Neo

The Flash | June 16 2023 | Ezra Miller, Michael Keaton | We’re stoping the count at a Nice 69% RT (it’s 72% For Real) | Please Remember that Your Enjoyment Of The Film is Not Based On Others Opinions And To Be Nice To Each Other

3 hours ago, Hatebox said:

Trying to think of another actor in living memory who snatched defeat from the jaws of victory this much. Yeah ok the Fantastic Beasts franchise is a lame duck and DCU was/is a clusterfuck but there was a mountain of goodwill for Miller before all this and important people decided he could carry a blockbuster.

Roseanne Barr.

• Like 2

On 6/24/2022 at 9:25 AM, John Marston said:

Some say “they can just have Keaton do the promotion”. Except Ezra will be all anyone will want to ask about 

As if these "promotional interviews" and junkets actually talk about anything of consequence these days?  They're mostly worthless as substantive interviews.  

The press will simply be informed ahead of time: "No questions about Ezra Miller -- if you do, you will not be invited to the next Warner Bros. press junket."  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

At this point just rewrite the movie and turn it into the Batman version of No Way Home lol. Give Bale a gigantic paycheck and have him, Keaton, and Affleck be the focal points while Flash is just the Doctor Strange and is just a catalyst for the movie to exist

38 minutes ago, Mango said:

At this point just rewrite the movie and turn it into the Batman version of No Way Home lol. Give Bale a gigantic paycheck and have him, Keaton, and Affleck be the focal points while Flash is just the Doctor Strange and is just a catalyst for the movie to exist

OT but also get Pattinson and Kevin Conroy too while we’re at it. 

4 hours ago, Macleod said:

As if these "promotional interviews" and junkets actually talk about anything of consequence these days?  They're mostly worthless as substantive interviews.  

The press will simply be informed ahead of time: "No questions about Ezra Miller -- if you do, you will not be invited to the next Warner Bros. press junket."  

They can say that all they want but ultimately the lead up to the film will be full of articles and talk about Ezra. There's nothing they can do about that. It's also just glaring as hell when your LEAD actor is nowhere to be found. 

I'm sure there's some kind of Frankenstein film they can put together that changes the focus to anyone but Ezra but they would have to commit to it now. I mean didn't Snyder's JL only cost like an additional $60m? I feel like this could be done. 

55 minutes ago, Rebeccas said:

They can say that all they want but ultimately the lead up to the film will be full of articles and talk about Ezra. There's nothing they can do about that. It's also just glaring as hell when your LEAD actor is nowhere to be found. 

I'm sure there's some kind of Frankenstein film they can put together that changes the focus to anyone but Ezra but they would have to commit to it now. I mean didn't Snyder's JL only cost like an additional $60m? I feel like this could be done. 

Yeah. It would cost them. but they wouldn't have to re-create the entire movie. And I think it is probably the best option at this point if they want to move further with any other flash properties. 

Kind of sucks. The Flash is one of my favorite DC heroes and maybe the only A (B+?) list superhero to not have their own film yet and now it is surrounded in all this controversy.  

3 minutes ago, Kalo said:

Yeah. It would cost them. but they wouldn't have to re-create the entire movie. And I think it is probably the best option at this point if they want to move further with any other flash properties. 

Kind of sucks. The Flash is one of my favorite DC heroes and maybe the only A (B+?) list superhero to not have their own film yet and now it is surrounded in all this controversy.  

This project just seemed cursed from the start. All the director changes, now this. If Lord and Miller had just stuck around and didn't leave to go do their disastrous stint at Lucasfilm, none of this would be an issue cause the movie would've been out years ago or at least we'd have at least a Flash film or two before we had to replace Ezra. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Rebeccas said:

I think it's perfectly possible that 'The Flash' can sell itself on the concept alone, especially when this particular movie has so many other prominent super-"guest-stars."  They may even go back to just calling it "Flashpoint" -- that in itself would turn the focus.  Actors and press junket interviewers will be allowed to reference "The Flash" as a character but will be asked to avoid mentioning Miller in person.  And it's very possible that the 'serious' journalists will exhaust themselves of Miller's antics long before next June's release date.  We have 12 months. 

So you'd prefer a "Frankenstein" movie?  Personally, I'd prefer to see the movie that the filmmakers originally made and intended.  My bet is Zaslav's new Warner Bros. edict will be to not throw *any* more money in to "save" any DC movie projects originated in the old regime.  'Justice League' backfired on the studio...twice, in money and P.R. terms.  New directions like 'Birds of Prey' unfortunately bombed.  WW84 was a creative and commercial disappointment.  We know the rest.  Other than the undying 'Batman' golden goose, 'Aquaman' is their only sure thing, right now.  'Shazam' has a sequel but no guarantee of a third, and the jury is still out on 'Black Adam.'  

'The Flash' will get a wide release with a low-key press tour with Keaton, Affleck, Calle, and possibly a couple others.  They will position 'The Flash' as a finale to the 'old' universe...and Miller will obviously be going out the door with the continuity. 

11 minutes ago, belblazer said:

At this point I know people won't care about this but context matters.

I am sure at this point some Ezra allegations are false. At the same time, I feel confident some of them are very much true. For instance, as much as it saddens me, I believe the child grooming allegations to be true and obviously his assault stuff that he is wanted for. Regardless, even if some of the shit against him is fake doesn't take away the bad shit he has already done.

• Like 2

I don't want them to be guilty bc that would mean people would be harmed, but they have a past history of bad choices - some of which were caught on film.

I guess WB knew there would be random people to push an 'innocent' narrative this early in the game.

1 hour ago, CloneWars said:

I am sure at this point some Ezra allegations are false. At the same time, I feel confident some of them are very much true. For instance, as much as it saddens me, I believe the child grooming allegations to be true and obviously his assault stuff that he is wanted for. Regardless, even if some of the shit against him is fake doesn't take away the bad shit he has already done.

43 minutes ago, Morieris said:

I don't want them to be guilty bc that would mean people would be harmed, but they have a past history of bad choices - some of which were caught on film.

I guess WB knew there would be random people to push an 'innocent' narrative this early in the game.

Saying random people are pushing an "innocent" narrative is no different from you saying "I believe the child grooming allegations to be true"

Can't have one narrative be pushed and the other one obviously correct. Everyone in this thread is jumping to their corner quickly because they want to be the correct one instead of actually seeing if Rolling stone was pushing a narrative or not.

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, belblazer said:

At this point I know people won't care about this but context matters.

If all the allegations are this clearly false, why are these revelations being spread out from small accounts on Twitter instead of being stated by WB's team, Ezra's team, or any news outlet? Ezra's team has so far refused to give comment on any of the articles.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, John Marston said:

If all the allegations are this clearly false, why are these revelations being spread out from small accounts on Twitter instead of being stated by WB's team, Ezra's team, or any news outlet? Ezra's team has so far refused to give comment on any of the articles.

Nobody said that they are all false??? The tweets are about the last article by Rolling Stone, which fooled the whole internet with something so clickbaity and full of bullshit. And to think that her own words were in the article and nobody gave a fuck for her is even more insane.

What generate clicks for media outlets about Ezra are the bad things, not these kind of news. They are very quick to spread false info but never have the same energy to say that they were wrong.

1 hour ago, belblazer said:

Nobody said that they are all false??? The tweets are about the last article by Rolling Stone, which fooled the whole internet with something so clickbaity and full of bullshit. And to think that her own words were in the article and nobody gave a fuck for her is even more insane.

What generate clicks for media outlets about Ezra are the bad things, not these kind of news. They are very quick to spread false info but never have the same energy to say that they were wrong.

That ajeparts account has also tweeted out that the other accusations are false. 

I have never considered them trustworthy as they think Jared Leto runs a cult. I used to be in a discord server with them

1 hour ago, Reddroast said:

That ajeparts account has also tweeted out that the other accusations are false. 

I have never considered them trustworthy as they think Jared Leto runs a cult. I used to be in a discord server with them

I was referring to the conversation here in this thread since I just posted two tweets about the RS article, not all things that have happened. But honestly it's fine to me. If there are people who really believe that somehow everything is real, I don't understand the problem in having the opposite.

Friday could get really interesting if Miller does, as reported have to appear in court that day. He will either have to show up, or face a whole new world of legal hurt. COuld be an warrant out for his apprehension before the end of the day, the Judge would be 100% within his rights to issue one.