Neo

The Flash | June 16 2023 | Ezra Miller, Michael Keaton | We’re stoping the count at a Nice 69% RT (it’s 72% For Real) | Please Remember that Your Enjoyment Of The Film is Not Based On Others Opinions And To Be Nice To Each Other

40 minutes ago, Spidey Freak said:

The move up seems like WB smelled blood after the Lightyear/Strange World fiascos this year. Elementals kinda looks weak too IMO and I already expected Spider-Verse to outperform it. Could be Summer 2023's biggest casualty.

Depends on the reviews at this point.

Just now, Krissykins said:

Thinking that Black Adam numbers for this would be best case scenario? 

??? No way. Flash is a HUGE character, and the film is getting wild praise from every reaction we've seen. The sticking point for the film will be whether the general audience will be aware of the Ezra issues, and if they care.

This could very easily gross $300+ mil domestic. (Worst case is probably Shazam numbers)

18 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

Thinking this will be lucky to do Black Adam numbers? 

I think you'll be surprised.  Warners wouldn't have nudged the release date even slightly closer to other potential blockbusters if they didn't feel very confident.

Edited by Macleod
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, ChipDerby said:

??? No way. Flash is a HUGE character, and the film is getting wild praise from every reaction we've seen. The sticking point for the film will be whether the general audience will be aware of the Ezra issues, and if they care.

This could very easily gross $300+ mil domestic. (Worst case is probably Shazam numbers)

Huge in DC circles, but The Flash is still a relative unknown with general audiences outside appearances in a poorly received Joss Whedon film/a wildly divisive 4 hour Snyder film that wasn’t widely seen by people who aren’t Snyder fans.

This is basically the character’s first solo film, so even if the Miller controversy doesn’t end up being a negative factor, I still wouldn’t be expecting giant numbers. Personally I’d say it’ll fall somewhere between Black Adam and MoS.

1 hour ago, Macleod said:

I think you'll be surprised.  Warners wouldn't have nudged the release date even slightly closer to other potential blockbusters if they didn't feel very confident.

I don’t think the move was about confidence, I think it’s just moving away from Indiana Jones? 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Spidey Freak said:

The move up seems like WB smelled blood after the Lightyear/Strange World fiascos this year. Elementals kinda looks weak too IMO and I already expected Spider-Verse to outperform it. Could be Summer 2023's biggest casualty.

Yeah this is exactly what I was thinking. Disney is not so untouchable anymore, at least with their animated film dates. Studios aren't going to be bullied on the schedule anymore, unless we're talking about a Marvel movie.

15 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

I don’t think the move was about confidence, I think it’s just moving away from Indiana Jones? 

Great point. This could be equally true as well. On the 23rd it was sandwiched between two Disney dates. The lesser poison was moving in with Elemental and getting a little further away from Indy.

As much as this could be a confident move from WB, it could equally be a defensive move if WB executives have inside knowledge of the quality and potential of Dial of Destiny. They could very well know it'll be massive.

Don't you think the move was to stay away from INDIANA JONES AND THE DIAL OF DESTINY by one more week? But then I realized it doesn't only have to go head to head with ELEMENTAL, it also now has to compete with TRANSFORMERS: RISE OF THE BEASTS' second weekend. That movie has generated some good buzz.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, kayumanggi said:

Don't you think the move was to stay away from INDIANA JONES AND THE DIAL OF DESTINY by one more week? But then I realized it doesn't only have to go head to head with ELEMENTAL, it also now has to compete with TRANSFORMERS: RISE OF THE BEASTS' second weekend. That movie has generated some good buzz.

It's a pretty wild June, no matter how you rearrange the deck chairs. Wild summer, really.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Verrows said:

It's a pretty wild June, no matter how you rearrange the deck chairs. Wild summer, really.

And I've missed that kind of wild that we got in pre-pandemic years. It's actually a really good June line up, imo. I hope the auds go to the theaters more next year. 2022 is definitely better than 2021, but I hope 2023 bounces back even more.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, kayumanggi said:

Transformers is doa.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

Worldwide? 

Ya, I think it has a chance to break out more if it’s really as good as some are saying. I think flash is more popular than people think. Even though the CW isn’t huge the flash show is also on Netflix and a lot of people watch it. 

We’ll see what happens but I have a good feeling about all the DC movies next year critically at least, let’s see how that translates to the box office. 

17 hours ago, kayumanggi said:

Please explain.  :hahaha: