Neo

The Flash | June 16 2023 | Ezra Miller, Michael Keaton | We’re stoping the count at a Nice 69% RT (it’s 72% For Real) | Please Remember that Your Enjoyment Of The Film is Not Based On Others Opinions And To Be Nice To Each Other

8 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

Stopping by here one more time just to say that after these early reviews for Indy 5, I think they made a mistake moving this up a week. If I were them, I’d be more concerned about Spider-Verse than Indiana Jones at this point, especially since they’re both multiverse movies. 

It’s father day weekend so I think both movies can do well, and maybe Indy will get better reviews once more critics see it? 

10 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

Stopping by here one more time just to say that after these early reviews for Indy 5, I think they made a mistake moving this up a week. If I were them, I’d be more concerned about Spider-Verse than Indiana Jones at this point, especially since they’re both multiverse movies. 

They want that Father's Day bump that Sunday, which they wouldn't have received on the 23rd. Also pretty much guaranteed to keep screens for two weeks now unless No Hard Feelings gets a surprise PLF release at the 11th hour.

Only sharing this to emphasize the second part of the tweet how this is mainly a flash movie and not a Batman movie featuring the flash, seen a lot of comments about that leading up to this movie cause of how it’s been marketed but it’s obvious they’re just using Keaton more trying to take the focus off Ezra. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, cax16 said:

Only sharing this to emphasize the second part of the tweet how this is mainly a flash movie and not a Batman movie featuring the flash, seen a lot of comments about that leading up to this movie cause of how it’s been marketed but it’s obvious they’re just using Keaton more trying to take the focus off Ezra. 

It's always the same people saying this. But both Andy himself and Barbra said ages ago that the movie would focus on drama and the death of Nora. And since then, I was 100% sure that it would be good because Barry history and motivation >>>>>>>>>

It should be obvious, but if THE FLASH both:

-opens in that projected ballpark

-has the reception everyone seems to think it will have 

It is an epic grand slam for WB and cements FLASH as a major franchise tentpole for at least for more film. May also be an effective springboard for SUPERGIRL.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, excel1 said:

It should be obvious, but if THE FLASH both:

-opens in that projected ballpark

-has the reception everyone seems to think it will have 

It is an epic grand slam for WB and cements FLASH as a major franchise tentpole for at least for more film. May also be an effective springboard for SUPERGIRL.

Those are two very big IFs, though. 

I do agree that if Supergirl is a standout, Gunn may decide to stick with the actress

• Like 1

I have too much emotional baggage from past DC movies to believe those numbers can happen lol. But I sincerely hope it does fall in a range over 100m. 

I also have no idea why they’re screening it again at Cannes, Indy reactions scare me from that crowd lol. 

3 hours ago, cax16 said:

I have too much emotional baggage from past DC movies to believe those numbers can happen lol. But I sincerely hope it does fall in a range over 100m. 

I also have no idea why they’re screening it again at Cannes, Indy reactions scare me from that crowd lol. 

Will the review embargo be lifted for this as well?

4 minutes ago, poweranimals said:

Will the review embargo be lifted for this as well?

Since everyone has been giving social media reactions after screenings I assume that will still be allowed but I don’t think full review embargo’s will drop till after the world premier if they have one.  

• Like 1

Tom Cruise and Stephen King have more money than God and I believe Cruise primarily works with Paramount.  Why the hell would either of them care about hyping up The Flash?   Maybe....just MAYBE.... they saw the movie and liked it?   Why is that so hard for some people to believe? This thread is garbage. 

• Like 8

Fwiw presales around me (italy) started the other day but it has barely sold any tickets. Not particularly surprising seeing as this is not a super presales heavy country nor a market particularly big on superheroes but does not scream "major event people can't wait for" either to me.

Edited by JustLurking

1 hour ago, JustLurking said:

Fwiw presales around me (italy) started the other day but it has barely sold any tickets. Not particularly surprising seeing as this is not a super presales heavy country nor a market particularly big on superheroes but does not scream "major event people can't wait for" either to me.

If Italy doesn’t usually have big presales or isn’t big on superhero’s in general why would the flash be any different? The last Batman movie only made 10m in Italy. 

I know other superhero movies have done well in the past there but I’d assume people will probably wait to get reviews for this. I’m not even expecting the huge presales some are in North America when tickets go on sale on Tuesday, I think people will wait for reviews. 

Just now, cax16 said:

If Italy doesn’t usually have big presales or isn’t big on superhero’s in general why would the flash be any different? The last Batman movie only made 10m in Italy. 

I know other superhero movies have done well in the past there but I’d assume people will probably wait to get reviews for this. I’m not even expecting the huge presales some are in North America when tickets go on sale on Tuesday, I think people will wait for reviews. 

That's precisely why I prefaced it with "for what it's worth" :P

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, JustLurking said:

That's precisely why I prefaced it with "for what it's worth" :P

I mean I appreciate the info for sure but I think a better way to tell how this movie will perform is when tickets go on sale in North America. But again, like I said I don’t know if this is gonna be as big as some think when tickets first go on sale. I expect a larger bump with reviews (if they’re very good).But I’m wrong most of the time so who knows. 

Edited by cax16