Eric Atreides

Disney+ | MARVEL STUDIOS PRESENTS A KEVIN FEIGE PRODUCTION: ROGERS THE MUSICAL (Featuring HAWKEYE) | November 24, 2021

1 hour ago, eddyxx said:

Feige sticking these 1 hour shows to just 6 episodes was very short sighted. Even 8 episodes instead of 6 would’ve fixed a lot of pacing issues.

I bet Feige would love 8 instead, but he doesn't have a *complete* blank check. We've already got like 1200 minutes of live action this year -- I think 1600 would have dramatically improved quality via pace but it is a 33% higher spend for higher ups to approve sight unseen.

Edited by Product Driven Legion

On 11/25/2021 at 7:47 PM, Krissykins said:

Loved the first two episodes. Already better than the entirety of the other MCU shows, IMO. 

It should be called Kate Bishop though, Hailee is stealing the whole show already. 

I have a theory about Vera Farmiga’s character: 

Reveal hidden contents

Called it in episode 1 lol

Yesterday's episode was excellent. Although I’m worried they’ll have a lot to tie up as there are only two left. 

The directors aren’t the best with the action or filming the fight choreography though.

Edited by Krissykins

The "should've gotten more episodes" complaints I find fascinating when you have other folks who think this is a 2 hour movie stretched out for a series run. To be fair with the latter complaint, I can see a usual MCU-length movie be done with this material (remember my complaint about the last episode feeling like a filler/wheels-spinning deal that you get on these spandex shows, the CW and Netflix shows specifically always were stuck dealing with this issue.)

We have two episodes left so we'll see how it ends, but so far this has an edge over TF&TWS in that we don't have a Flag Smashers situation where alot of time is spent on characters that somehow still don't feel fleshed out and give an impression of muddled politics. Other than Echo, this has been the Clint/Kate show so far and that's been wise. Again we have two episodes left and I think I have a clear idea of how it'll end (which isn't necessarily a complaint, its all about execution.)

Oddly the best paced show (oh boy here's a controversial take) so far of the MCU 2021 stock was What If...?, if only because it had a half hour or so to do their business much like those comics had one-issue to wham bam thank you ma'am. Sure some one could argue could've been even better with more stuff to flesh out those scenarios, but OTOH (1) that T'Challa Star-Lord episode felt fully realized while sufficient in that runtime and (2) "Zombies" would've still been mindless* even if it was a hour long. God I hated that episode.

*=And we're getting a series of that because, people like that damn Marvel Zombies property. I think I'll skip that show. 

3 hours ago, Product Driven Legion said:

I bet Feige would love 8 instead, but he doesn't have a *complete* blank check. We've already got like 1200 minutes of live action this year -- I think 1600 would have dramatically improved quality via pace but it is a 33% higher spend for higher ups to approve sight unseen.

Can reduce show frequency tbh. Would rather have fewer, more satisfying shows.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Menor said:

Can reduce show frequency tbh. Would rather have fewer, more satisfying shows.

I’d rather have 3 well paced 8 eps than 4 poorly paced 6 eps I guess, but the actual ideal here is 4 well paced 6 eps imo.

20 hours ago, Krissykins said:

Called it in episode 1 lol

Yesterday's episode was excellent. Although I’m worried they’ll have a lot to tie up as there are only two left. 

The directors aren’t the best with the action or filming the fight choreography though.

I thought the action scenes here are filmed

way better than Loki’s which I forgave because the plot and character work were stellar.

Ironically FATWS is worst show but probably the most cinematic fight scenes so far.

Edited by eddyxx

I'm actually so sad this is ending next week cause every plot point in the show is so interesting from Clint's reckoning of the past to Kate's continued quest to be a hero to Yelena and her mission to Maya and her want for vengeance. I honestly don't know how they wrap it all up unless they save some of it for the Echo show which makes sense. Fingers cross thus sticks the landing somewhat cause if so it'll be my favourite Disney+ show.

Spoiler

Let's just say I'm glad I finished rewatching a certain show today for this week

Pugh in this episode made me wish BW did better because she would've killed in those sequels as her franchise vehicle. But alas...

Who else caught that NWH easter egg?

And yes that one thing the Internet wouldn't shut up regarding this show finally happened. Yes, I marked out too so I can't complain. 

11 minutes ago, Darth Lehnsherr said:

I'm actually so sad this is ending next week cause every plot point in the show is so interesting from Clint's reckoning of the past to Kate's continued quest to be a hero to Yelena and her mission to Maya and her want for vengeance. I honestly don't know how they wrap it all up unless they save some of it for the Echo show which makes sense. Fingers cross thus sticks the landing somewhat cause if so it'll be my favourite Disney+ show.

Hide contents

Let's just say I'm glad I finished rewatching a certain show today for this week

For better or worse this will wrap up broadly what I expected. The you know who is a red herring, set up for future appearances. I wonder how much more Echo we'll get in this show since they've already started her inevitable thread that'll assumingly fuel her show. This might be another finale that underwhelms people. 

17 minutes ago, RRA said:

Pugh in this episode made me wish BW did better because she would've killed in those sequels as her franchise vehicle. But alas...

BW easily did well enough that sequel plans are unaffected. Expect to see a lot more of Pugh in the MCU this decade.

• Like 1

Bleh. Villain reveal was obvious, Yelena's motivations make little sense, and the entire plot still feels muddled and lame. This show is at its best when the dynamic duo is together and we didn't get much of that in this episode. Yelena was fun, of course, but just feels out of place. Barring a surprisingly good finale, will end up pretty low on my MCU ranking. 

Edited by Menor

I am definitely in the slim minority but I did not like Yelena in this episode.  I found her annoying and she prohibited the plot from moving faster.  This show could have done without her.  

Anyways still loving the show as a whole.  I’m going to be sad when it ends.  The Clint/Kate stuff is the easily the standout yet I see people wanting Kate/Yelena show when that was the worst scene of the episode IMO lol

• Like 1
  • ...wtf 1
  • Disbelief 1

This is my best marvel D+ series so far . Very silly in places and script is kind of weak but the Kate and Clint relationship has really been great . Having LARPers  here was genius and is some bit of creative humour and a departure from the quip per second.

Yeah the first mcu series were atleast they put some work into the darn action sequences.

Villians are just silly and honestly they really ain't working for me but the plot is kind of goofy at parts so their silliness doesn't stand out that much.

Vera famiga is sleep walking in this and it was so evident in this episode.

Clint's relationship with his family is kind of meh tbh.

Honestly the current episode was the weakest for me. It had it's moments like second half of the conversation btn Yelena and Kate.The first bit started of rough ,she was really struggling with the accent in quip mode.

Yelena being a quippy character ain't gonna work. It feels forced. Other than dialogue with her and Kate ,Yelena was not at her A game in this episode . What she did the end of the episode didn't really make sense . She feels like they just jammed her into the series and considering her motivation was fed to her in the blackwidow post credit scene which I found really stupid tbh. She really didn't need to be in this series.

Overall despite it's problems this series knows what it is and even embraces it's silly parts and it's main focus is on the two leads which they handle pretty well for the most part.

The first three series try to juggle too much and really tried to swing for something better but dissapointly came short and at times made me really cringe.

• Like 1