Neo

The Flash | June 16 2023 | Ezra Miller, Michael Keaton | We’re stoping the count at a Nice 69% RT (it’s 72% For Real) | Please Remember that Your Enjoyment Of The Film is Not Based On Others Opinions And To Be Nice To Each Other

On 12/2/2018 at 9:09 PM, DMan7 said:

I think it's pretty obvious what WB is doing when greenlighting these DC movies now, they are focusing more on diverse characters and female representation in CBM's hence the rumors about Zatanna and Jamie Reyes Bluebeetle movie. Not to mention all the previous movies in Supergirl, Batgirl and Birds of Prey. Those male-centric comic book movies won't be happening anytime soon and I think that may also affect whether Reeves Batman actually gets made or not.  

So they re woke ?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, ZattMurdock said:

Seriously though, I don't think this film is happening either. At this point I'm already resigned to get my DC fix from stuff like Titans, Flash and Supergirl. Aquaman I am definitely excited for, but I doubt that Ezra will be the Flash again, it's not happening. 

They delayed this film to get some script re-writes in, I don't see why that means the film's not gonna happen now. Also Titans? yikes! CW's Flash & Supergirl? yikes!

7 hours ago, TMP said:

They delayed this film to get some script re-writes in, I don't see why that means the film's not gonna happen now. Also Titans? yikes! CW's Flash & Supergirl? yikes!

It will come eventually but this movie has had multiple directors and re-writes. 

Ezra was announced as the Flash over 4 years ago when the TV series started airing and it's in it's 5th season now.  Maybe it will start filming after the series is finished. :unsure:

2 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

It will come eventually but this movie has had multiple directors and re-writes. 

Ezra was announced as the Flash over 4 years ago when the TV series started airing and it's in it's 5th season now.  Maybe it will start filming after the series is finished. :unsure:

CW's Flash out-lasting Daredevil has to be one of the strangest things, especially since I've never met a human being who's ever seen the former while a lot of people in my Uni/High School saw Daredevil. Maybe it's aiming squarely for the pre-school/tween demographic.

10 minutes ago, TMP said:

CW's Flash out-lasting Daredevil has to be one of the strangest things, especially since I've never met a human being who's ever seen the former while a lot of people in my Uni/High School saw Daredevil. Maybe it's aiming squarely for the pre-school/tween demographic.

CW requires different kinds of viewership/ratings and the shows aren't as expensive to produce.  But everything about the Netflix/Marvel cancellations is strange.  Netflix went out of their way earlier this year after the Disney Streaming service was announced to say that they were contractually in charge of airing/cancellation of the shows and that they were very happy with them and would be holding on to them and then BAM - BAM - BAM - and w/o even the typical budget/viewing numbers excuses.

Edited by TalismanRing
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

Netflix went out of their way earlier this year after the Disney Streaming service was announced to say that they were contractually in charge of airing/cancellation of the shows and that they were very happy with them and would be holding on to them and then BAM - BAM - BAM - and w/o even the typical budget/viewing numbers excuses.

Do feel like a PR move to show they were the one cancelling them and not the other way around of them being put in a weaker position by Disney.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

CW requires different kinds of viewership/ratings and the shows aren't as expensive to produce.  But everything about the Netflix/Marvel cancellations is strange.  Netflix went out of their way earlier this year after the Disney Streaming service was announced to say that they were contractually in charge of airing/cancellation of the shows and that they were very happy with them and would be holding on to them and then BAM - BAM - BAM - and w/o even the typical budget/viewing numbers excuses.

Marvel Studios probably decided to hike up licensing fees as a deterrent when they weren't getting the episode number commitments (and perhaps creative/content agreements) that they wanted.  Thus, they priced Netflix out of making it worth it to themselves, as nearly every other property will eventually end up on Disney.  Also, there were rumors that the ratings for all of these shows had gone downhill overall...and I thought that Netflix seemed strangely low-key about promoting Daredevil's third season...  Like FOX, they officially worked on them until things changed...but they probably had a good idea at the top that things were going to change...and that Marvel ultimately wanted its toys back. 

Edited by Macleod
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, TMP said:

No, The Flash has been for many years the most-watched superhero series in the adult demo; and probably still is, since there isn't a lot of competition and the genre remains niche on TV.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Heat Vision said:

So no chance this starts filming in Feb like originally planned? 

When they announced the delay in filming they said it was because they were still working on the script and with Ezra filming the next FB it wouldn’t work, so unless the script is done and FB is delayed I guess not? I hope it does though.

3 minutes ago, cax16 said:

When they announced the delay in filming they said it was because they were still working on the script and with Ezra filming the next FB it wouldn’t work, so unless the script is done and FB is delayed I guess not? I hope it does though.

I think FB is getting delayed and this will film in the summer instead... I hope, anyways

This was the last "official" non-official word.

https://variety.com/2018/film/news/flash-standalone-movie-release-date-1202980356/

But I expect that this is just sugarcoating the first step in putting the project to sleep for a while.

Eventually, there will be a Flash feature film.  But not in this iteration...and not with Ezra. 

1 minute ago, Macleod said:

This was the last "official" non-official word.

https://variety.com/2018/film/news/flash-standalone-movie-release-date-1202980356/

But I expect that this is just sugarcoating the first step in putting the project to sleep for a while.

Eventually, there will be a Flash feature film.  But not in this iteration...and not with Ezra. 

Always have to come and ruin the party don’t you.

I know you’ve been saying this awhile now but I do hope a flash movie is eventually made, The TV show isn’t doing it for me anymore lol.