Neo

The Flash | June 16 2023 | Ezra Miller, Michael Keaton | We’re stoping the count at a Nice 69% RT (it’s 72% For Real) | Please Remember that Your Enjoyment Of The Film is Not Based On Others Opinions And To Be Nice To Each Other

My own dream Batman Project would be a "Gotham By Gaslight" film..basically "What If Batman lived in the VIctorian era?" It has been one of DC's most popular "What If" series. 

Particulary the storyline where he meets Sherlock Holmes...

36 minutes ago, Eric Baggins said:

I honestly felt like Pattinson would have been a good Terry back when he was in his 20s, but I guess it's too late now. Maybe it's time for a Beautiful Boy to become a Beautiful Bat.

If he were to be in a funny book film than would frankly prefer him in a more edgier role like Red Hood/Jason Todd (maybe hellbent on exacting revenge against Keaton's Batman for not being able to save him during his Robin days?). If he's the antagonist in this KeatonBat-as-mentor Batgirl film, all the Reylo fans would come back like locusts for the Batgirl/Chalamet sexual tension. 

31 minutes ago, dudalb said:

My own dream Batman Project would be a "Gotham By Gaslight" film..basically "What If Batman lived in the VIctorian era?" It has been one of DC's most popular "What If" series. 

Particulary the storyline where he meets Sherlock Holmes...

This would be great for an HBOMax Limited Series, actually, a la Watchmen.  The black/white flashback episode of that is a great model for this.

not sure how this will go but keaton was a great batman but not so much as Bruce Wayne. At this point he will stick to Bruce Wayne part. So I am mixed how this will all work out. They would be better off using Keaton or Bale(sometime in future post Reeves trilogy) for Batman Beyond movie. 

I guess they are trying to set up Flash movie towards another Justice League movie but mostly it will be another disappointment. 

2 hours ago, TMP said:

The long-term planning for this decision is so strange. One of the issues with Affleck was his age, but you're realistically only gonna get... 5 more years out of Keaton? Why not get Clooney if you wanted to do legacy casting? You get a 10 year head-start at least.

I'm pretty sure they're just gonna give him a Tony Stark type ending or something when Keaton feels like he wants to retire.

I still think Flashpoint as a concept is too big for a introduction movie for Flash but Spider-Verse handled Miles' story well despite the craziness of that movie so maybe it'll work here. Just my gut feeling is that the Flash now seems to be the least interesting part of this film.

6 hours ago, WittyUsername said:

I just think that if they’re gonna do this, they might as well have not even bothered with the Matt Reeves/Robert Pattinson movies.

The Reeves film actually sounds good though

Introducing a multiverse to a mass audience, as the #s watching the CW shows is minimal by comparison (where the DCEU was confirmed as one of the worlds with Ezra Miller's cameo) think helps Reeves's The Batman being in a separate world. I do wonder if we'll see a scene from Miller's viewpoint meeting his CW counterpart.

Who knows. I could talking out of my a**. In the end, cannot wait to see Keaton in the role again. I suspect we'll see him the suit one time (his first scene re-introduction), otherwise he'll just be Bruce Wayne.

All of this CAN work, but Jesus, it needs a hell of a script. Back before BvS, I was arguing that the best route for DC to take - to avoid following the MCU formula, which would inevitably end up in negative comparisons - would be to tell Elseworlds stories. Have a core group of actors, but play around with continuity, via multiverse shenanigans and "what-if" scenarios.

This seems like it could be tying all the loose ends into that, and making it official and I want it to succeed, so fingers crossed. 

8 hours ago, JGAR4LIFE said:

There were rumors that he wants control over Catwoman and Poison Ivy, hence why we got Birds of Prey led by Harley rather than GCS

More like assumptions. Margot said several times she opted for BOP over GCS

• Like 1

I don't think the thinking is that Keaton is going to be a draw. They want a DCEU Batman now that Batfleck is out, but they don't want to compete or take attention away from Battinson. They need to establish a new DCEU Batman and do so without him having his own movie, and that's going to be a lot easier to pull off with Keaton, who everyone seems to at least like in the role. This way they can have a great actor in the role, not take any hype away from Battinson (a 70-year-old, probably retired/retiring mentor figure and a 30 something, newly-established Batman aren't really comparable) but can still market it as a Batman and Flash movie.

• Like 2

Let's not forget that Keaton back and muktiverse approach means that Bale CAN someday return if they somehow convince him. Maybe even Nolan's version of Robin. 

There's just a lot of options on the table with them doing this. Think that's what excites me the most. 

Also, the big one... Halle Berry's Catwoman!