Neo

The Flash | June 16 2023 | Ezra Miller, Michael Keaton | We’re stoping the count at a Nice 69% RT (it’s 72% For Real) | Please Remember that Your Enjoyment Of The Film is Not Based On Others Opinions And To Be Nice To Each Other

WB is bad? I though they were a good studio.

Lol Neo,, some of our fellow movie fans have lost it.. Obviously with the right writers Flashes powers and abilities on screen will be a tour de force.  A guy that can run between the nano secs of time, create worldwinds and vortexes , time travel...Infinitely possibilities to go to make the character successful.. Shoot seeing how he saves  folks from multiple bullets and showing that in a new visual way is going to be awesome VFX.... Get a great origin story and build to the flash suit and all his glory, similar to MOS...We will have 500-700+ M or more WW Flash movie..Flash is a huge seller if done right

It may or may not flop, but I for one am looking forward to this. I mean more than 50% of Marvel films are forgettable or flop, so WB has to start somewhere. Flash isn't that hard to sell, either.I love the Flash, especially Waid's and Geoff John's run. Guggenheim's small run was good, too.

Amen Fantomex... Ive always said experienting with all the physics and inventing a cool new way to show the flashes speed and shake up audiences.(AKA Matrix I )is going to be key to really wow everyone with SFX+ Story for the Flash..I  Can see the flash bitchslapping alot of the marvel movies if all goes well

Are you currently in ICU?  With Marvel minting money until 2021... WB/DC won't let this pass by. Regardless of any TV incarnations.

Excuse me? Warner Brothers has done shit with DC properties outside of Batman and Superman.

We aren’t even going to get a Flash movie; we’re going to get a TV show. That’s the best they could do?

Edited by Boxofficefanatic
  • Like 1

Excuse me? Warner Brothers has done shit with DC properties outside of Batman and Superman.

We aren’t even going to get a Flash movie; we’re going to get a TV show. That’s the best they could do?

BOF.. Sorry guy you must not be paying attention to the trades.. Flash, WW, another GL film are guranteed projects that Time Warner is funding... LMAO... So sorry Flash is happening.  And it actually may feature  all 3 major flashes..

Heck TW is even putting Aquaman on the plate.... So give the no Flash happening a rest. Your statement is totally inaccurate.

• Like 1

Grant Morrison (who did a '90s Flash run with Mark Millar that I thought was pretty good) wanted to write a Flash movie at one point:

Morrison: Well, they say that the human project is to reduce space and time to absolute zero - and we are everywhere at once, all the time…

Interviewer: I guess your favourite The Flash would be at the forefront of that?

Morrison: The Flash would be, I've written a really good Flash story that leads up to that.

Interviewer: Sorry, did you say that you're working on a Flash story?

Morrison: I wanted to do it as a movie. It was kind of like Groundhog Day, I wanted to do a superhero movie that wasn't a superhero movie, but that was Groundhog Day, but with The Flash; what was really cool, is imagined doing it as, like, The Incredible Shrinking Man or Stephen King's Thinner, that he wrote as Richard Bachman. You know when movies just take a real basic concept, oh this guy's getting faster and faster, tell your story.

Interviewer: What's that gonna come out in?

Morrison: Probably be in Earth-One, if I get around to doing it. I'd like to do it, I'd love to just do this romance that’s about a guy getting faster and faster and all the implications of that.

http://mindlessones.com/2011/06/30/grant-morrison-supergods-interview-transcript/

Sounds like the idea got shot down as a movie, which isn't surprising, since I'm sure WB has no interest in "a superhero movie that isn't a superhero movie." He still wants to do it as a comic, though.

Edited by Bob Violence

:( So there was no source?

"The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed a report by the Los Angeles Times that Warner Bros. will announce this morning at Comic-Con International a team-up reuniting "Man of Steel" director Zack Snyder, star Henry Cavill and screenwriter David S. Goyer. In addition, the studio is expected to reveal plans for a Flash movie in 2016, followed by the long-gestating "Justice League" in 2017".

Turned out to be bullshit.

Edited by Fancyarcher