Jump to content
charlie Jatinder

Demon Slayer cross $500M Worldwide - Non-English Films Box Office Thread.

Recommended Posts

13 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

Common for non Hollywood films to reports grosses on Weekend and then week end.

Yeah. What’s not common is for the non Hollywood film to be winning the weekdays, so an exception would have been neat. Though I wasn’t exactly expecting one.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/24/2021 at 11:24 AM, charlie Jatinder said:

So no #1 in Colombia? :whosad:

Colombia is on full lockdown on weekends.

 

I saw it yesterday and every show but mine's was sold out at my closest theater. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, charlie Jatinder said:

I am expecting 70%+ drop for $6M weekend +/- $0.5M. $40-45M closing.

I'm thinking 60-65% drop $7.5-8.5M considering low competition, good reputation and added imax. In australia the 2nd weekend drop is 70% due to 2 new strong competitor raya and chaos walking, 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, frog said:

I'm thinking 60-65% drop $7.5-8.5M considering low competition, good reputation and added imax. In australia the 2nd weekend drop is 70% due to 2 new strong competitor raya and chaos walking, 

In Post COVID competition isnt really a factor, in fact films are getting more shows than they could have gotten originally and retaining more as well.

 

It's simple fact that these films have a niche audience which gets burned in first week, so drops are more. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, charlie Jatinder said:

In Post COVID competition isnt really a factor, in fact films are getting more shows than they could have gotten originally and retaining more as well.

 

It's simple fact that these films have a niche audience which gets burned in first week, so drops are more. 

In australia before covid Dragon ball: Broly drop 85% 2nd weekend, while DS drop 70% after covid, maybe we can assume DS do better at retaining than other anime films

Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, frog said:

In australia before covid Dragon ball: Broly drop 85% 2nd weekend, while DS drop 70% after covid, maybe we can assume DS do better at retaining than other anime films

Dragon Broly released on a holiday weekend in Australia and in USA Broly drop was in spirit 85%. DS 70% will be better than usual.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Demon Slayer: Mugen Train grossed $8M globally during the weekend, taking its total to $474.5M. Will start releasing in European mkts later in May. Top plays so far:


Japan - $380.85M

USA - $34.1M

Taiwan - $22.3M

Korea - $16.3M

Thailand - $4.2M

Hong Kong - $4.1M

Australia - $3.3M

Edited by charlie Jatinder
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Worldwide $474,930,500 ¥49,851,475,000

 

Asia $432,808,000 ¥43,703,175,000
Country Gross in $ Gross in ¥
Japan $380,850,000 ¥39,853,000,000
Taiwan $22,270,000 ¥2,322,000,000
South Korea $16,288,000 ¥1,749,000,000
Thailand $4,200,000 ¥436,800,000
Hong Kong $4,100,000 ¥412,775,000
Singapore $1,900,000 ¥198,550,000
Malaysia $1,200,000 ¥126,000,000
Indonesia $1,000,000 ¥105,000,000
Vietnam $800,000 ¥83,250,000
Rest of Asia $200,000 ¥20,800,000

 

America $37,165,000 ¥4,013,895,000
Country Gross in $ Gross in ¥
North America $34,150,000 ¥3,688,200,000
Mexico $2,290,000 ¥247,320,000
Argentina $115,000 ¥12,420,000
Colombia $60,000 ¥6,480,000
Central America $475,000 ¥51,300,000
Rest of LATAM $75,000 ¥8,175,000

 

Oceania $3,795,000 ¥406,065,000
Country Gross in $ Gross in ¥
Australia $3,260,000 ¥348,820,000
New Zealand $535,000 ¥57,245,000

 

Europe and Africa $1,150,500 ¥124,340,000
Country Gross in $ Gross in ¥
Spain $1,070,000 ¥115,560,000
Edited by charlie Jatinder
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, charlie Jatinder said:

Worldwide $474,930,500 ¥49,851,475,000

 

Asia $432,808,000 ¥43,703,175,000
Country Gross in $ Gross in ¥
Japan $380,850,000 ¥39,853,000,000
Taiwan $22,270,000 ¥2,322,000,000
South Korea $16,288,000 ¥1,749,000,000
Thailand $4,200,000 ¥436,800,000
Hong Kong $4,100,000 ¥412,775,000
Singapore $1,900,000 ¥198,550,000
Malaysia $1,200,000 ¥126,000,000
Indonesia $1,000,000 ¥105,000,000
Vietnam $800,000 ¥83,250,000
Rest of Asia $200,000 ¥20,800,000

 

America $37,165,000 ¥4,013,895,000
Country Gross in $ Gross in ¥
North America $34,150,000 ¥3,688,200,000
Mexico $2,290,000 ¥247,320,000
Argentina $115,000 ¥12,420,000
Colombia $60,000 ¥6,480,000
Central America $475,000 ¥51,300,000
Rest of LATAM $75,000 ¥8,175,000

 

Oceania $3,795,000 ¥406,065,000
Country Gross in $ Gross in ¥
Australia $3,260,000 ¥348,820,000
New Zealand $535,000 ¥57,245,000

 

Europe and Africa $1,150,500 ¥124,340,000
Country Gross in $ Gross in ¥
Spain $1,070,000 ¥115,560,000

I saw this official graph says in argentina DS 15586 admissions = 5076435 peso, so the average ticket price is 325 peso, if total admission is 21000, the total gross would be 6,825,000 peso, around 72837 USD

http://tiebapic.baidu.com/forum/w%3D580/sign=96a01eca37a446237ecaa56aa8237246/73e9b24543a98226347e4f979d82b9014b90ebf5.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, frog said:

I saw this official graph says in argentina DS 15586 admissions = 5076435 peso, so the average ticket price is 325 peso, if total admission is 21000, the total gross would be 6,825,000 peso, around 72837 USD

http://tiebapic.baidu.com/forum/w%3D580/sign=96a01eca37a446237ecaa56aa8237246/73e9b24543a98226347e4f979d82b9014b90ebf5.jpg

tickets in Argentina are 500-600 for DS. 

Though pic you shared seems like is reporting actual gross as well but 325 ATP seems unlikely as tickets were priced 600 in most places.

Edited by charlie Jatinder
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

tickets in Argentina are 500-600 for DS. 

Though pic you shared seems like is reporting actual gross as well but 325 ATP seems unlikely as tickets were priced 600 in most places.

Okay, understand

Link to post
Share on other sites

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr"><a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/DemonSlayer?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#DemonSlayer</a>: <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/MugenTrain?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#MugenTrain</a> has crossed ¥50B worldwide becoming the first Japanese film to do so. No Japanese film has even crossed ¥40B without releasing in China, with <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/SpiritedAway?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#SpiritedAway</a> grossing ¥47B including ¥7.6B in China.</p>&mdash; charlie Jatinder (@meJat32) <a href="https://twitter.com/meJat32/status/1389763151151857668?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">May 5, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.




×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Guidelines. Feel free to read our Privacy Policy as well.