CoolioD1

Armageddon Time | JAMES GRAY directs | October 28 (limited), November 4 (wide)

The journey this film has been on is fascinating.

1. Got hyped as an Oscar front runner from the festival going, synonym loving, Twitterati. It’s the next Big Thing. A masterpiece.
  2. Gets whacked by mainstream critics that call it another “white man spends 2 hours to find out racism = bad” story
  3. Get’s released Wide
  4. Absolutely no one sees it
  5. Likely gets relegated to the failed Oscar-bait trash heap of history

I saw this thing was available to stream today and I thought it was meant to release in cinemas in 2023. For a campaign to start out so strong only to lead to the film flying under everyone’s radar like this really says something about these instant hyperbolic festival reactions and ovations.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, AJG said:

The journey this film has been on is fascinating.

1. Got hyped as an Oscar front runner from the festival going, synonym loving, Twitterati. It’s the next Big Thing. A masterpiece.
  2. Gets whacked by mainstream critics that call it another “white man spends 2 hours to find out racism = bad” story
  3. Get’s released Wide
  4. Absolutely no one sees it
  5. Likely gets relegated to the failed Oscar-bait trash heap of history

I saw this thing was available to stream today and I thought it was meant to release in cinemas in 2023. For a campaign to start out so strong only to lead to the film flying under everyone’s radar like this really says something about these instant hyperbolic festival reactions and ovations.

The reason the movie failed is because it's not really a white man finds out racism = bad movie.

• Like 1