Neo

The Flash | June 16 2023 | Ezra Miller, Michael Keaton | We’re stoping the count at a Nice 69% RT (it’s 72% For Real) | Please Remember that Your Enjoyment Of The Film is Not Based On Others Opinions And To Be Nice To Each Other

31 minutes ago, Arendelle Legion said:

Well, Bale is in Thor, so... if there’s teasing in a way which could just be that, it’s probably just that.

We already know Bale's in Thor 4 tho. No point in teasing that. It seems like they're teasing Batman but I have a hard time seeing him return.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

We already know Bale's in Thor 4 tho. No point in teasing that. It seems like they're teasing Batman but I have a hard time seeing him return.

Maybe this news is Bale dropping out of Thor 4?

• Astonished 1

3 hours ago, TMP said:

Maybe this news is Bale dropping out of Thor 4?

I have a hard time seeing him drop that role to do Batman again. But tbf, I didn't expect him to take another role in a superhero film in the first place (same with Keaton) so I guess it's possible.

Edited by lorddemaxus

40 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

I have a hard time seeing him drop that role to do Batman again. But tbf, I didn't expect him to take another role in a superhero film in the first place (same with Keaton) so I guess it's possible.

No, I meant they could just be teasing him dropping the role in Thor with no mention of Batman coming back

The “rumour” is if they can’t work out stuff  with Keaton they would try and get Bale but that seems highly unlikely(BS I think)

Another reason I say that is cause I was listening to part of a podcast with Tom King(writing the new gods movie) and apparently he has known about the Keaton thing for a while. This podcast just happened. He said he talked to someone way back at Baltimore comic con about the whole dc plan, and this rumour did not surprise him he says. 

link to podcast on Spotify https://open.spotify.com/episode/3BJKajl7sdPh29iqX6PwvR?si=GuaC8meDTUyJttVcq7mqLw

They start talking about it around the 7 minute mark. 

Edited by cax16
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, cax16 said:

The “rumour” is if they can’t work out stuff  with Keaton they would try and get Bale but that seems highly unlikely(BS I think)

Another reason I say that is cause I was listening to part of a podcast with Tom King(writing the new gods movie) and apparently he has known about the Keaton thing for a while. This podcast just happened. He said he talked to someone way back at Baltimore comic con about the whole dc plan, and this rumour did not surprise him he says. 

link to podcast on Spotify https://open.spotify.com/episode/3BJKajl7sdPh29iqX6PwvR?si=GuaC8meDTUyJttVcq7mqLw

Bale would be the first choice, Keaton would be the back up. So yeah BS

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, cax16 said:

If they can't get Keaton, I doubt they can get Bale. He would want an absurd amount of money for that job. But I hope they can get the Keaton deal done. The idea of older Keaton Batman in a Nick Fury type of role sounds very good to me! 

• Like 2

I think that if it's a multiverse, then every actor from a DC film in the past decades are a guess even with a cameo. The thing is that WB will put a budget restriction and we already know that there is no Amazons v Atlanteans planned. Maybe they just want Flash, Batman and Cyborg to not look like a mess like BvS.

What if they are planning a cinematic event like the Crisis on CW? Who knows if Keaton, Lynda Carter and Brandon Routh will be the trinity from Kingdom Come?

Edited by belblazer

I don’t care what actors from previous films and television shows they bring into their little multiverse, as long as they leave Nolan’s Batman universe out of it. Oh, and it would also be extremely stupid if they tried to shoehorn Joker into this multiverse, but I cannot imagine any kind of scenario where Joaquin Phoenix would agree to sign on to something like that. 

1 minute ago, Valonqar said:

I have a question. is this multi-verse thing planned for some time or  was it inspired by Simmons return to Spiderman (thus sparking rumors of multiverse with Tobey and maybe even Andrew)? 

The (awful) CW shows already established the multiverse years ago, and they did a crossover at the end of last year/beginning of this year where it was revealed that the Burtonverse and the DCEU are part of that multiverse. I’m assuming this was likely planned at least as soon as Muschietti signed on to direct. 

13 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

The (awful) CW shows already established the multiverse years ago, and they did a crossover at the end of last year/beginning of this year where it was revealed that the Burtonverse and the DCEU are part of that multiverse. I’m assuming this was likely planned at least as soon as Muschietti signed on to direct. 

I see. Thanks a lot! I was worried whether it was just another case of trying to do something overnight (like JL) but sounds like it isn't which is good.