Neo

The Flash | June 16 2023 | Ezra Miller, Michael Keaton | We’re stoping the count at a Nice 69% RT (it’s 72% For Real) | Please Remember that Your Enjoyment Of The Film is Not Based On Others Opinions And To Be Nice To Each Other

13 minutes ago, 2kt09 said:

The tv show has spun its wheel on telling the same story to such a degree, I'd much rather they had the balls to do The Flash on the big screen the way its overcomplicated scifi intended. Seriously, go read Iris West's bio.

The tv show was only big in its first 3 seasons

6 hours ago, TMP said:

Fire Ezra. He's delayed production so many times already, and I really don't think he can write a good script.

Game Night was the first studio comedy to actually look and feel cinematic in ages, and was also perfectly cast from top to bottom. A Billy Magnussen Flash fighting Captain Cold played by Jesse Plemmons? Can I book my tickets now?

He hasn't delayed production at all.  WB has.

Not only were they in charge of all the hiring and firing of directors they've also been in charge of hiring Ezra and Ezra's filming schedule on FB.

Even this script competition is on WB, not Ezra.  If they didn't want it or any delay they'd say no.  As said he isn't RDJ or Jackman who can throw their weight around.

The only thing giving Ezra any minuscule leverage is that he was hired in 2014 and the de Havilland Clause is ticking down b/c WB has dragged this out for so damn long.  Even then if they started filming this year or next that wouldn't be an issue.

Edited by TalismanRing
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Knock It Off 1

4 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

He hasn't delayed production at all.  WB has.

Not only were they in charge of all the hiring and firing of directors they've also been in charge of hiring Ezra and Ezra's filming schedule on FB.

Even this script competition is on WB, not Ezra.  If they didn't want it or any delay they'd say no.  As said he isn't RDJ or Jackman who can throw their weight around.

The only thing giving Ezra any minuscule leverage is that he was hired in 2014 and the de Havilland Clause is ticking down b/c WB has dragged this out for so damn long.  Even then if they started filming this year or next that wouldn't be an issue.

WB being an awful multi-billion conglomerate and Ezra Miller being a giant diva aren’t mutually exclusive

18 minutes ago, CoolEric258 said:

The Fantastic Beasts cast is generally pretty weak, but Ezra's especially bad in those. I'm sure he's Oscar-worthy in Justice League or whatever, but I felt secondhand embarrasment watching him in that new Grindelwald joint.

Weird that an actor who hasn’t been good in anything for years had such a big ego on this film’s script, considering he was fine with a lot of terrible ones in the past. Only real loss is that it would have been cool to have a non-binary actor leading a project like this, and now he’s gonna be replaced by another jacked blonde dude, but considering his weird behavior regarding this film that’s not such a big loss.

9 minutes ago, TMP said:

WB being an awful multi-billion conglomerate and Ezra Miller being a giant diva aren’t mutually exclusive

Ezra Miller could Diva to his heart's content but WB wouldn't move an inch for him - he has no power here. 

See how quickly they slammed down on Cavill when his new agent started making noises.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, TMP said:

Weird that an actor who hasn’t been good in anything for years had such a big ego on this film’s script, considering he was fine with a lot of terrible ones in the past. Only real loss is that it would have been cool to have a non-binary actor leading a project like this, and now he’s gonna be replaced by another jacked blonde dude, but considering his weird behavior regarding this film that’s not such a big loss.

Did Ezra come out as non-binary? I thought that he identified as a cis gay male...

1 minute ago, TMP said:

I don’t know, I feel like representation is pretty cool when it comes to these big budget films, even when it’s not me being represented on the big screen

He could be a literal unicorn, wouldn't make a diff. 

The real losses are Ezra as being a capable actor along with Kiersey & Billy.  

• Like 1

Just now, 2kt09 said:

He could be a literal unicorn, wouldn't make a diff. 

The real losses are Ezra as being a capable actor along with Kiersey & Billy.  

If Billy Crudop is gone, Marvel should get him for Reed Richards. He’d be great for that part. I’d be surprised if Kiersey Clemons left though.

47 minutes ago, TMP said:

If Billy Crudop is gone, Marvel should get him for Reed Richards. He’d be great for that part. I’d be surprised if Kiersey Clemons left though.

Agreed on Crudup for FF - great idea...and how about Naomi Watts, his current beau, for Susan Storm? 

...But Clemons will walk and/or her option will run out before this Flash thing ever gets made...

Ezra's contract runs out in May, thus the mad rush for his Reps to "position" him as the "potential savior" to The Flash. I'm betting it's his people, not Warner Bros., who had this last-ditch attempt "leaked" to THR. 

What...you didn't see that coming?  🧐

14 hours ago, LouisianaArkansasGeorgia said:

Is it true that Ezra reportedly favors a darker take on the character?

I guess he did not learn anything from the Snyderverse imploding...

Most of the DCEU actors seem to be very loyal towards Snyder. Understandable since he cast them but at this point, they seem loyal to a fault. I recall Ray Fisher being asked who he'd want to direct a Cyborg movie and he said Snyder, lol. 

I feel for Ezra because he's in year 5 and still no solo movie. But I'm open to a recast. I'm fine with them recasting Iris as well, as long as they know she should remain a woman of color. 

Edited by Ororo Munroe

5 minutes ago, Ororo Munroe said:

I feel for Ezra because he's in year 5 and still no solo movie. But I'm open to a recast. I'm fine with them recasting Iris as well, as long as they know she should remain a woman of color. 

This is like hoping the MCU's Human Torch is gonna be played by a person of colour too

24 minutes ago, TMP said:

This is like hoping the MCU's Human Torch is gonna be played by a person of colour too

Right because a character being recast in a completely different universe is the same as a recast for the same movie within the same universe. What a reach. 

If WB doesn't want any more bad publicity, they'll do the smart thing and cast a woman of color.  

Edited by Ororo Munroe