Neo

The Flash | June 16 2023 | Ezra Miller, Michael Keaton | We’re stoping the count at a Nice 69% RT (it’s 72% For Real) | Please Remember that Your Enjoyment Of The Film is Not Based On Others Opinions And To Be Nice To Each Other

5 minutes ago, NamakFiskKa said:

Did.... did Ezra actually won against the Homecoming duo and sway the whole production/story treatment toward hiring new filmmaker...  :wintf::winomg:

They’re not using Miller’s script. Hodson is starting from scratch.

1 minute ago, TestPattern said:

He didn't win, they aren't using Ezra's script

Hollywood Reporter broke the Ezra pitch scope and now same outlet is reporting about Director/Writer change so maybe this is related to previous thing or at least its clear they arent going with whatever Game Night duo pitched to them anymore.

As for Ezra' actual script , I mean thats the last thing anyone (most probably him) would want...

13 minutes ago, NamakFiskKa said:

Good : DC properties has pretty great track record with ex New Line helmers

Bad : Andy has too much on its plate so much that he can even fit another WB production before he can latest exit before this reaches pre-production

They are planning to start the production in January 2020

It was inevitable for Muschietti to take on a DC property.Glad it’s The Flash.

And Hodson seems to be the real mastermind behind the new era of DCEU.I mean she has written BoP,which is apparently testing fantastic,She wrote a script for Batgirl and she is now taking on The Flash.Given her work on Bumblebee I am not surprised honestly.She is great.

But another interesting thing...wasn’t WB supposed to only keep Miller if his script was better than Goldstein and Daley?So they keep Miller,not choose his script and still let Goldstein and Daley Walk?

I think these are all good news. Ezra stays, Andy Muschetti comes in as the new director and Christina Hodson writing the script.

Does this mean good news for a potential Batgirl movie getting greenlight? We know she got hired to write the script but nothing since then.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NamakFiskKa said:

Good : DC properties has pretty great track record with ex New Line helmers

Bad : Andy has too much on its plate so much that he can even fit another WB production before he can latest exit before this reaches pre-production

Only other thing on his imdb page is Attack on Titan, which should take much longer to produce than a Flash movie...but I'd still be betting on this other anime adaptation coming out sooner than a Flash movie.

6 minutes ago, TMP said:

They should have gotten Nicholas Winding Refn for this if they were getting a new director. Now it'll just be boring; at least it could have been interesting with him there.

Daley and Goldstein aren't interesting, especially not in the writing department. Game Night had some good directing but the writing was extremely mediocre. In terms of 2018 comedies, Blockers was much better.

Edited by lorddemaxus
  • Knock It Off 1

21 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

Daley and Goldstein aren't interesting, especially not in the writing department. Game Night had some good directing but the writing was extremely mediocre. In terms of 2018 comedies, Blockers was much better.

They're more interesting than the Hodson/Muschietti/Miller trio. We might have even gotten a decent lead actor if Ezra decided to finally walk.

Marvel should get Daley/Goldstein for their Fant4stic. Would be leaps & bounds better than Peyton Reed.

I don't think Ezra gave the best performance in JL but I'm not going to hold that against him considering how much drama there was with that movie. I still like him and with Hodson attached, I feel like this is probably the best chance this movie has of actually coming to fruition. 

• Like 3

I just want a flash movie, I’m fine with the changes as long as the movie actually happens. I was excited to see what Daley and Goldstein were gonna do but after reading about the bop stuff ( and I loved “It”) I’m fine with this. 

Edited by cax16
  • Thanks 1

I don’t know about this film anymore. It’s way too troubled and while I’m excited that Muschietti is taking over, I could easily see a scenario where Muschietti sticks around and Miller part ways with the project. 

I just hope we get a Flash film at this point, with Ezra or not, with Muschietti or not.

• Like 1

I should also add that I don’t care one way or another if they replace miller. I get he seems passionate about this project but he seems to be making this harder to make as well so whatever happens I’m fine with. 

17 minutes ago, Omario said:

hoping everyday Ezra leaves the project. 

Why? Ezra is a good actor. I’m still hoping they use this film as a lynchpin to fix the inconsistencies of the DC shared universe. Give Flash his most famous story and make it epic:

dasu6ap-32ac3541-e70e-46c1-a773-26ab6b53

That would make it epic and give a clean slate to a shared universe moving forward. Ezra playing the superhero that saves the entire DC Universe has a lot of appeal imho. Do what Marvel Studios didn’t and bring EVERYONE to this: Ben Affleck’s Batman, Pattinson’s Batman, Wonder Woman, Aquaman, Mera, Cyborg, Cavil’s Superman, Smallville’s Lex, the Suicide Squad, Shazam, Birds of Prey, hell, give Phoenix Joker a cameo. Bring the Arrowverse, Titans and even Gustin’s Flash.

Instead of having Ezra playing Flash for multiple films, introduce the concept of legacy in the DC Universe with a sequel featuring Wally West and maybe even get Bart Allen involved. You can make it epic and at same time fresh. I know it could be an astronomical budget, but if they play smart and have Muschietti steering this, I could see it paying off.

Edited by Zatt Hawkguy Murdock