Eric Duncan

Disney+ | MARVEL STUDIOS PRESENTS A KEVIN FEIGE PRODUCTION: ROGERS THE MUSICAL (Featuring HAWKEYE) | November 24, 2021

I'm sure it has been pointed out already somewhere online but this show has a bunch of similarities to Only Murders in the Building, last nights episode obviously with the portrayal of Echo and the techniques they used to give her point of view is the most notable instance. 

Liking the show so far, some of the cinematography is a bit lacking although the action scene last night was pretty great, love what Hailee is doing and her chemistry with Renner is shockingly good and enjoying the Xmas comedy tone. Hopefully it gets even better in the 2nd half of the season though. 

5 hours ago, charlie Jatinder said:

Yeah but that's like super sad/evil stuff to kill people like that being judge jury and executioner all by yourself.

Common folk as in normies with no superpowers and stuff. Let the police handle such stuff.

Ronin was bad and he went too far, that was pointed out in Endgame itself with Nat and Rhodey being horrified at his actions. But here I don't see the problem.

Spoiler

Echo nearly killed Kate earlier, should he just hold back and potentially both of them die or get captured again? 

42 minutes ago, Menor said:

Ronin was bad and he went too far, that was pointed out in Endgame itself with Nat and Rhodey being horrified at his actions

Yeah back then stakes were so high, I was least concerned by that, but now it looks really bad.

Ofc that doesn't make show bad in any way, just could have used it way better for the show, here they just touched it & run.

• Like 1

this show is a good time. first marvel disney+ show i might feel compelled to finish. maybe it's just the christmas of it all. renner is surprisingly strong but i do think steinfeld is laying it on a little too thick. like she's auditioning to be a twitter gif in every scene.

Edited by CoolioD1

4 hours ago, Jamiem said:

show has a bunch of similarities to Only Murders in the Building, last nights episode obviously

I thought that too.  I thought the OMITB episode was waaaaaaay stronger overall.  This was good.  That was fantastic. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cap said:

I thought that too.  I thought the OMITB episode was waaaaaaay stronger overall.  This was good.  That was fantastic. 

Agreed that Only Murders did it better that episode committed hard and was probably the best episode of the season. 

• Like 2

Well can't wait to see certain other characters appear very soon.

Really love the choice of Echo as an antagonist both contrasting with Kate and Clint. 

Taking the more grounded and "human" approach is welcome with addressing Ronin rather than brushing it aside. 

Probably the only weak point so far in the show is the drama with Kate's family 

Edited by Darth Lehnsherr

Great third episode. That car chase sequence could’ve been amazing with better directors. It was a bit all over the place with some questionable CGI. The music should have been booming throughout that whole scene, but it was as if it was turned down. Unfortunate. 

Kate remains the stand out. So good. That swinging leg sweep round the foundation pole was fabulous. 

1 hour ago, Cap said:

FTFY 😉

Nah, let us hear the score. Marvel has a big problem balancing the score and the sound effects when it comes to volume. The latter drowns out the former far too often.

Edited by cookie