Neo

The Flash | June 16 2023 | Ezra Miller, Michael Keaton | We’re stoping the count at a Nice 69% RT (it’s 72% For Real) | Please Remember that Your Enjoyment Of The Film is Not Based On Others Opinions And To Be Nice To Each Other

24 minutes ago, cax16 said:

It will be interesting to see how they adapt flashpoint in a different way. 

Hopefully just a time travelling and emotional story. I hope this includes Reverse Flash and not JL members. Also pls don't be about barry going back to save his mother. Its too early for that.

Done right this could be brilliant. Barry time travels by accident. Messes one thing up, but big reveal that RF was pulling ths strings. Barry fixes his mistake, but worlds collide. Pattinson joins DCEU. JL movie. The flash 2: barry realizes he can time travel and goes back to save his mother. Real flashpoint to conclude DCEU.

1 minute ago, TestPattern said:

That's what I mean, they, the Batman movie comes out in 2021, then they put him in continuity in 2022.

But if the purpose of the Flash movie is to reboot the movie verse, why would they release the film with their rebooted Batman an entire year before they release the film where the reboot takes place? That would be like if they started the New 52 run in the comics before the Flashpoint storyline. 

7 minutes ago, TestPattern said:

There is no worse a story to start a Flash movie with than Flashpoint, but whatever, they got to get Pattinson and a new Superman into this universe somehow.

That doesn't make sense.

Looks like Andy will use the time travel plot only. Flashpoint original story has the entire Justice League, and judging by the "standalone movies" they are making, they won't use none of other heroes in this.

I imagine that Barry will probably travel in time to try to prevent his mothers death or something. Andy has said that this movie will explore the emotional and human story that the character has.

GOd, I just hope they don't use the Flashpoint idea to introduce a whole bundh of new heros. We have tried that "Jump Start the JL" idea before and we all know how it turned out. Stick to what you are doing, DC. Make good films about individual heros and the JL will come of it's own. Try to rush things and you will probably have another mess on your hands.

1 minute ago, The Chad DC said:

It literally feels like we cannot have a little bit of DCEU news without half the fanbase freaking out. You would think after three successful bangers people would become a little rational.

I think it would be much easier to just consider the most likely scenario, which is that there is no “DCEU” at this point. By all accounts, WB seems to have given up on making an interconnected universe. As far as I can tell, DC movies from here on out will just be like those direct to DVD animated movies, where they make whatever the hell kind of movie they feel like, without worrying about continuity. I wish that wasn’t the route they were going in, but Affleck is gone now, and God forbid we don’t get a new Batman film every five minutes. 

51 minutes ago, cax16 said:

I assume they’re probably trying to do something to lead into another JL movie eventually. 

Doubt it tbh

People keep saying it's to explain all the recastings and reboots ignoring the fact that WB doesn't care about a shared universe anymore. BoP being in a different timeline/universe is evidence of that

Edited by DlAMONDZ

24 minutes ago, The Chad DC said:

It literally feels like we cannot have a little bit of DCEU news without half the fanbase freaking out. You would think after three successful bangers people would become a little rational.

Problem is that the Flashpoint news raises the idea that DC is falling back into it's bad old habits of trying to rush things.

You  can't blame people for worrying that DC management might fall off the wagon given how they screwed up things in the past.

I think a lot of DC fans just do not share your blind faith in the management..IMHO for good reason.

Edited by dudalb
  • ...wtf 1

8 minutes ago, DlAMONDZ said:

Doubt it tbh

People keep saying it's to explain all the recastings and reboots ignoring the fact that WB doesn't care about a shared universe anymore. BoP being in a different timeline/universe is evidence of that

I think eventually DC wants a shared universe, but hopefully they have learned you have to build up to it, not try to make it happen all at once with one or two films.

19 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

I think it would be much easier to just consider the most likely scenario, which is that there is no “DCEU” at this point. By all accounts, WB seems to have given up on making an interconnected universe. As far as I can tell, DC movies from here on out will just be like those direct to DVD animated movies, where they make whatever the hell kind of movie they feel like, without worrying about continuity. I wish that wasn’t the route they were going in, but Affleck is gone now, and God forbid we don’t get a new Batman film every five minutes. 

I think they have put a shared Universe on the back burner for now rather then given up on it altogether.

16 minutes ago, DlAMONDZ said:

Doubt it tbh

Tbh I hope you’re right, I don’t care about a shared universe either. I’d just like a great flash movie. 

The reiteration of "Flashpoint" by the (potential) director definitely = some other version of Flash (Reverse) and another hero or two.  First of all, they're going to have to distinguish themselves a bit from the TV series.  Second: even The Rock's Black Adam is throwing in Hawkman, apparently.  They took their chances with Shazam! and it resulted in fine, but not overwhelming success.  They're clearly still not quite confident in The Flash supporting a movie on his own.  This project has been worked on for nearly 25 years as a feature...and it still hasn't gotten made.  I'm betting (as I think I've said here before) that there will be at least one other new version of an established DC hero in this movie to add buzz and box office potential...if indeed it ever gets made. 

You know, it is possible to introduce other "hero" characters without forcing a "shared universe" concept on your studios' other films...that's how movies used to do it!

Edited by Macleod

1 hour ago, Macleod said:

The reiteration of "Flashpoint" by the (potential) director definitely = some other version of Flash (Reverse) and another hero or two.  First of all, they're going to have to distinguish themselves a bit from the TV series.  Second: even The Rock's Black Adam is throwing in Hawkman, apparently.  They took their chances with Shazam! and it resulted in fine, but not overwhelming success.  They're clearly still not quite confident in The Flash supporting a movie on his own.  This project has been worked on for nearly 25 years as a feature...and it still hasn't gotten made.  I'm betting (as I think I've said here before) that there will be at least one other new version of an established DC hero in this movie to add buzz and box office potential...if indeed it ever gets made. 

You know, it is possible to introduce other "hero" characters without forcing a "shared universe" concept on your studios' other films...that's how movies used to do it!

Judging by the fact that Barry ended in Justice League getting a job at Star Labs, maybe Cyborg? It's not impossible because they are not going to use him in his own movie so maybe him? I don't know but he was the first one in my mind. Unless it's an origin movie pre-JL.

But an established hero would be great.

5 hours ago, dudalb said:

Problem is that the Flashpoint news raises the idea that DC is falling back into it's bad old habits of trying to rush things.

You  can't blame people for worrying that DC management might fall off the wagon given how they screwed up things in the past.

I think a lot of DC fans just do not share your blind faith in the management..IMHO for good reason.

But its not flashpoint. Its clearly related to flashpoint but not flashpoint. For all we know, it could be just time travel. Freaking out is just pointless. Read the actual quote instead of misinterpreting. Its not a question of blind faith, its reading comprehension. I think a lot of DC fans just do not share your tendency to blow things out of proportion..IMHO for good reason.

• Like 1

After some thinking, I want a new actor as the Flash

Ezra Miller seems to have been a pain behind the scenes, practically turning away the Game Night guys and maybe past directors as well (correct me if I’m wrong), and JL’s incarnation of the character should’ve already gotten a movie by now.

Ezra’s Flash also wasn’t as well received as Wonder Woman or Aquaman, and won’t be that fresh on people’s minds by the time 2022 rolls around. For that reason, I think that a new actor wouldn’t be difficult for audiences to accept, at least compared to say, Henry Cavill as Superman for certain people.

He was cast when the DCEU was under the control of Zack Snyder, who pretty much cast all the major JL members without the consideration of what other filmmakers had in mind (as much as we love Jason Momoa and Gal Gadot, it’s likely that James Wan and Patty Jenkins would’ve picked others if they both had complete creative freedom). Those days are long gone however, and we are witnessing the dawn of a new Batman and probably a new Superman as well. I wouldn’t mind if the same happens with the Flash.

Edited by JGAR4LIFE
  • ...wtf 1