Neo

The Flash | June 16 2023 | Ezra Miller, Michael Keaton | We’re stoping the count at a Nice 69% RT (it’s 72% For Real) | Please Remember that Your Enjoyment Of The Film is Not Based On Others Opinions And To Be Nice To Each Other

Just now, Spidey Freak said:

And it's already been done with Bruce Wayne in Batman Beyond

8UHy.gif

I honestly felt like Pattinson would have been a good Terry back when he was in his 20s, but I guess it's too late now. Maybe it's time for a Beautiful Boy to become a Beautiful Bat.

4 minutes ago, Arendelle Legion said:

I forgot about spiderverse sequel here. 2022 is the multiverse extravaganza.

Hopefully the year superhero movies get so heavy with this multiverse stuff that they topple over themselves and destroy the populaity of the genre. Who knows, maybe this Flash movie will end up being the Heaven's Gate or the Doctor Dolittle of superhero movies.

Edited by lorddemaxus
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, Macleod said:

He is and always has been.  Even if these movies end up being shit, he has a long career to be very proud of, and at least a couple of gems post-Birdman (The Founder, etc.) 

This was kind of inevitable given the fan support for Keaton and continuous mult-versing out (now WB is trying to beat Marvel at the game again).  But I would have preferred to see a full-on BATMAN BEYOND film.  Oh well...a guy can dream. 

And announced within the same hour as Schumacher's passing?  ... 2020 continues to astound! 

Tnough Schumaker never directed Keaton as Batman. ...He came in after both Burton and Keaton left the franchise.

3 minutes ago, OncomingStorm93 said:

I love the idea of Keaton returning once, as a novelty, in The Flash, which can play with the multiverse.

Not so excited about Keaton sticking around.... Let's not run the great memories of Tim Burton's films into the ground.

yeah this is where i'm at with it. dragging the classic superhero movies into the current cinematic universe mess... is just a no from me.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, CoolioD1 said:

yeah this is where i'm at with it. dragging the classic superhero movies into the current cinematic universe mess... is just a no from me.

I just think that if they’re gonna do this, they might as well have not even bothered with the Matt Reeves/Robert Pattinson movies.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

Hopefully the year superhero movies get so heavy with this multiverse stuff that they topple over themselves and destroy the populaity of the genre. Who knows, maybe this Flash movie will end up being the Heaven's Gate or the Doctor Dolittle of superhero movies.

Hot take: it will be the other way around

Nowadays before the virus, what ruled cinema were superheroes and nostalgia. Now with combining these two, what could we possibly get at the box office? :ph34r:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, WittyUsername said:

I just think that if they’re gonna do this, they might as well have not even bothered with the Matt Reeves/Robert Pattinson movies.

I feel really bad for that movie now

First it was the Zack Snyder Justice League confirmed which will for sure contain more footage of Batfleck and regain interest in that version of the character, and now there’s this

11 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

Right? fortunately his movie is coming a year before Flash because this is a disrespect.

Literally no one asked for 3 Batmans in one year, not including series like Titans.

8 minutes ago, JGAR4LIFE said:

Hot take: it will be the other way around

Nowadays before the virus, what ruled cinema were superheroes and nostalgia. Now with combining these two, what could we possibly get at the box office? :ph34r:

Honestly if people really want superhero movies to go under, they better not also complain when movie theaters die. Marvel and DC (and also Disney) were the only things keeping theatrical distribution afloat, and we're not gonna magically see other movies gross 300M because there's no Avengers.

• Thanks 6

5 minutes ago, Eric Baggins said:

Honestly if people really want superhero movies to go under, they better not also complain when movie theaters die. Marvel and DC (and also Disney) were the only things keeping theatrical distribution afloat, and we're not gonna magically see other movies gross 300M because there's no Avengers.

actually in the 2020s i'm anticipating that road rage movies will rise up to become the #1 genre at the box office.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Knock It Off 1

5 minutes ago, belblazer said:

Right? fortunately his movie is coming a year before Flash because this is a disrespect.

Literally no one asked for 3 Batmans in one year, not including series like Titans.

I still remember when everyone was baffled by the announcement of a Joker standalone origin story. 

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

I still don’t understand the love for Batman Beyond.

"And you never will."  😎  It's cool.  If you're not into it by now, then it's just not your thing. 

29 minutes ago, dudalb said:

Though Schumaker never directed Keaton as Batman. ...He came in after both Burton and Keaton left the franchise.

Yeah, obviously... but it's a karmic thing.  Kind of fascinating with the timing of both of these going to press. 

26 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

Yeah, I bet Reeves right now is like...  sheesh.  Last year, no other Bat-prospects or interference.  This year, Snyder's JL-redux with more Batfleck gets approved...and now this. 

Edited by Macleod

batman beyond fills the gap in the market. there is no cyberpunk/futuristic superhero franchise out there right now, right? idk i'm just not eager for the matt reeves take it doesn't seem like anything new. and now we're wasting keaton by using him to boost interest in a flash movie nobody cares about. whatever it seems to be working in getting people's attention i guess

Edited by CoolioD1