Neo

The Flash | June 16 2023 | Ezra Miller, Michael Keaton | We’re stoping the count at a Nice 69% RT (it’s 72% For Real) | Please Remember that Your Enjoyment Of The Film is Not Based On Others Opinions And To Be Nice To Each Other

I think it's safe to say the DCU is pretty much is state of constant change.

But they do seem to be moving in the direction of featuring some of the lesser known (to the GA) charecters in their films, while they figure out what to do about Supes and Batsy.

Marvel Studios pulled this off,making lesser known charecters popular with the movie going public, remains to be seen if DC Studios can pull this off.

22 hours ago, TheDarkKnightOfSteel said:

So basically Cavill is still Superman until he isn't.

I think Cavill is going by the assumption his days of wearing the Cape are over.

Waners seems in no hurrty to put Supes back on the screen, the way things are going, the contract with Cavill may just expire;it has to have a drop dead date where if a film starring Cavill is not made, by a certain date, Cavill is freed from his obligations.

I think it's clear the DC can't decide what the hell it wants to do with this now that the Flashpoint idea is dead, another victim of JL's flopping.

I always suspected that Warners would drag it heels on a Solo Flash film until the TV show was off the air (you don't want to spend massive amount of money on a movie and find out people don't go because they think,rightly or wrongly, they can see pretty much the same thing for free on TV)  but I think they have other problems as well.

Edited by dudalb
  • ...wtf 1

10 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

Now that the Fantastic Beasts franchise is in trouble they should delay the third movie's production and get this back at its original start date.

It’ll probably be Space Jam 2 that gets the spot.

I think it's pretty obvious what WB is doing when greenlighting these DC movies now, they are focusing more on diverse characters and female representation in CBM's hence the rumors about Zatanna and Jamie Reyes Bluebeetle movie. Not to mention all the previous movies in Supergirl, Batgirl and Birds of Prey. Those male-centric comic book movies won't be happening anytime soon and I think that may also affect whether Reeves Batman actually gets made or not.  

15 minutes ago, DMan7 said:

I think it's pretty obvious what WB is doing when greenlighting these DC movies now, they are focusing more on diverse characters and female representation in CBM's hence the rumors about Zatanna and Jamie Reyes Bluebeetle movie. Not to mention all the previous movies in Supergirl, Batgirl and Birds of Prey. Those male-centric comic book movies won't be happening anytime soon and I think that may also affect whether Reeves Batman actually gets made or not.  

Birds of Prey is the only movie you mentioned that has been greenlit.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 11/19/2018 at 7:43 PM, Napoleon said:

Now that the Fantastic Beasts franchise is in trouble they should delay the third movie's production and get this back at its original start date.

This would be the ideal scenario but it all depends how far along they are on the script.

I'll say both things again, both easy to understand without cloudy fanboy glasses:  There was never a Man of Steel 2!  That became BvS.  And it was over. 

And: The Flash is not going to happen, not in this iteration. "Stop trying to make The Flash happen."  😉

• Like 1