Eric Atreides

Star Wars: The Bad Batch | Disney+ | Final Season premieres February 21st!

57 minutes ago, Porthos said:

Eric already posted in the D+ thread, but might as well put it here as well:

Starts on May 4th, continues on Fridays starting on the the 7th.  If there is info about how many episodes there will be, I haven't seen it yet.

Will be interesting where they put Loki then as it supposedly was going to start releasing in May as well. Good to finally have a release date.

Edit: Nvm saw Loki is June. Still though there's gonns be some overlap with their releases

Edited by Darth Lehnsherr

1 hour ago, Eric #TeamKong said:

Apparently the first episode is 70 minutes long. BAH GAWD

So there IS only six episodes then. :ph34r:

*checks*

BWHAHHAAHAHA.  They still aren't saying how many episodes there are, near as I can tell. :hahaha:

THE BAD BATCH // FEBRUARY 24, 2021

STAR WARS: THE BAD BATCH WILL COME TO DISNEY+ ON MAY THE 4TH

THE ADVENTURES OF CLONE FORCE 99 BEGIN THIS STAR WARS DAY!

The Bad Batch’s next mission is about to begin.

Lucasfilm and The Walt Disney Company announced today that Star Wars: The Bad Batch — the next Star Wars animated series – will debut on May the 4th, a.k.a Star Wars Day, exclusively on Disney+, with the second episode premiering on Friday, May 7. Subsequent episodes will premiere on Fridays. The series follows the elite and experimental troopers of Clone Force 99 (first introduced in Star Wars: The Clone Wars) as they find their way in a rapidly changing galaxy in the immediate aftermath of the Clone War. Members of Bad Batch, as they prefer to be called — a unique squad of clones who vary genetically from their brothers in the Clone Army — each possess a singular exceptional skill, which makes them extraordinarily effective soldiers and a formidable crew. 

The Bad Batch

Star Wars: The Bad Batch is executive produced by Dave Filoni (The Mandalorian, Star Wars: The Clone Wars), Athena Portillo (Star Wars: The Clone Wars, Star Wars Rebels), Brad Rau (Star Wars Rebels, Star Wars Resistance) and Jennifer Corbett (Star Wars Resistance, NCIS) with Carrie Beck (The Mandalorian, Star Wars Rebels) as co-executive producer and Josh Rimes as producer (Star Wars Resistance). Rau is also serving as supervising director with Corbett as head writer.

More seriously, is gonna be a second episode on May 7th, everyone.

Gonna look about and see if anyone has official word on how many eppies there are. 

13 minutes ago, Cap said:

My favorite part is how they're like THE STUDIO THAT BROUGHT YOU CLONE WARS.  Good.  Good.  Only acknowledge the good Star Wars.

A certain meme/analogy about pizza comes to mind right about now. :ph34r:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Cap said:

My favorite part is how they're like THE STUDIO THAT BROUGHT YOU CLONE WARS.  Good.  Good.  Only acknowledge the good Star Wars.

Well, everything is good Star Wars from some fan's point of view. I'd prefer it if Lucasfilm didn't "pick sides" between different parts of the franchise, regardless of my personal opinion of some works. But I don't think this is an example of that, it's just because the Bad Batch are from TCW. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Menor said:

Well, everything is good Star Wars from some fan's point of view. I'd prefer it if Lucasfilm didn't "pick sides" between different parts of the franchise, regardless of my personal opinion of some works. But I don't think this is an example of that, it's just because the Bad Batch are from TCW. 

Not that Cap was being particularly serious, but I personally was going for the "even when it's bad, it's pretty good" joke/meme counter-response. ;)

Edited by Porthos
  • Haha 1

@Menor @Porthos

/drops character for a moment

(in one breath) Star Wars is the most important blockbuster of all time, and George Lucas is a genius that created a fundamentally excellent film full of whimsy  and imagination.

/continues regularly scheduled programming:

PREQUEL/CLONE WARS RIGHTS ONLY

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, WandaLegion said:

Getting like 90 minutes in the first week is a treat.  

It does also mean a real possibility of ending before Loki premiers.

A-yep.  That and it shifting to a Friday release schedule. 

One thing that is good, however, is the implication of TCW-style arcs/groupings as a 70 minute premiere dovetails nicely with 3 23min episodes. Somewhat similar to what happened when TCW premiered when they stitched together the episode introducing Ahsoka Tano + the three episode Rotta the Hutt arc for the TCW movie.

Perhaps the most "hopeful" sign though is the introduction of Omega (the young clone seen during the trailer).  While in someways they look to be a pretty obvious "gateway character"/Watson type role, also could mean future seasons if Omega has a larger character arc in store ala Ahsoka Tano.

*thinks*

*checks Google*

Good God, THAT theory didn't take long to get out into the wild, did it? :hahaha:

(Just guess folks :ph34r:)

Edited by Porthos

Who would have thought that Saw would became a major link after Clone Wars initially ended. 

Animation looks even better than in S7 and the Omega kid is a curious development. Maybe the first experiment the Kaminoans did to changer gender? 

I bet the 70 mins premiere is when the end of the Clone Wars happens with Order 66 and ends with the Bad Batch on the run. Funny enough my least excited part of the show is the Bad Batch characters themselves but hopefully more time will give them deeper characterisation.

Edited by Darth Lehnsherr
  • Like 2

Initial reaction back in December was "Meh", mostly because of the unappealing chara design of the guys....but then I've been pretty impressed with that new trailer, there's been some progress in terms of animation so I'll probably give it a go this summer :)

• Like 1

In today’s ep of Full of Sith Podcast, Kevin Kiner is interviewed. He mentions at one point that he has just finished scoring episode 14 of the series. I think this is fair evidence that season 1 will be at least 14 eps! Also he seems very excited for a new unspecified character, who he thinks will be very prominent and beloved in the years to come (perhaps Omega??). Link: https://podcasts.google.com?feed=aHR0cDovL3d3dy50aGFtaWtlLmNvbS9mdWxsb2ZzaXRoL2Zvc3htbC54bWw%3D&episode=NTk4OWYwYmUtOTgxNS00YWYyLWIxMzYtZDMxNTEzMGUwODU1

(from r/StarWarsLeaks)

giphy.gif

Edited by Porthos
  • Like 1

(even if "episode 14" is episode x of a possible season two, the gif response still applies :ph34r:)

EDITED:::

It's at around the 43:55 mark of the podcast.

Kevin Kiner: "Let's see, I'm working on episode 14 now —— I hope I can say that (I think I can)."

Edited by Porthos

27 minutes ago, Porthos said:

(even if "episode 14" is episode x of a possible season two, the gif response still applies :ph34r:)

EDITED:::

It's at around the 43:55 mark of the podcast.

Kevin Kiner: "Let's see, I'm working on episode 14 now —— I hope I can say that (I think I can)."

I expected much less, and considering the length of Episode 1 it's gonna be pretty meaty.

What's interesting here is that it would mean a SW show and a Marvel show (Loki) would air at the same time for the first time ever and on the same day...it's an important step ahead for Disney as they can keep both audiences engaged and subscribed at the same time for the 1st time, likely a glimpse of what will be fairly common in the future as it's probably their goal to make it permanent.

Edited by Fullbuster
  • Like 2

Nice!

I doubt they’ll overlap Bad Batch and WhatIf though, with both being animated. But might transition right from one into the other with that kind of episode count.

Edited by WandaLegion
  • Like 2