Neo

The Flash | June 16 2023 | Ezra Miller, Michael Keaton | We’re stoping the count at a Nice 69% RT (it’s 72% For Real) | Please Remember that Your Enjoyment Of The Film is Not Based On Others Opinions And To Be Nice To Each Other

4 minutes ago, Johnny Tran said:

Nah.  Ant-Man 3 is one of the worst non-Syfy channel looking movies I've ever seen in theaters.   Maybe The Flash can top that. 

It can’t. The green screen work in Ant Man 3 was jarring. Constantly. 

Anyway, speaking of single shots, for me nothing beats Bruce Banner’s tiny head in the hulk buster lmao. Can’t remember which film it was in but my audience erupted at that. 

33 minutes ago, Avatree said:

They are not "done". James Gunn has said Ezra Miller can continue to play The Flash in the new DCU.

He has quite literally never said that, he just gave a very typical PR answer that was basically translation for "Yeah they're out but we can't say it yet"

James Gunn DC Slate Q&A: Flash, Aquaman, Crossover, More (gizmodo.com)

Will Ezra Miller be back as the Flash after that?

Gunn: Let’s see what happens.

Safran: Ezra is fully committed to the recovery right now. And, you know, we talk to them. We’re in constant contact [and] when the time is right, we’ll have the conversation with them and decide what’s best for them personally. 

Also funny thing, it seems that WBD lost some advertising partners for The Flash presumably because of Ezra, so the idea of Ezra ever coming back was never an actual thing even if the film was a success, and it is dead in the water now (Made especially obvious by the way the film ends)

‘The Flash’ Box Office: $155M+ Global Despite Ezra Miller Scandals – Deadline

Also, we’re hearing that there were few promo partners for the film (specifically no auto partner); those ad partners can deliver anywhere between $80M-$120M to a tentpole’s campaign. How do you make up for shortfalls? A lot of TV spots, online and in-theater trailers.

1 hour ago, dudalb said:

I am not a Snyder fan but his JL cut was better then what we got in the theater.

I certainly liked what he did with Darkseid. Cutting Darkseid from the theaterical version was a huge mistake.

Wierd thing is I am normally a big fan of Josh Whedon...huge Buffyverse fan....but no doubt he failed with his changes to JL.

The Snyder JL is badly flawed, yes, but still a major improvement on what we got in theaters.

Remember in the lead up  to release how Elfman said Batman only has 1 theme and then they lazily slapped in burtons and donners themes.

Or how the cast just didnt promote it at all.

Edited by Dominic Draper

16 minutes ago, 21C said:

Yoy can tell that the PR and Legal Departments  pretty much coached them on what to say. 

It was the director who made the 'comment about Miller being back. and guaranteed the PR and Legal deparments were not happy about it.

The whole strategy is to avoid having WB get involved in any way with the Miller legal situation or be seen as trying to interfere in the Miller legal situation, , and saying as little about it was the obvious strategy.

Edited by dudalb
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Krissykins said:

It can’t. The green screen work in Ant Man 3 was jarring. Constantly. 

Anyway, speaking of single shots, for me nothing beats Bruce Banner’s tiny head in the hulk buster lmao. Can’t remember which film it was in but my audience erupted at that. 

You are absolutely wrong and you must see this movie IMMEDIATELY. It’s a good enough film, but the production values are amongst the worst I’ve seen. A true miracle of badly produced cinema.

• Like 1
  • Knock It Off 1

22 minutes ago, AJG said:

You are absolutely wrong and you must see this movie IMMEDIATELY. It’s a good enough film, but the production values are amongst the worst I’ve seen. A true miracle of badly produced cinema.

If you are talking about "The Flash"  and you are right, then we are in the "What the hell did they spend all the money on" stage, since this had a huge budget.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

Given the openings of Flash, Shazam, Suicide Squad, and probably Aquaman 2, it appears we were too hard on The Rock. Guy probably saved Black Adam from like 35m OW by himself.

*raises hand*

Black Adam is a $20m opening week film with anyone other than The Rock. Let's be serious. It was a success on opening weekend. Had the film been better quality and held better at the box office as a result, I bet everything moving forward is very different. 

6 minutes ago, dudalb said:

If you are talking about "The Flash"  and you are right, then we are in the "What the hell did they spend all the money on" stage, since this had a huge budget.

I haven’t been able to sleep. I’ve been scouring the internet to understand just how this thing was made. It’s Fant4stic, it’s Suicide Squad, it’s Transformers 2. It’s a technical disaster (which again, I must stress, was actually pretty decent).

7 minutes ago, AJG said:

I haven’t been able to sleep. I’ve been scouring the internet to understand just how this thing was made. It’s Fant4stic, it’s Suicide Squad, it’s Transformers 2. It’s a technical disaster (which again, I must stress, was actually pretty decent).

The answer is that Andy Muschietti is simply a bad filmmaker.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Knock It Off 1

Just now, 21C said:

As someone who really liked both "It" movies I can't agree.

I have not seen the film and will make no judgements, but if it not a good movie, maybe it's a case that Muschetti was not the right choice for the material.

One thing I just found out I did not know; Lord and Miller were involved in the early drafts of the scripr for The Flash".

Oh, the Irony, given a number of comments about ,when it comes to the multiverse angle, ATSV is one hell of an act for The FLash to Follow......

There is a reason I have retired from predicting a good 6 or 7 times. My judgement has been off 90% of the time since 2011. 2015 Jurassic World was a brief return to glory but thats about it. So I will most likely be way off here. But:

My 20+ years of box office following instinct tell me this is the definition of a walk-up tentpole and it will have very positive crowd pleasing WOM. 

$90m opening weekend. 

Edited by excel1
  • Sad 1

14 minutes ago, 21C said:

I think the answer might be more complex than that. Sure it’s possible, yes. Making films with big effects isn’t easy at all to make it look good. I actually think at some point they just didn’t spend that much budget on VFX, if it’s that bad, it definitely needs to be addressed if the Muschiettis do get the Batman’s directors chair.

20 minutes ago, excel1 said:

There is no about a reason I have retired from predicting a good 6 or 7 times. My judgement has been off 90% of the time since 2011. 2015 Jurassic World was a brief return to glory but thats about it. So I will most likely be way off here. But:

My 20+ years of box office following instinct tell me this is the definition of a walk-up tentpole and it will have very positive crowd pleasing WOM. 

$90m opening weekend. 

Prepare to rethink the next slew of major films relative to their presales. 

bro, i don't even think this is passing 70M sadly :(

and im EXCITED to see it tomorrow man