Eric Atreides

Disney+ | MARVEL STUDIOS PRESENTS A KEVIN FEIGE PRODUCTION: ROGERS THE MUSICAL (Featuring HAWKEYE) | November 24, 2021

1 hour ago, Porthos said:

Live look at @Cap:

jason-momoa-folding-chair.gif

So, no joke.  I think Matt Fraction and David Aja's Hawkeye MIGHT be one of my favorite, if not favorite, modern comic book runs.  Period.  It's funny, emotional, hits all the right beat, the art is UH-MAZ-IN'.  Kate is MY GIRL.  It's one of the reasons I so vehemently hate MCU Clint Barton.  That's just **not** Clint Barton.

(It also didn't help that only Ultimates Clint has a family, and in Ultimates they're brutally murdered by Natasha, so I spent all of AOU the first time waiting for Joss to fridge the family.  Not a fun movie going experience.  Really still hate that movie!  Anyway)

So when this first started all of those 'Nope, God This is Gonna Be Paaaain' Feelings Emerged.  THEN!!

TRACK SUIT MAFIA!!!

KATE!!!!

CLINT GETTING BEAT UP WITH FROZEN VEG PACKS!!

LUCKY!!

CHASES IN MUSCLE CARS!!

THEM WALKING INTO SOMETHING STYLISH -- AND THEM GOING OFF A HIGH THING INTO WATER!!!

I was like Dare I Dream?  That is So?  Are they FINALLY putting Hawkeye on Screen?

Jeremy Renner Aw Shucks GIF

Like, Jeremy Renner is still the worst, but I've watched the trailer five times, so, make of that what you will.

3 hours ago, TalismanRing said:

At the Lunt Fontanne - with those production values (The Hulk in a green hoodie). :rofl:

I DON'T EVEN KNOW WHERE TO BEGIN WITH THIS, OKAY.  OKAY.  OMFG.   I'm just gonna C&P my live reaction from the Telegram Chat:

Also as someone who literally entertained myself during the COVID Marvel drought through at least 500k-750k of “What If MCU Characters All Work in Holllywood/Entertainment Field and Steve is basically Gene Kelly?" AUs, this is a really big fucking deal.  Am just soo deeply offended that (1) whoever they casted Steve is really fucking ugly** (2) Why is it not “a new Alan Menken” musical? How dare you how dare you not make that in-joke!!***

** My friend was like "Well clearly MCU Mr. Plattt fired everyone else so his son could have the role.

*** I also wonder if they’re just gonna play Star Spangled Man With A Plan again or if we’re going to get treated to another Anderson-Lopez song 🤔🤔

So is Disney not producing the musical in Canon in the MCU because that is not Disney production quality. 😂😂 what are those costumes? Omgggg is it a flop?  Except the Chitaur iLeotards actually kind of look amazing.  I also better see ALL OF THESE COSTUMES at SDCC 2022 complete with reenactments on the Stairs!!!

I am so confused and intrigued. I mean I suspect based on the tone of the show/comics it’s gonna end up being Clint Takes His Kids it Has to sit awkwardly through a terrible production of it. (Since he is clearly in it on the balcony). If that’s the case then they better sell me a terrible production. I want Spider-Man turn off the dark!!

I wonder if Jeremy Renner was like I can provide my own vocals. I was in a band once. Remember that phase of my life

And the Lunt just KILLS ME since there is where they film EVERYTHING.  So I want to know if this premiered BEFORE OR AFTER Bombshell (Smash) and Eleanor: The Musical! (Prom)

• Like 3
  • Astonished 1

Um...cool? Looks better than I expected (this was my least anticipated MCU project). Trailer is doing pretty big numbers too. 

Edit: 522k likes in 6 hours is actually bonkers now that I think about it. I think Loki has the most likes of any MCU D+ trailer with 715k. I didn't expect this to beat that. 

Edited by Menor
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Cap said:

I am so confused and intrigued. I mean I suspect based on the tone of the show/comics it’s gonna end up being Clint Takes His Kids it Has to sit awkwardly through a terrible production of it. (Since he is clearly in it on the balcony). If that’s the case then they better sell me a terrible production. I want Spider-Man turn off the dark!!

I wonder if Jeremy Renner was like I can provide my own vocals. I was in a band once. Remember that phase of my life

And the Lunt just KILLS ME since there is where they film EVERYTHING.  So I want to know if this premiered BEFORE OR AFTER Bombshell (Smash) and Eleanor: The Musical! (Prom)

It's Christmas 2023 post snap back  - other musicals have probably opened and closed at the LF until the triumphant Rogers: The Musical -   Off course it's not terrible - look at the quotes on the banners  :lol:

A Timeless Story of a Timeless Hero

A Super-Powered Sensation

Rogers Is A Soaring, Smashing, Flying, Fighting Musical Triumph

A Musical as Triumphant as the Heroes It Brings To Life

Edited by TalismanRing

7 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

It's Christmas 2023 post snap back  - other musicals have probably opened and closed at the LF until the triumphant Rogers: The Musical -   Off course it's not terrible - look at the quotes on the banners  :lol:

A Timeless Story of a Timeless Hero

A Super-Powered Sensation

Rogers Is A Soaring, Smashing, Flying, Fighting Musical Triumph

A Musical as Triumphant as the Heroes It Brings To Life

So what did they do? Take a look at Steve Rogers life and decide what if we did it like RENT instead of like South Pacific? I mean I am intrigued. I do think people tend to Neglect them more rock ‘n’ roll aspect of Steve’s life because they’re too busy embracing the Boy Scout.

All I know is that if the guardians of the galaxy are getting a holiday special, we can totally get it a Rogers the musical live! (It doesn’t need to be “live”, but they totally should film it that way)

25 minutes ago, Cap said:

So what did they do? Take a look at Steve Rogers life and decide what if we did it like RENT instead of like South Pacific? I mean I am intrigued. I do think people tend to Neglect them more rock ‘n’ roll aspect of Steve’s life because they’re too busy embracing the Boy Scout.

All I know is that if the guardians of the galaxy are getting a holiday special, we can totally get it a Rogers the musical live! (It doesn’t need to be “live”, but they totally should film it that way)

I forgot who but somebody years back suggested since the MCU wants to take a stab at every genre to keep its sandbox formula fresh, they should try a full fledged musical. And why not? 

As for "Rogers," I'm sure what you suggested (tongue n cheek, Hawkeye having to watch this dramatization of his life in a musical) will be similar to that one episode of Batman Beyond with old Bruce Wayne going through a similar awkward situation. 

(I'm also assuming Marvel would use that moment to lampshade how people think Hawkeye is lame/goofy/whatever and then rest of the show is going to prove that wrong or whatever. Because that's something they would do.)

Anyway I liked the trailer, even if the Shane Black-y buddy programmer vibes feels deja-vu for me right after TF&TWS and yes MCU recycles itself, not so quickly in a short term (granted its because TF&TWS was suppose to come out last fall, thus this issue wouldn't have been as much of a problem.) I'm glad the stars aligned for Hailee to do this because she is a #1 draft pick casting for Kate. 

1 hour ago, RRA said:

I forgot who but somebody years back suggested since the MCU wants to take a stab at every genre to keep its sandbox formula fresh, they should try a full fledged musical. And why not? 

TWO WORDS FOR YOU: DISCO. DAZZLER!

image.jpeg

One of her superpowers is sounds become colors, so just crank that technicolor up to eleven, keep the run time under 2 hours, and have all the fight choreography actually be _choreography_ a la West Side Story. Writing the banger soundtrack will be half the battle, but it’s like RIGHT THERE. (No, I have not spent two years thinking about this.)

1 hour ago, RRA said:

Anyway I liked the trailer, even if the Shane Black-y buddy programmer vibes feels deja-vu for me right after TF&TWS 

I have an odd feeling this one will _actually_ be a buddy comedy though. That comic is a riot. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Legion of the Ten Crores said:

They literally cancelled a disco dazzler show like 2 years ago, right?

Nope. 

But she does have a brief cameo in X-Men dark phoenix. And there was talk that Taylor Swift was going to play her for a while. So there was a couple opportunities that got stuck in development hell but nothing came about

5 minutes ago, Cap said:

Nope. 

But she does have a brief cameo in X-Men dark phoenix. And there was talk that Taylor Swift was going to play her for a while. So there was a couple opportunities that got stuck in development hell but nothing came about

Yep. Well, like 20 months ago anyway: https://deadline.com/2020/01/marvel-howard-the-duck-tigra-dazzler-animated-series-dead-scrapped-not-moving-forward-hulu-1202840962/

Part of the wave of nonMCU stuff that got cancelled as Feige and Disney+ usurped the Loeb/Marvel TV era.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Cap said:

So, no joke.  I think Matt Fraction and David Aja's Hawkeye MIGHT be one of my favorite, if not favorite, modern comic book runs.  Period.  It's funny, emotional, hits all the right beat, the art is UH-MAZ-IN'.  Kate is MY GIRL.  It's one of the reasons I so vehemently hate MCU Clint Barton.  That's just **not** Clint Barton.

(It also didn't help that only Ultimates Clint has a family, and in Ultimates they're brutally murdered by Natasha, so I spent all of AOU the first time waiting for Joss to fridge the family.  Not a fun movie going experience.  Really still hate that movie!  Anyway)

So when this first started all of those 'Nope, God This is Gonna Be Paaaain' Feelings Emerged.  THEN!!

TRACK SUIT MAFIA!!!

KATE!!!!

CLINT GETTING BEAT UP WITH FROZEN VEG PACKS!!

LUCKY!!

CHASES IN MUSCLE CARS!!

THEM WALKING INTO SOMETHING STYLISH -- AND THEM GOING OFF A HIGH THING INTO WATER!!!

I was like Dare I Dream?  That is So?  Are they FINALLY putting Hawkeye on Screen?

Jeremy Renner Aw Shucks GIF

Like, Jeremy Renner is still the worst, but I've watched the trailer five times, so, make of that what you will.

I DON'T EVEN KNOW WHERE TO BEGIN WITH THIS, OKAY.  OKAY.  OMFG.   I'm just gonna C&P my live reaction from the Telegram Chat:

Also as someone who literally entertained myself during the COVID Marvel drought through at least 500k-750k of “What If MCU Characters All Work in Holllywood/Entertainment Field and Steve is basically Gene Kelly?" AUs, this is a really big fucking deal.  Am just soo deeply offended that (1) whoever they casted Steve is really fucking ugly** (2) Why is it not “a new Alan Menken” musical? How dare you how dare you not make that in-joke!!***

** My friend was like "Well clearly MCU Mr. Plattt fired everyone else so his son could have the role.

*** I also wonder if they’re just gonna play Star Spangled Man With A Plan again or if we’re going to get treated to another Anderson-Lopez song 🤔🤔

So is Disney not producing the musical in Canon in the MCU because that is not Disney production quality. 😂😂 what are those costumes? Omgggg is it a flop?  Except the Chitaur iLeotards actually kind of look amazing.  I also better see ALL OF THESE COSTUMES at SDCC 2022 complete with reenactments on the Stairs!!!

Imagine if in a surprise twist that they revealed Queen Patti had a cameo role in Rogers the Musical. The MCU would officially solidify themselves as the one franchise that knows how to give EVERYONE, whether they are a comic book junkie or a theatre nerd, exactly what they want right then and there.

• Astonished 1