Eric Atreides

Star Wars: The Bad Batch | Disney+ | Final Season premieres February 21st!

https://deadline.com/2020/07/star-wars-the-bad-batch-new-animated-series-ordered-by-disney-1202984190/

Disney+ has ordered the next Lucasfilm animated series, Star Wars: The Bad Batch with a premiere set for 2021.

Clone Wars architect and The Mandalorian EP and director Dave Filoni will return for Bad Batch as EP, alongside Athena Portillo (Star Wars: The Clone Wars, Star Wars Rebels), Brad Rau (Star Wars Rebels, Star Wars Resistance) and Jennifer Corbett (Star Wars Resistance, NCIS) with Carrie Beck (The Mandalorian, Star Wars Rebels) as co-executive producer and Josh Rimes as producer (Star Wars Resistance). Rau is also serving as supervising director with Corbett as head writer.

The series follows the elite and experimental clones of the Bad Batch (first introduced in The Clone Wars) as they find their way in a rapidly changing galaxy in the immediate aftermath of the Clone War. Members of Bad Batch – a unique squad of clones who vary genetically from their brothers in the Clone Army — each possess a singular exceptional skill which makes them extraordinarily effective soldiers and a formidable crew. In the post-Clone War era, they will take on daring mercenary missions as they struggle to stay afloat and find new purpose.

star-wars-the-bad-batch-logo.jpg?w=681&h

• Like 1
  • Astonished 1

1 hour ago, 4815162342 said:

@Porthos

Surprised this is the next thing as opposed to a Rebels follow up

Just woke up so I haven't had a chance to wade through SW Twitter, but I wonder if any of the TCW scripts will be repurposed for this.  There's that Kashyyyk arc for one,  Maybe some of the other arc can be repurposed as well.

Rumors about Yuuzhan Vong in three... two... :ph34r:

====

EDIT:::

Ah, wait I see.  This is set post Order 66, so never mind.  I glossed over that bit as I wasn't fully awake yet.  So almost certainly not then.

Edited by Porthos

27 minutes ago, Porthos said:

Deleted my joke here as I didn't realize this was post Order 66.

Shame.  Always room for a good From a Certain PoV joke. 

If they go with the Vong, they chose wrong

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Menor said:

Animation looks absolutely stunning. This may have just rocketed up to my most anticipated Star Wars content. 

Really does look to be TCW, season 8.

Wonder how many unused scripts/story ideas are gonna be repurposed, if any.

1 minute ago, Porthos said:

Really does look to be TCW, season 8.

Wonder how many unused scripts/story ideas are gonna be repurposed, if any.

Most would be hard, but I think that "Top Gun"/Rex and R2 arc that was planned would be a good candidate. 

Edited by Menor
  • Like 1

One thing the show seems to be tackling is how the Republic transformed to the Empire which is something we haven't really seen in visual media (haven't read the Vader comics but I assume they address it there). 

Even in Fallen Order which is only 5 or so years after ROTS the iconography of the Empire is well established.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Darth Lehnsherr said:

I will say I feel slightly bad for Rebels seeing the animation quality go from S7 of TCW and Bad Batch to Rebels which was good animation quality for Disney XD standards but makes me wish a little bit that it got a Disney+ budget.

Yeah but they didn’t cut corners on the season finale, and that’s the big episode. That one’s beautiful. That’s probably the one most people are watching, without getting into spoilers

• Like 1

Eric already posted in the D+ thread, but might as well put it here as well:

Starts on May 4th, continues on Fridays starting on the the 7th.  If there is info about how many episodes there will be, I haven't seen it yet.

• Like 1