Neo

The Flash | June 16 2023 | Ezra Miller, Michael Keaton | We’re stoping the count at a Nice 69% RT (it’s 72% For Real) | Please Remember that Your Enjoyment Of The Film is Not Based On Others Opinions And To Be Nice To Each Other

5 minutes ago, Zatt Hawkguy Murdock said:

That would make it epic and give a clean slate to a shared universe moving forward. Ezra playing the superhero that saves the entire DC Universe has a lot of appeal imho. Do what Marvel Studios didn’t and bring EVERYONE to this: Ben Affleck’s Batman, Pattinson’s Batman, Wonder Woman, Aquaman, Mera, Cyborg, Cavil’s Superman, Smallville’s Lex, the Suicide Squad, Shazam, Birds of Prey, hell, give Phoenix Joker a cameo. Bring the Arrowverse, Titans and even Gustin’s Flash.

Affleck is done with Batman for life, and Joaquin only signed a one picture deal - and that's only because Joker is the anti-thesis of a Crisis film.

9 minutes ago, TMP said:

Affleck is done with Batman for life, and Joaquin only signed a one picture deal - and that's only because Joker is the anti-thesis of a Crisis film.

I’m aware of that, but I also heard that he still is under contract for another film. It wouldn’t be a Batman film, it’s a Flash film through and through. One way you could do Crisis and have all these characters showing up in my mind imho would be to have a climax sort of a cross between Endgame and what Gunn did with this intro scene of Vol. 2:

All the superheroes are there, throughout time and space fighting Anti-Monitor through time, space and infinite Earths. We don’t really get a glimpse of any of them as much of them fighting, while Flash is running faster than the light to save his friends, his family, the whole universe. Once the film ends, we get a version of... this:

3903075-flash_wally_west_0060.jpg

Edited by Zatt Hawkguy Murdock

4 hours ago, NamakFiskKa said:

Good : DC properties has pretty great track record with ex New Line helmers

Bad : Andy has too much on its plate so much that he can even fit another WB production before he can latest exit before this reaches pre-production

The only other thing Andy has on his plate is Attack on Titan which will probably never happen so how exactly does he have “too much”?

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, TestPattern said:

I don't like Ezra either, but at this point, I'd take Dany Devito as the Flash so long as the movie happens.

THIS IS THE 5TH DIRECTOR ON THE FLASH

On this iteration!  THE FLASH has been in on-off development at Warner Bros. for...decades.

The infamous David Goyer wrote a treatment during the early 2000s...among other folks, and it had been played with as a live-action film in the halls of Warner Bros. since the 1980s, at least.

The character's had two TV shows and countless animated iterations...and for some reason...Warner Bros. still can't figure it out.

Edited by Macleod

On 7/3/2019 at 6:40 AM, Macleod said:

On this iteration!  THE FLASH has been in on-off development at Warner Bros. for...decades.

The infamous David Goyer wrote a treatment during the early 2000s...among other folks, and it had been played with as a live-action film in the halls of Warner Bros. since the 1980s, at least.

The character's had two TV shows and countless animated iterations...and for some reason...Warner Bros. still can't figure it out.

TBF, Wonder Woman was in development since the 90s so it's not unusual. I would imagine a Flash movie will happen sooner or later. 

On 7/2/2019 at 10:40 PM, Macleod said:

Making movies is a difficult, long, convoluted process. Even things that seem like a brilliant slam dunk may not pan out. Some things will go through iteration after iteration. And that's fine. Ideally, it'd be better for them to be workshopped until they're right, so long as they're not over-worked. But in this case it seems as if they're discarding entire takes that don't work, rather than iterating the process.

I could imagine that one stumbling block is budgetary. If all the previous takes were too ambitious for their desires, and they couldn't come to an agreement on what to compromise, people might exit. (In this case we don't know who severed the relationship, the previous writer/directors or WB.) Shazam, BoP, and Joker are all looking at a lower budget. The Aquaman and WW sequels aren't, but both are following proven winners. (And the first films' higher budgets is a vestige of the previous management.)

That could be one thing that WB likes about Hodson. Bumblebee was lower budget than the previous TF entries, but still managed to pack a punch. That seems to be true for BoP, and I'd guess is also the case for Batgirl. They could be hoping she can deliver a Flash script that gives them a better chance of success without needing breakout business.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Also, Crisis would be a terrible idea, and it's really not necessary. Specifically pointing out all the films that people don't really care for in order to fix the problems they create isn't likely to be a winning combination.

Just... ignore the stuff they don't want to keep and move on. Continuity is only good if it's helpful.

• Like 5

Given that The Flash is one of DC's most popular heroes (arguably the most popular outside of Batman/Supes/WW), I'd hope WB isn't handwringing over money. Of course I'd understand if we're talking an amount significantly higher than most solo CBMs, but WB shouldn't have the same concerns for this movie that they'd have for Shazam or an R-rated BoP or Joker. 

Edited by Ororo Munroe
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, Ororo Munroe said:

Given that The Flash is one of DC's most popular heroes (arguably the most popular outside of Batman/Supes/WW), I'd hope WB isn't handwringing over money. Of course I'd understand if we're talking an amount significantly higher than most solo CBMs, but WB shouldn't have the same concerns for this movie that they'd have for Shazam or an R-rated BoP or Joker. 

This will probably make less money than an R rated Joker if Ezra is still the lead.

15 minutes ago, Ororo Munroe said:

Pretty much this, Flash is very popular and if the movie is good and the budget isn’t ridiculous it has a chance to make a lot of money. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, TMP said:

This will probably make less money than an R rated Joker if Ezra is still the lead.

Lol Nah. If WW and Aquaman could be big successes with Gadot and Momoa as the title characters, The Flash should be fine. And that's no hate towards Gadot or Momoa because they are both likable and convincing in their roles but neither is a great actor, to say the least.  

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Ororo Munroe said:

Lol Nah. If WW and Aquaman could be big successes with Gadot and Momoa as the title characters, The Flash should be fine. And that's no hate towards Gadot or Momoa because they are both likable and convincing in their roles but neither is a great actor, to say the least.  

Yeah, but Ezra was already in two critically reviled box office flops in a row, and unlike Gadot & Momoa he doesn't have charisma. I don't think Aquaman would have made that much money if someone less charismatic was the lead, while for Flash I think you need someone who's closer to Jason Momoa/Tom Holland than Miller - who's a lot closer to a Jared Leto.

1 hour ago, TMP said:

Yeah, but Ezra was already in two critically reviled box office flops in a row, and unlike Gadot & Momoa he doesn't have charisma. I don't think Aquaman would have made that much money if someone less charismatic was the lead, while for Flash I think you need someone who's closer to Jason Momoa/Tom Holland than Miller - who's a lot closer to a Jared Leto.

I don't think either Justice League or Grindlewald can be blamed on Miller. There some other far more prevalent issues. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, ElsaRoc said:

I don't think either Justice League or Grindlewald can be blamed on Miller. There some other far more prevalent issues. 

Agreed, but I still don't think that Ezra Miller will be in whatever version of The Flash it is that ultimately makes it to the big screen.