Neo

The Flash | June 16 2023 | Ezra Miller, Michael Keaton | We’re stoping the count at a Nice 69% RT (it’s 72% For Real) | Please Remember that Your Enjoyment Of The Film is Not Based On Others Opinions And To Be Nice To Each Other

3 hours ago, TMP said:

Yeah, but Ezra was already in two critically reviled box office flops in a row, and unlike Gadot & Momoa he doesn't have charisma. I don't think Aquaman would have made that much money if someone less charismatic was the lead, while for Flash I think you need someone who's closer to Jason Momoa/Tom Holland than Miller - who's a lot closer to a Jared Leto.

I don't agree that he doesn't have charisma. He had his moments in JL where I thought, with the right script and direction, he could really be good as the lead in his own film. And even that deleted scene with Kiersey was promising. Now, he may not be as charming as Holland but Holland is at the top of the list for me among young actors. Miller doesn't necessarily need to be *that* good. 

• Haha 1

I hope Andy Muschietti getting the gig doesn't end up meaning he won't be able to make the Attack on Titan film, and I hope it doesn't mean that the project simply never happens. He'd be a good director for that film. Perhaps he can direct The Flash first, and then direct Attack on Titan. Or vice versa.

i don’t think the problem with ezra is that he’s less talented than tom holland - it’s that the flash suits him less than spider-man suits holland. spider-man plays to all holland’s strengths - earnest, sweet, youthful. ezra really has to stretch to fit the flash. he is not the first or even the fiftieth person i’d have in mind for barry allen.

now if i were casting an indie movie about a dark, edgy teenager, then ezra would be at the top of my list.

35 minutes ago, TheDarkKnightOfSteel said:

I liked Ezra as Barry but I feel like they need to tone down the campiness.Maybe more smart ass one liners and less overly excited flash to the point that he is acting like an idior?

It's funny that people are comparing him to Holland's Spider-Man, because one huge change from the comics is that he doesn't drop the quips that are Spidey's bread and butter. Holland plays the part very well, but it's a drastic change from the comics. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, ElsaRoc said:

It's funny that people are comparing him to Holland's Spider-Man, because one huge change from the comics is that he doesn't drop the quips that are Spidey's bread and butter. Holland plays the part very well, but it's a drastic change from the comics. 

He does drop quips in the Russo's films, just not in the Watts ones.

The best Spider-quipping was in (yes I am saying this) Amazing Spider-Man 2. The first one had some but he came off as too cynical (the “car thief” scene that had everyone squeeing about this Spidey having the quips, came off as way too snide IMO). But the opening to ASM2 is probably the closest we’ve gotten to classic, quipping, 616-universe Spidey. It’s a shame that the rest of the movie was a mess.

Edited by TServo2049

I'll go on record and say that a Cavill Supes/Miller Flash movie could actually make a boatload of money. For all the hate JL gets, the Evil Supes scene had 50 million views on YouTube and the obvious highlight is the scene where Supes catches Flash out of the corner of his.

I think Miller probably screwed the pooch at Warners with his antics over his "dark gritty" version of The Flash,and he won't be back .

His timing was for that was horrible. Studios never like an actor..even one with more muscle then Miller has..trying to dictate to them and he sure as hell picked a terrible time for insisting on a dark and gritty approach to a character  who is almost always viewed as upbeat after DC had taken a beating for going dark and gritty wit6h charecters who really did not fit that profile...like Supes.

It's not that DC will not go dark and gritty if if fits the character..the upcoming Joker movie shows that....but they have learned..the hard way,not to force every character into a "Dark Knight" dark and gritty mode. Miller's timing for that is just really horrible.

• Like 1