Neo

The Flash | June 16 2023 | Ezra Miller, Michael Keaton | We’re stoping the count at a Nice 69% RT (it’s 72% For Real) | Please Remember that Your Enjoyment Of The Film is Not Based On Others Opinions And To Be Nice To Each Other

It makes sense that Cyborg was apparently supposed to serve a somewhat prominent role in this. It seems like they were trying to him up as buddies with the Flash. Flash even mentions him by name during his cameo on the CW from last year. 

Edit: Apparently, Gizmodo says that a source has told them that Cyborg’s role in this movie really was just a cameo. 

Edited by WittyUsername

Joss Whedon's firing pretty much confirms there was truth to Ray Fisher's allegations. I believe what he's saying about Walter Hamada as well, and as a life long DC fan it's sad to see the direction the DCEU is taking, not only creatively, but also morally. I don't plan on ever supporting them again, with my money or with my free contribution to online buzz.

13 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

Joss Whedon's firing pretty much confirms there was truth to Ray Fisher's allegations. I believe what he's saying about Walter Hamada as well, and as a life long DC fan it's sad to see the direction the DCEU is taking, not only creatively, but also morally. I don't plan on ever supporting them again, with my money or with my free contribution to online buzz.

So I assume you won’t be watching the Snyder cut then? 

• Haha 6

44 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

I'm pretty ok with that if it means that we don't hear you go on a rant about how Snyder is gonna save the franchise or something ever again.

• Haha 4

4 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

Was Walter Hamada involved in the Snyder Cut? I was under the impression that was something the higher ups at AT&T pushed for, rather than WB and DC Films. 

He’s the president of DC films and was at the screening that Zack showed to execs at his home, of course he’s part of this in some way. I’m sure he didn’t make the final decision or anything but I’m sure he was part of the discussion. 

7 minutes ago, EarlyDeadlinePredictions said:

Is there a legal reason Fisher can't say what happened exactly? Why be vague at this point?

I don’t think anyone really knows what he can or can’t say. He’s usually pretty vague about everything and that’s why so many people are frustrated with him. At this I don’t think it matters anymore. 

After WB latest statement today I think it’s pretty obvious they’re backing Hamada and moving on from Cyborg. 

1 minute ago, belblazer said:

If true, I'm not surprised because of the Ezra's cameo on CW's Flash. But happy for Berlanti! He helped DCTV a lot in the past years and now it's time for some recognition on cinemas.

I just posted about this the WB thread and I agree, I’m just happy to see some semblance of a plan and coordination. 

When I first heard that the Ezra Miller cameo in the Arrowverse was requested by the movie division of WB, I assumed it was just so they could try to keep him fresh in people’s minds, but now it’s clear that it was so they could set up more crossovers on the movie side of things. I wish I could say that this excites me, but the Arrowverse is pretty much a joke at this point. 

Filming starts on April 26. Andy and Barbara are already in the UK.

Warner Bros’ The Flash is also thought to be on track for a production start at Warner Bros Studios Leavesden on April 26. Some 85% of the crew is understood to be local, and Argentinian director Andy Muschietti and his sister and producer Barbara Muschietti are already in the UK.

The Flash star Miller is due to wrap production soon on Warner Bros’ Fantastic Beasts And Where To Find Them 3 which is already shooting in the UK. Sources said the studio is working to ensure remaining crew and cast arrive in the UK with minimal disruption to the schedule.

Hollywood stays on track with UK shoots despite tighter Covid quarantine rules | News | Screen (screendaily.com)

Edited by belblazer
  • Thanks 1

On 1/14/2021 at 9:35 AM, lorddemaxus said:

I'm pretty ok with that if it means that we don't hear you go on a rant about how Snyder is gonna save the franchise or something ever again.

I love the way the guy blames Whedon for everything bad about JLm when a lot of what did not work had Snyder's fingerprints all over it.