The Wild Eric

Disney+ | MARVEL STUDIOS PRESENTS A KEVIN FEIGE PRODUCTION: ROGERS THE MUSICAL (Featuring HAWKEYE) | November 24, 2021

6 minutes ago, Product Driven Legion said:

I think widely liked here+Jat hates it :hahaha:   
Pre-finale eps are I will say a dead tie with WV, so it’ll be finale vs finale.

Ok yeah you’re right, looking through a little more closely at some posts it’s well liked. Don’t know what’s wrong with Charlie :hahaha:

I think this has been fine so far, nothing more. I really liked the first two episodes, but it kind of feels like it’s just been treading water for the last three. Hailee Steinfeld has been great though, and Renner added some much needed character development to Hawkeye, it just feels like it could’ve been 4 episodes rather than stretching it to 6.

At the moment, it’s ranked third for me behind WV and Loki.

• Like 1

It's been "ok" (fairly entertaining but below average by MCU standards) for me, but will probably be below WhatIf, FATWS, and WV in the end unless the finale is seriously great. Main issue is that the story feels very throwaway. We still don't even know what that watch thing does, and that is supposedly at the center of this whole mess. 

Edited by Menor
  • Like 1

Despite Renner doing everything in his power to kill my joy, this is the best thing Marvel’s put out in Phase 4. That finale nailed it. So fun. So funny. Everyone got their little moments to shine. Best after credit ever. And an elevator scene worthy of a Captain America movie. Bring in the Young Avengers. Let’s GOOOOOOO

A bit rushed unfortunately but it does wrap up the plotlines while not betraying or being different from what the show established tone or scale wise. Will stew on it but for now it's definitely my favourite Disney+ show and can't wait for Echo too.

Please next time have a longer season 

Spoiler

Lol at Kingpin's death which is totally a fake out. Though if on the off chance he did actually die it would amuse me more than anger me.

But the performance was great felt like Daredevil didn't end

• Like 1

Just like with TFATWS, I am just gonna pretend this never happened and just move to accept characters being introduced to their next movie.

The biggest problem with the MCU shows except Wandavision (and Loki to large extent) is that I didn't felt any flow through everything that happens in the story. They tries to act like a series, but are basically a movie cut into episodes and just wrapping everything up in finale.

The story choices mostly feel dumb.

Spoiler

e.g. Yelena in this show had zero purpose. Literally zero. Her cause of being in the show (I know it was to meet Kate Bishop), to avenge Natasha is dumb and then the show doesn't do anything solid to settle that. Hawkeye straight up tells what happened, and it's surprising if the whole world doesn't know how Natasha sacrificed herself. But Yelena said she don't trust him. Ok fair enough. Except yeah Hawkeye knows a whistle and she gets all cool down and trust him. HOW IS THAT A VALID REASON. FFS.

Spoiler

And then Kingpin in show. The fuck. His whole thing in finale is BS. I haven't seen Daredevil completely, only 5-6 episodes. Now see that's a series. It has a follow. It has interesting situation. Interesting character. Great flow of story.

Also is like Daredevil canon now? NO WAY HOME SPOILERS AHEAD.

Spoiler

Am warning you.

Spoiler

Considering Cox appeared in NWH, or are we gonna go the route that Daredevil show is in some other universe with same people being characters. I am fine with that. No Issues.

Marvel should plan the shows better. They have been absolute shit so far except first 6 episodes of Wandavision which were AWESOME.

Also

0/10

• Haha 2

Spoiler

Yelena's purpose is to physically embody Clint's past coming back to haunt him that he needs to resolve that part of his life before fully moving on with his life.

It was too rushed the resolution but my takeaway is that Yelena ultimately wasn't angry at Clint just for killing Natasha but angry at herself for being blipped and not being there to save or stop her. 

Clint's whistling for me was finally to reminder her that the memory of Natasha lives on in the people she impacted which allows Yelena to finally start the process of processing the loss.

Again rushed but I get what they were going for.

• Like 4

I guess this was best finale, but maybe better said as least worst finale. I think last 4 shows are all bottom 15 for me despite this starting quite strong. Pretty stumbling start on TV side after WV showed good promise — gotta pick things up in 2022.