Neo

The Flash | June 16 2023 | Ezra Miller, Michael Keaton | We’re stoping the count at a Nice 69% RT (it’s 72% For Real) | Please Remember that Your Enjoyment Of The Film is Not Based On Others Opinions And To Be Nice To Each Other

Tbh, I'm kinda glad. Similar to Cavill, I think it's a good fit, but handicapped by poor story and character direction choices - at least in BvS; for JL, he was carrying way too much baggage and there was no life in him. 

So, I'd be down for him to be back. 

2 minutes ago, TMP said:

Is it too much to ask for a simple Flash movie? This is just Crisis on Infinite Batmen now

I think Flashpoint was assumed to be the story pretty much from the get-go. Then, as the DCEU was getting hit by bad reactions and then the well-liked movies being less tightly connected, the idea of Flashpoint being the way to tie everything together while allowing for continued separate stories in the multiverse seemed to solidify. 

At this point, the Flash is a conduit for a "realignment", plotting-thr-course-forward story. And... I'm OK with that. 

Now gimme Cavill in Black Adam and I am happy. 

• Like 2

Also comment about Affleck leaving the Batman role by Barbara Muschietti, the producer of The Flash (and sister and longtime collaborator of the director):

“There have been some all sorts of stories and things he said himself about having a very hard time playing Batman, and it had been difficult for him,” she said. “I think it was more about a difficult time in his life. When we approached him, he’s now in a very different time in his life. He was very open to it, which was a bit of a surprise to us. It was a question mark.”

“We are all human and go through great times in our lives and terrible times in our lives,” she added. “Right now he’s in a place where he can actually enjoy being Batman.” Plus, he doesn't have to carry the entire movie. “It's a pivotal role, but at the same time it’s a fun part,” she said.

• Like 2

With Affleck and Keaton returning, feels like anything is possible on The Flash. Like random appearance by Lynda Carter or something.

Wouldn't be surprised to see a lot more people from previous DC stuff show up for cameos as we see the multiverse.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, cax16 said:

Also comment about Affleck leaving the Batman role by Barbara Muschietti, the producer of The Flash (and sister and longtime collaborator of the director):

“There have been some all sorts of stories and things he said himself about having a very hard time playing Batman, and it had been difficult for him,” she said. “I think it was more about a difficult time in his life. When we approached him, he’s now in a very different time in his life. He was very open to it, which was a bit of a surprise to us. It was a question mark.”

“We are all human and go through great times in our lives and terrible times in our lives,” she added. “Right now he’s in a place where he can actually enjoy being Batman.” Plus, he doesn't have to carry the entire movie. “It's a pivotal role, but at the same time it’s a fun part,” she said.

“Great times in our lives” = Waking up next to Ana de Armas every day.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

13 minutes ago, JGAR4LIFE said:

Rename this movie to Justice League Flashpoint

Indeed.  😂  I'd prefer it if they just made the whole movie about the mystery of "Where is THE FLASH?"  And by the end...just introduce a new actor in the role. 😎

• Haha 2
  • ...wtf 1

8 minutes ago, cax16 said:

I mean... Is it key? 

I suppose him signing on sight unseen means he is not in "I don't give a shit" mode, but aside from that? I mean, he may have seen the role is small. Or that he gets to die and give his Dark Knight a proper send-off. It could mean it's a Shakespeare an masterpiece. "key piece of info". Lol

Edited by reddevil19

1 minute ago, reddevil19 said:

I mean... Is it key? 

I suppose him signing on sight unseen means he is not in "I don't give a shit" mode, but aside from that? I mean, he may have seen the role is small. Or that he gets to die and give his Dark Knight a proper send-off. It could mean it's a Shakespeare an masterpiece. "key piece of info". Lol

Maybe by key piece of info he means they announced it now because Fandome is prerecorded and is already set. That’s why it wasn’t being announced there. I really don’t know, but I was just thinking of the timing and I believe all the stuff for Fandome is prerecorded. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, cax16 said:

Maybe by key piece of info he means they announced it now because Fandome is prerecorded and is already set. That’s why it wasn’t being announced there. I really don’t know, but I was just thinking of the timing and I believe all the stuff for Fandome is prerecorded. 

This makes a lot of sense and also why they couldn't announce it at Fandome.

Lol, Andy Muschetti about to make the dumbest superhero movie of all time. Still baffled that WB is gonna be going ahead with production on Fantastic Beasts 3 before this. 

Also this seem very last minute considering that they were going to start pre-production in May or something.

Edited by lorddemaxus
  • Like 1
  • ...wtf 1
  • Knock It Off 1

5 minutes ago, grim22 said:

This makes a lot of sense and also why they couldn't announce it at Fandome.

Ya at first I was pretty pissed, but after reading  the info that Affleck literally just signed on then I think this is why they did it this way.