Neo

The Flash | June 16 2023 | Ezra Miller, Michael Keaton | We’re stoping the count at a Nice 69% RT (it’s 72% For Real) | Please Remember that Your Enjoyment Of The Film is Not Based On Others Opinions And To Be Nice To Each Other

3 minutes ago, cax16 said:

I would assume it’s about the flash as they just had that update last week about Ezra Miller’s flash script etc. 

I would hope so but I don't want to get my hopes up that there is actually good news coming related to the Flash, lol. That last update didn't exactly leave me feeling optimistic. 

1 minute ago, Ororo Munroe said:

I would hope so but I don't want to get my hopes up that there is actually good news coming related to the Flash, lol. That last update didn't exactly leave me feeling optimistic. 

I agree, I’ve tried to stay positive about this movie but it hasn’t been easy. 

I assume WB is probably looking over Miller script and then they’ll decide what’s going on.

The fact that he said “stand by” doesn’t exactly make me feel confident though. 

Game Night is very good!

If they leave then just cancel the film at this point. They're the most promising of the three creative teams that have been involved with the film (best of the 4 if Miller/Morrison counts)

I have absolutely no idea why WB is even wasting their time with Miller/Morrison.  Just fucking re-cast and do the movie.  Watch them drop Miller after he submits his script and then the directors walk for even being put in this situation where they kind of look like idiots who WB isn't even sold on.

Edited by AdamKendall
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, AdamKendall said:

I have absolutely no idea why WB is even wasting their time with Miller/Morrison.  Just fucking re-cast and do the movie.  Watch them drop Miller after he submits his script and then the directors walk for even being put in this situation. 

Billy Magussen is right there too! And he has a great relationship with the directors.

• Like 1

Just now, TMP said:

Billy Magussen is right there too! And he has a great relationship with the directors.

I mean again if Ezra was some 'commercially' beloved actor who meant actual $$$ to the franchise, I'd understand, but he's not ... and he doesn't.  Obviously him being a big part of FB franchise means nothing as fans are already jumping ship after 2 movies.  

Look he was awesome in some indie films and I adore Perks of Being a Wallflower, but enough is enough. 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, AdamKendall said:

I have absolutely no idea why WB is even wasting their time with Miller/Morrison.  Just fucking re-cast and do the movie.  Watch them drop Miller after he submits his script and then the directors walk for even being put in this situation where they kind of look like idiots who WB isn't even sold on.

I’m honestly so baffled by what’s going on with this movie. A flash movie has such huge potential, not only to be great but it could be a huge money maker as well. 

• Like 2

Not only do I feel that a Flash film could be a huge moneymaker, but I also think Ezra is a great fit for the character. I didn't really like all of what he did  JL, but I didn't really like all of what Momoa or Gadot did  in JL either (and I absolutely loved them in their respective solo movies), which to me means that the problem was really what they had to work with in the ill-fated Whedon/Snyder movie. 

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Spidey Freak said:

It's kinda hilarious though. As late as 2015, out of Flash, Wonder Woman, Aquaman and Shazam, if you had asked people who would be the easiest superhero to make a commercially viable movie on, most would have answered Flash.

Yep and I still believe this to be true, which makes all the drama and delays even more perplexing. 

• Like 1

https://wegotthiscovered.com/movies/ezra-miller-reportedly-flash-wb-script-recast/

"Well, according to a source close to We Got This Covered, this has come to pass and Miller may now be done as the Flash. It should be said that our source notes they’ve heard some conflicting information on the topic, but we’re told that the general consensus amongst those close to the project is that the Justice League star won’t be playing the lead in The Flash, after all, and Warner Bros. will now recast the role.

As laid out in previous write-ups of the situation, the reason for this is that WB decided not to go with Miller’s storyline as it’s simply not the route they want to take. We’ve been told that they liked his script, but not enough to change course. This makes sense, too, considering WB has found success with lighter fare like Aquaman and Shazam! of late and Miller’s script was said to be a grand, dark multiversal epic in the vein of Flashpoint."

Edited by Jormungard