Jump to content
Neo

The Flash | November 4 2022 | Ezra Miller, Kiersey Clemons | Andy Muschietti directing | Michael Keaton and Ben Affleck returning as Batman/Batmen

Recommended Posts

33 minutes ago, Ororo Munroe said:

Right because a character being recast in a completely different universe is the same as a recast for the same movie within the same universe. What a reach. 

 

DCEU doesn't exist anymore though, at least according to the head of DC Films Walter Hamada. Hence "The Suicide Squad" being a reboot. I hope Kiersey Clemmons stays, if only because there's no reason to lose a talented actor over Miller's hissy fit, but if they do recast there's no guarantee it's gonna be a POC actor again

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, TMP said:

DCEU doesn't exist anymore though, at least according to the head of DC Films Walter Hamada. Hence "The Suicide Squad" being a reboot.

DCEU was never an official name to begin with. But a connected universe does exist with even Aquaman and what looks like it from Shazam's trailers, continued references to Justice League and previous films and characters. Also, how is "The Suicide Squad" a reboot if Margot Robbie and possibly Viola Davis are returning?

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Spidey Freak said:

DCEU was never an official name to begin with. But a connected universe does exist with even Aquaman and what looks like it from Shazam's trailers, continued references to Justice League and previous films and characters. Also, how is "The Suicide Squad" a reboot if Margot Robbie and possibly Viola Davis are returning?

 "First of all, we don’t call it Suicide Squad 2 ‘cause it’s a total reboot, so it’s The Suicide Squad and I think people should be extremely excited about it. It’s everything you would hope from a James Gunn script and I think that says a lot and that promises a lot and I know that we will deliver a lot."

-DC Films producer Peter Safran (Aquaman, Shazam!, The Suicide Squad)

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TMP said:

DCEU doesn't exist anymore though, at least according to the head of DC Films Walter Hamada. Hence "The Suicide Squad" being a reboot. I hope Kiersey Clemmons stays, if only because there's no reason to lose a talented actor over Miller's hissy fit, but if they do recast there's no guarantee it's gonna be a POC actor again

Whether the DCEU still exists or not, the continuity hasn't been broken.  We're still talking about the same movie under the same company.  Of course there is no guarantee. I'm talking about what should happen.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Ororo Munroe said:

Whether the DCEU still exists or not, the continuity hasn't been broken.  We're still talking about the same movie under the same company.  Of course there is no guarantee.

Heading into movie # 7 and we're still waiting for the first onscreen recast.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, 2kt09 said:

The tv show has spun its wheel on telling the same story to such a degree, I'd much rather they had the balls to do The Flash on the big screen the way its overcomplicated scifi intended. Seriously, go read Iris West's bio.

I was Speaking strictly  in terms of box office. it'ss trickty to get people to pay for something they think they can see for free."Why Should I pay 12 bucks to see a Flash movie when I can watch the TV Show" DC fans will not think that way, but many in the GA will.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ororo Munroe said:

Whether the DCEU still exists or not, the continuity hasn't been broken.  We're still talking about the same movie under the same company.  Of course there is no guarantee. I'm talking about what should happen.

You can recast but still keep story anc charecter continuity. Happens all the time,.

Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, dudalb said:

I was Speaking strictly  in terms of box office. it'ss trickty to get people to pay for something they think they can see for free."Why Should I pay 12 bucks to see a Flash movie when I can watch the TV Show" DC fans will not think that way, but many in the GA will.

The Flash tv show isn't popular enough to have a major effect on the box office of a potential Flash film. It's only popular towards certain demographics. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Darth Lehnsherr said:

The Flash tv show isn't popular enough to have a major effect on the box office of a potential Flash film. It's only popular towards certain demographics. 

Flash was popular ' for the CW' during the first season or two.  Then it became unwatchable garbage and has about 40-45% of the viewers it had in it's peak years. I mean this last week it had 1.5 million viewers. 

 

I stopped watching the show 2 years ago as it's just terrible outside the yearly team up episode.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/16/2019 at 3:16 PM, AdamKendall said:

Flash was popular ' for the CW' during the first season or two.  Then it became unwatchable garbage and has about 40-45% of the viewers it had in it's peak years. I mean this last week it had 1.5 million viewers. 

 

I stopped watching the show 2 years ago as it's just terrible outside the yearly team up episode.

 

LOL The Flash still has far and away the best ratings on the CW.

 

The biggest drawback the CW hero shows have? They are given full seasons. At best they should be 16 episodes. Stretching their story over 23~ episodes is a chore. Also, Barry makes too many mistakes, and they rarely ever focus on anyone BUT him. Like... there are a ton of other characters on the show that have yet to be fully fleshed out in 5 seasons. (this season has been pretty decent, but again, it's starting to go long).

 

No, Grant should not be the big screen Flash, unless it's as part of a multi-verse cameo.

 

But I think they should just go all in and do Wally West, as a young black man. Keep Keirsey as his sister.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Given that WB has yet to show much interest at all in a Cyborg movie, I don't think they'll be quick to make a Flash movie centering a black Wally West. And remember there were rumors that they were planning to recast Iris, which isn't hard to believe given that they cut her scenes in JL, or at least allowed Whedon to do so. She wasn't my first choice so I don't mind a recast. I always preferred either Antonia Thomas or Kylie Bunbury, who is actually in Game Night as well. I imagine she'll have a good shot at the role, if they do recast and the current directors remain. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd be fine with either of those actresses. But I think they'd be very smart to do a Wally West Flash. He's the character that has the most potential. And the casting of Iris will almost entirely depend on who is cast for Wally (in this situation) as Wally is the younger brother.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I got a feeling Miller's demand to be a writer on the Flash film is DOA. He is a very good actor, but his quality and skill as a writer are a complete unknown, and Warners will not let him near a word processor as far as the Flalsh Movie is cncerened.

And Morrison whole style seems to be at odds with the current trend of the DCU.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, dudalb said:

I got a feeling Miller's demand to be a writer on the Flash film is DOA. He is a very good actor, but his quality and skill as a writer are a complete unknown, and Warners will not let him near a word processor as far as the Flalsh Movie is cncerened.

And Morrison whole style seems to be at odds with the current trend of the DCU.

Didn't follow anything, but what do you mean by DOA ? That the movie will never be made ? Has for a complete unknown, that sound impossible to say from the exterior, it is not like we known about the uncredited writing work of actors.

 

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0439572/fullcredits?ref_=tt_ov_wr#writers/

 

Directed by 

John Francis Daley  
Jonathan Goldstein  

Writing Credits (in alphabetical order)  

Gardner Fox ... (characters)
Joby Harold ... (screenplay)
Harry Lampert ... (characters)
Ezra Miller  
Grant Morrison
Edited by Barnack
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Barnack said:

Didn't follow anything, but what do you mean by DOA ? That the movie will never be made ? Has for a complete unknown, that sound impossible to say from the exterior, it is not like we known about the uncredited writing work of actors.

 

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0439572/fullcredits?ref_=tt_ov_wr#writers/

 

Directed by 

John Francis Daley  
Jonathan Goldstein  

Writing Credits (in alphabetical order)  

Gardner Fox ... (characters)
Joby Harold ... (screenplay)
Harry Lampert ... (characters)
Ezra Miller  
Grant Morrison

I meant a Dark, Edgy, Gritty approach to the FLash is DOA.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dudalb said:

He is a very good actor, but his quality and skill as a writer are a complete unknown, and Warners will not let him near a word processor

You know the number of times and people they had have a crack at the script for the last 5 years so at this point they're probably like what could another story treatment do harm when we've heard so many by so many guys since this project first began.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.




×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Guidelines. Feel free to read our Privacy Policy as well.