Neo

The Flash | June 16 2023 | Ezra Miller, Michael Keaton | We’re stoping the count at a Nice 69% RT (it’s 72% For Real) | Please Remember that Your Enjoyment Of The Film is Not Based On Others Opinions And To Be Nice To Each Other

11 hours ago, TMP said:

This movie should debut on the CW too, it's got the same tier of director and lead actor.

The CW shows are pretty consistently earnest and entertaining, have a varied tone, and manage to be fun even when serious. They lean into their comic book roots, and put in lots of nice references, even when straying from the source material. When they crossover, they manage to be more than the sum of their parts. 

If superheroes in movies could consistently hit at the CW level, they'd be better for it. 

Plus, y'know, they have LGBT characters front and center, rather than just allusions and fleeting background moments. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 5

Just now, ElsaRoc said:

The CW shows are pretty consistently earnest and entertaining, have a varied tone, and manage to be fun even when serious. They lean into their comic book roots, and put in lots of nice references, even when straying from the source material. When they crossover, they manage to be more than the sum of their parts. 

If superheroes in movies could consistently hit at the CW level, they'd be better for it. 

Plus, y'know, they have LGBT characters front and center, rather than just allusions and fleeting background moments. 

I am afraid the somebody has a whole "Anything DC that is not the Watchmen on TV is shit" attitude.

• Haha 1
  • Disbelief 1

28 minutes ago, ElsaRoc said:

I honestly don't care about leaning into their comic book roots when the filmmaking is Batman and Robin bad. The only fun CW show is Legends of Tomorrow and thats because it actually knows to be fun. Hell, I'd rather watch Batman and Robin just because its so absurd that it actually becomes a fun movie. CW shows to me are just painful to watch.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

I honestly don't care about leaning into their comic book roots when the filmmaking is Batman and Robin bad. The only fun CW show is Legends of Tomorrow and thats because it actually knows to be fun. Hell, I'd rather watch Batman and Robin just because its so absurd that it actually becomes a fun movie. CW shows to me are just painful to watch.

Okay. 

I don't agree, but okay. 

2 hours ago, belblazer said:

I'm starting to think that he is testing with Victor if he can travel in time. I'd expect this scene on his film in 2022 and Cyborg as sidekick.

I also think this is extremely likely. The aspect ratio of the show changed and the scene even looked weird. Definitely shot for the big screen.

45 minutes ago, The Chad DC said:

I also think this is extremely likely. The aspect ratio of the show changed and the scene even looked weird. Definitely shot for the big screen.

Do you think we’ll see a similar scene in the movie with Ezra’s Barry going into the multiverse? And then it is followed by this scene with him running into Grant?

7 minutes ago, JGAR4LIFE said:

Do you think we’ll see a similar scene in the movie with Ezra’s Barry going into the multiverse? And then it is followed by this scene with him running into Grant?

I think thats the most probable scenario. It would be a very cool post credit scene if that what's they elect to do.

6 hours ago, TMP said:

It 2 was a disaster

Budget for IT 2: 79 million dollars

Final gross world wide 430 Million.

Every studio would like to have a "Disaster" like that. It did not do as well as the first film, but still made a hell of a lot money.

I agree it was not as good as the first chapter, but then the parts of the novel dealing with the Losers as adults was not as good as the parts dealing with them as kids.

• Knock It Off 1

5 minutes ago, dudalb said:

Budget for IT 2: 79 million dollars

Final gross world wide 430 Million.

Every studio would like to have a "Disaster" like that. It did not do as well as the first film, but still made a hell of a lot money.

I agree it was not as good as the first chapter, but then the parts of the novel dealing with the Losers as adults was not as good as the parts dealing with them as kids.

I was talking about the quality.

3 hours ago, Darth Lehnsherr said:

It was a nice treat for fans idk how it would affect the quality of an actual Flash film. Just have the scene again as a small cameo and then it'll be rewarding to some fans without supposedly hurting the quality of the film.

Given that the screenplay for the Flash Movie is still being written, I would say this would have zero impact on the quality of a FLash movie one way or the other.