opening weekend. So the problem wasn't the marketing, the problem is that even good word of mouth couldn't convince people to see a D&D movie. 

6 hours ago, ThomasNicole said:

No they weren´t, literally no one was expecting a good D&D movie watching those trailers because they was selling big action sequences and random jokes, but where the movie really shine was in the interaction between the characters and the humor dynamic between them

The promotional material did also feature that.

Am I the only one that loved the D&D trailers? Like, they were selling the movie really well for me - I ended up slightly disappointed because I liked the trailers more than the finished product lol (well, that and the buzz overhyped it for me).

On 4/21/2023 at 7:08 AM, reddevil19 said:

Well, good for piracy concerns, but I'd be shocked if it did more than 50-60 million there. 

Every US film has flopped recently in China. Hollywood can't depend on China to bring in the big bucks.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Mojoguy said:

Every US film has flopped recently in China. Hollywood can't depend on China to bring in the big bucks.

And with relations worsening between the West and China, Xi could decide to cut off the Western Markets at anytime for any reason.

There is some eividence that the Chinese Government is already doing things like allowing Hollywood movies to open in fewer theaters.

Other then Authoratarain dictorships just plain suck, not much to say,, really.

On 4/21/2023 at 10:06 AM, reddevil19 said:

Am I the only one that loved the D&D trailers? Like, they were selling the movie really well for me - I ended up slightly disappointed because I liked the trailers more than the finished product lol (well, that and the buzz overhyped it for me).

I liked the first trailer but the second trailer basically was "what if we did the first trailer again, but really emphasized Marvely aspects of it" instead of giving us some more look into the scope or character motivations

12 minutes ago, AMC Theaters Enjoyer said:

Personally I would wait to show off a movie publicly until it's fully complete, especially if it's a really important movie for the studio but hey I'm not a Hollywood exec!

To me, a movie shouldn't live or die by its visual effects. If the bones are there and the story, themes, characters and emotional pull are great, the VFX can always be polished until release. I'm sure Maverick wasn't VFX-locked when it premiered at CinemaCon last year.

34 minutes ago, AMC Theaters Enjoyer said:

Personally I would wait to show off a movie publicly until it's fully complete, especially if it's a really important movie for the studio but hey I'm not a Hollywood exec!

I get it, but I think what BSL said is also a way of looking at it. I´m also assuming that they cut they are showing are at least watchable for the watchers

6 minutes ago, thajdikt said:

I get it, but I think what BSL said is also a way of looking at it. I´m also assuming that they cut they are showing are at least watchable for the watchers

I have seen movies this close to release a number of times. It's pretty much one scene or max 2 scenes which will have missing VFX. The rest is more than ready to go. And even the missing VFX is not fully missing, there's temp VFX, which though not fully polished is good enough for the viewer if the movie is good. It pretty much comes down to the movie to deliver now.

• Like 1