Eric Atreides

Star Wars: The Bad Batch | Disney+ | Final Season premieres February 21st!

20 minutes ago, WandaLegion said:

Nice!

I doubt they’ll overlap Bad Batch and WhatIf though, with both being animated. But might transition right from one into the other with that kind of episode count.

I was thinking along the same lines.  Sorta dual track system for this year where there is new animated content even when there is a new live action release.

For SW, also have Visions and possibly A Droid Story sometime this year.

Depending on how episodes are grouped (is the first episode one episode or three), it could go:

The Bad Batch (Early May - Mid July) (14+ episodes)

What If            (Late July - Late September) (10 episodes according to Wikipedia)

Visions            (Late September - ) (who the heck knows how they'll be released)

I'm pegging Visions as late September, possibly early October due to the tie-in novel coming out on Oct 12th.  While it isn't inconceivable that novel comes out before the actual series/event that it is tied in to, it's not something I'm personally expecting.

Edited by Porthos

17 minutes ago, WandaLegion said:

Nice!

I doubt they’ll overlap Bad Batch and WhatIf though, with both being animated. But might transition right from one into the other with that kind of episode count.

I don't think What If will happen so early this summer as Loki will still be going in July, Bad Batch will be over by then.

I wonder if it'll be over before Monsters At Work starts as it'll be theitr next big animated stuff on July 2. If Bad Batch starts with 3 eisodes on Week 1 and a 2-episode finale or even 3-episode finale it should stop at the right moment.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Porthos said:

I was thinking along the same lines.  Sorta dual track system for this year where there is new animated content even when there is a new live action release.

For SW, also have Visions and possibly A Droid Story sometime this year.

Depending on how episodes are grouped, it could go:

The Bad Batch (Early May - Mid July) (14+ episodes)

What If            (Late July - Late September) (10 episodes according to Wikipedia)

Visions            (Late September - ) (who the heck knows how they'll be released)

I'm pegging Visions as late September, possibly early October due to the tie-in novel coming out on Oct 12th.  While it isn't inconceivable that novel comes out before the actual series/event that it is tied in to, it's not something I'm personally expecting.

I think you might have to include Monsters At Work in your calculus, that's their big Pixar stuff after all and the sequel to a beloved classic so I think they want to give this a serious chance.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Fullbuster said:

I don't think What If will happen so early this summer as Loki will still be going in July, Bad Batch will be over by then.

I wonder if it'll be over before Monsters At Work starts as it'll be theitr next big animated stuff on July 2. If Bad Batch starts with 3 eisodes on Week 1 and a 2-episode finale or even 3-episode finale it should stop at the right moment.

Could be four episodes the first week as there is the 70m episode on the 4th, followed by another episode of unknown length on the 7th (Friday, it's normal debut slot).

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Fullbuster said:

I think you might have to include Monsters At Work in your calculus, that's their big Pixar stuff after all and the sequel to a beloved classic so I think they want to give this a serious chance.

Yeah, didn't know when Monsters at Work was airing just that What If...?  was "mid-2021" according to the ever-reliable Wikipedia.

With that factored in, overlap between animation projects is almost assured at some point this year, no matter how they're bunched/dropped.  Though I do think there is some distinction between Marvel/Star Wars and, say, Pixar projects when it comes to scheduling.

Edited by Porthos
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Porthos said:

Could be four episodes the first week as there is the 70m episode on the 4th, followed by another episode of unknown length on the 7th (Friday, it's normal debut slot).

That's a lot, SW fans are gonna eat aha, and I guess they want to give this the best possible start...I hope it'll do well and we get more SW/Marvel animation, it'd boost the whole animation industry within Disney+ so it's also a win for Disney/Pixar stuff lovers.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Porthos said:

Yeah, didn't know when Monsters at Work was airing just that What If...?  was "mid-2021" according to the ever-reliable Wikipedia.

With that factored in, overlap between animation projects is almost assured at some point this year, no matter how they're bunched/dropped.  Though I do think there is some distinction between Marvel/Star Wars and, say, Pixar projects when it comes to scheduling.

Once again we're back to the matter of "Should everyone air on Friday"? Having stuff on Friday and others on Tuesday would basically solve the issue of overlapping shows while giving more Disney+ activity, exposure and social media talks during the week.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Fullbuster said:

Even if bad batch starts with 4 in one week, ep 14 would be mid July. For now I’d say Bad batch and Loki likely end July with WhatIf late July/early Aug.   

Pixar is a bit of a different track, even if it’s animated.

• Like 2

Didn't even think to check this, but after a stray comment from SWLeaks, I took a gander at the metrics for the final trailer for Bad Batch:

2.03m views 104k up 8.7k down

as of this post.

Given how... squirrelly SW YT raters can be (see, in reference any The High Republic promo material, especially post-Carano firing), I think that's pretty good.  Especially since there is an undercurrent of "no one asked for this" in some quarters around the web.

Views aren't anything to write home about (though how it compares to other non-Marvel non-Live Action SW Disney+ properties, I have no idea), but I was rather impressed with the like/dislike ratio.

• Like 1

I don’t know anything about SW animated context off the top of my head, but:

TCW S7: 7M view, +287k, -4k (72:1)

Rebels S4: 2.3M view, +39k, -903 (43:1)

the ratio actually seems rather poor to me for a YT trailer (something in the 20x-100x range seems more typical). However, I wouldn’t pay much attention to the ratio personally. The raw like number looks fine-if-nothing-crazy.

Edited by WandaLegion
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, Porthos said:

Didn't even think to check this, but after a stray comment from SWLeaks, I took a gander at the metrics for the final trailer for Bad Batch:

2.03m views 104k up 8.7k down

as of this post.

Given how... squirrelly SW YT raters can be (see, in reference any The High Republic promo material, especially post-Carano firing), I think that's pretty good.  Especially since there is an undercurrent of "no one asked for this" in some quarters around the web.

15 hours ago, WandaLegion said:

I don’t know anything about SW animated context off the top of my head, but:

TCW S7: 7M view, +287k, -4k (72:1)

Rebels S4: 2.3M view, +39k, -903 (43:1)

the ratio actually seems rather poor to me for a YT trailer (something in the 20x-100x range seems more typical). However, I wouldn’t pay much attention to the ratio personally. The raw like number looks fine-if-nothing-crazy.

Views aren't anything to write home about (though how it compares to other non-Marvel non-Live Action SW Disney+ properties, I have no idea), but I was rather impressed with the like/dislike ratio.

The fact it's gonna come to a Disney+ that will have much more subs and after the end of Falcon means The Bad Batch will probably get a fair shot in terms of audience, there won't be any competition and it should make the SW fans on the platform happy given Mandalorian ended in December. I expect it to do well for an animated series as long as quality is there.

• Like 1

Run times and episode titles/descriptions for the first two episodes have leaked.  Allegedly:

https://old.reddit.com/r/StarWarsLeaks/comments/mzukjo/the_bad_batch_episode_1_2_runtimes_and/

Ep 1: 75m

Ep 2: 31m

Episode 2 is somewhat spoily in title and description, BTW. Or at least has a decent likelihood of being spoily. So be aware before clicking the reddit link.

Now since it's taken from an alleged screenshot within the Disney Plus app itself that would include the credits and the D+ translation credits, so chop off a few minutes on each.  Still, good to see that the "normal" episodes are as long or longer than TCW S7 (which ranged from 21m to 31m).

=====

EDITED::::

As I take a closer look at that screenshot, I wonder if it is indeed faked.  The format of the episode titles doesn't seem to match other D+ content.

Hmmmm...

StarWarsLeaks seems to collectively think it is real, but that comma after "Episode x" is throwing me off.

Find out soon enough.

(there's a reason I peppered my initial post with 'allegedly's :))

SECOND EDIT:

Then again, there doesn't seem to be much consistency between episode number formatting through D+ titles as I check TCW S7, Mando, WV, and TFatWS, so...  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

LAST EDIT::::

Rating of "6+" is hella weird as well.  Means it's rated for a non-US territory, and I can't match the usage of "6+" to any country that currently has Disney Plus.    Not familiar with all the ins and outs of TV ratings in other countries, naturally.

But, kinda sus at the moment. 😕 

Edited by Porthos
  • Like 4

8 hours ago, Porthos said:

Run times and episode titles/descriptions for the first two episodes have leaked.  Allegedly:

https://old.reddit.com/r/StarWarsLeaks/comments/mzukjo/the_bad_batch_episode_1_2_runtimes_and/

Ep 1: 75m

Ep 2: 31m

This is getting out of hand, now there are two three of them.

(Originally from KRT, it seems)

Edited by Porthos