movies!movies!

Bullet Train | Sony | August 5, 2022 | Brad Pitt and a bunch of other people

On 1/9/2022 at 8:02 AM, babz06 said:

They should move this to august, July is too crowded. 

Yeah, i don't know why they moved it to July. Between Thor and Black Adam is a deadly date. August seems ideal for this movie. I suspect they'll move it if they wanna do some serious business. I wonder what the budget is

3 hours ago, Maggie said:

Yeah, i don't know why they moved it to July. Between Thor and Black Adam is a deadly date. August seems ideal for this movie. I suspect they'll move it if they wanna do some serious business. I wonder what the budget is

I believe it's somewhere in the $80m range, unconfirmed tho

Edited by Pinacolada

4 hours ago, Maggie said:

They're likely going for counterprogramming since the target audience for this is certain to be primarily adults, in particular men over 35. Top Gun 2 and Elvis are also being positioned as summer counterprograming for older audiences with their dates.

On 1/22/2022 at 8:36 PM, filmlover said:

They're likely going for counterprogramming since the target audience for this is certain to be primarily adults, in particular men over 35.

Really? To me it sounds like the primary audience could be young people. As someone on letterboxd says, film bros twitter will eat it up. and it would make sense why it's a july release.  when do schools start in the us? August?

Edited by Maggie

12 minutes ago, Maggie said:

Really? To me it sounds like the primary audience could be young people. As someone on letterboxd says, film bros twitter will eat it up. and it would make sense why it's a july release.  when do schools start in the us? August?

Yes. But back to your other question, a movie whose star is less than two years away from turning 60 is definitely going more for counterprogramming than expecting to compete with Marvel for box office power.

• Like 2