Neo

The Flash | June 16 2023 | Ezra Miller, Michael Keaton | We’re stoping the count at a Nice 69% RT (it’s 72% For Real) | Please Remember that Your Enjoyment Of The Film is Not Based On Others Opinions And To Be Nice To Each Other

The long-term planning for this decision is so strange. One of the issues with Affleck was his age, but you're realistically only gonna get... 5 more years out of Keaton? Why not get Clooney if you wanted to do legacy casting? You get a 10 year head-start at least.

14 minutes ago, Macleod said:

He is and always has been.  Even if these movies end up being shit, he has a long career to be very proud of, and at least a couple of gems post-Birdman (The Founder, etc.) 

This was kind of inevitable given the fan support for Keaton and continuous mult-versing out (now WB is trying to beat Marvel at the game again).  But I would have preferred to see a full-on BATMAN BEYOND film.  Oh well...a guy can dream. 

And announced within the same hour as Schumacher's passing?  ... 2020 continues to astound! 

They should wait until Bale is older and becomes  indiscriminate about his roles to make a Batman Beyond 

1 minute ago, TMP said:

The long-term planning for this decision is so strange. One of the issues with Affleck was his age, but you're realistically only gonna get... 5 more years out of Keaton? Why not get Clooney if you wanted to do legacy casting? You get a 10 year head-start at least.

It's probably gonna be a one and done movie deal like the CW Crisis on Infinite Earths crossover with Brandon Routh Superman and Into the Spider-Verse with Chris Pine Spidey and Nic Cage Spidey Noir.

Heck, after this announcement, I won't be surprised if they put Maguire and/or Garfield Spider-Man in Multiverse of Madness even if they hadn't been planning to before. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, TMP said:

People don’t care about George Clooney’s Batman, though. 

1 minute ago, Spidey Freak said:

It's probably gonna be a one and done movie deal like the CW Crisis on Infinite Earths crossover with Brandon Routh Superman and Into the Spider-Verse with Chris Pine Spidey and Nic Cage Spidey Noir.

THR's reporting he'll be taking over duties as Batman in the DCEU moving forward, including on projects like Batgirl

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, TMP said:

THR's reporting he'll be taking over duties as Batman in the DCEU moving forward, including on projects like Batgirl

Okay then... looks like they want Batgirl to be the primary Bat-themed hero in the Wonder Woman/Aquaman/Harley Quinn verse (while Battinson is in his own universe), with Keaton playing her mentor figure. *shrugs* Works for me. 

Edited by Spidey Freak
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

This movie sounds so fucking dumb that I think its the perfect movie for Andy Muschetti to direct.

What soft rock balled is gonna play when Reverse Flash pukes on Flash's mom or whatever?

7 minutes ago, TMP said:

Didn't somebody say he would have a Nick Fury role? Fury doesn't really do much action in the movies, so he'll probably just be sitting in a chair, giving gadgets and advice, maybe shoot a gun, and that's it. Sounds fine to me.

• Like 3

Keaton's maybe my favourite actor and Batman Returns is one of my favourite movies, so I can't pretend to be at all impartial here, but this seems like a good way to go a lot deeper into the Batman mythology to me. If the Batman movies keep rebooting to back when he started, we're never going to get to the Nightwing, Batgirl stuff. I'm not crazy at all about an Ezra Miller Flash movie, but I think this could be really cool in the long run. Keaton's Batman training Barbara Gordon sounds pretty great to me.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Eric Baggins said:

Didn't somebody say he would have a Nick Fury role? Fury doesn't really do much action in the movies, so he'll probably just be sitting in a chair, giving gadgets and advice, maybe shoot a gun, and that's it. Sounds fine to me.

And it's already been done with Bruce Wayne in Batman Beyond

8UHy.gif

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Arendelle Legion said:

We really gonna get two CBM multiverse movies in 2022? Guess last decade we were just warming up.

I forgot about spiderverse sequel here. 2022 is the multiverse extravaganza.