Safeno Rdz

Next Billion-Dollar Movie?

With the current release dates I reckon Jurassic World or Avatar 2 (possibly The Batman) are the most likely candidates. They're far back enough for when things may have returned to normalcy and people are ready to experience something that's the pure spectacle (with a little nostalgia thrown in).

It's likely quite a few of the 2021 films will get pushed back though and there's a few candidates in there. If they stay where they are I think they'll fall short of $1B

Being realistic I’m thinking we may never an opener above 200m again. It’s a big call but if we keep going down the path we are on we are losing a few theatres. Less theatres means less money. It all depends what survives either by buyout or luck to the other side now. 

• Like 1

I see a lot of votes for Eternals which confuses me. It cannot get 1B without China (more anticipated movies such as Civil War, CM and FFH didn't get there w/o China) and we know there will be explicit gay content (kiss) in it which China doesn't allow. So what does it mean? There won't be China release or Disney will remove the gay kiss for that market and other markets that object like they already did with some other movies? 

Edited by Valonqar