TMP

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Mutant Mayhem | August 2, 2023 | CG reboot produced by Seth Rogen produced

Donatello's voice is definitely a hell of a swing, that's for sure! The movie looks incredible though. The Spider-Verse style definitely fits this property. Hopefully this'll do a lot better than Sony's own failed live action franchise turned animated reboot Smurfs The Lost Village did.

Edited by BadOlCatSylvester

The animation style is very comic book like. The voices are younger than I thought but actually it does make sense as they are Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and not just Mutant Ninja Turtles. 

I do hope we're seeing a move towards CGI being more stylised, I think the technology has caught up that we can know experiment with the form. 

• Like 4

It's like Spider-verse, but it looks scratchier, more detailed, and less futuristic -- sharper than the softness of The Bad Guys --less painterly than Puss In Boots 2.

I'm so glad people are going ham with experimenting with this style.

• Like 3

Won't be as big as the 2014 "not Michael Bay" film (also... holy crap looking back, that was one hell of a box office run) but I think it will out-gross the 2016 seqel.

Could see 35/110M run. Looks fun!

• Like 1

The turtles sound young, I suppose, but Donatello sounds like a little too young for a teenager. I guess he’s supposed to be a late bloomer. Speaking of which, why do we keep giving Donatello glasses? I know he’s the smart one, but that doesn’t mean he has to look like a stereotypical nerd.