Neo

The Flash | June 16 2023 | Ezra Miller, Michael Keaton | We’re stoping the count at a Nice 69% RT (it’s 72% For Real) | Please Remember that Your Enjoyment Of The Film is Not Based On Others Opinions And To Be Nice To Each Other

2 minutes ago, belblazer said:

Yeah

But so far everything is indicating that The Batman is elseworld and won't be affected for nothing outside Reeves universe.

Walter Hamada has already stated that they’re doing two separate Batman franchises concurrently, with one being the Matt Reeves universe, and the other being the DCEU. I personally think it’s a dumb idea, but dumb ideas are nothing new. 

5 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

Walter Hamada has already stated that they’re doing two separate Batman franchises concurrently, with one being the Matt Reeves universe, and the other being the DCEU. I personally think it’s a dumb idea, but dumb ideas are nothing new. 

I hate everything about this idea of bringing Keaton to this universe to replace Affleck in a "mentor" role. They can keep this mess on Max.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, WittyUsername said:

I feel dumb. So we're getting the Reeves thing and Batfleck has his own franchise? Or is it just the DCEU-verse having their own Batman but not necessarily in his own movies (ala say Hulk in MCU)?

8 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

I assume it’s the latter. 

WarnerMedia has become The Joker.  😂

"Do I really look like a guy with a plan?"  

"I'm a dog chasing cars...I wouldn't know what to do with one if I caught it!  I just...DO...things."  

"Disney has plans.  Universal has plans.  Amazon has plans.  They're schemers trying to control their little worlds..."

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, WittyUsername said:

Were they originally planning to include every member of the Justice League in this movie except for Superman?

Hamada said months ago that all Justice League members were invited to join The Flash. Except for Affleck, none of them were confirmed but I think it's because most of them are planned to be surprises.

2 hours ago, Darth Homer said:

Still hard to believe my dream of seeing Keaton return as Batman is going to happen in a movie I have no interest in. Oh well, if his role is well received hopefully they’ll make a Batman Beyond type movie with Keaton (that also acts as a conclusion to Burton’s movies).

If they are going to make another Batman movie with Keaton, I hope they bring Burton back to direct it.

I know he hasn't exactly been on a hot streak the last decade or so but it would feel wrong for them to make one without him given that he basically kickstarted the last three decades+ of comic book blockbusters. 

Not to mention that after those weak direct to DVD Adam West movies, I don't trust them to not just write a boring normal Batman story and then just dress it up in the Burton's version's aesthetic without actually grasping the tone it was aiming for. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, TerwillikerInst said:

If they are going to make another Batman movie with Keaton, I hope they bring Burton back to direct it.

I know he hasn't exactly been on a hot streak the last decade or so but it would feel wrong for them to make one without him given that he basically kickstarted the last three decades+ of comic book blockbusters. 

Not to mention that after those weak direct to DVD Adam West movies, I don't trust them to not just write a boring normal Batman story and then just dress it up in the Burton's version's aesthetic without actually grasping the tone it was aiming for. 

I thought those movies captured the charm/humor of the TV series, but to each their own. 

This reminds me that years back there was a pitch to do a Batman'89 stylized comic (like DC published for Batman '66 and the Wonder Woman show) which got rejected. A shame because imagine artists/writers trying to Burton-ize other villains that he didn't get to tackle. 

Or heck have that Keaton Batman team up with....Reeve's Superman. #LicensetoPrintFunnyBooksMoney