Cap

FILM CLUB: Postponed to January

41 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

Sorry, I couldn't make it again. It way way too early for me in my timezone. Tried waking up early today but I just fell asleep again.

What is the best time for your time zone ?

Today's Feature Presentation is Billy Wilder's Double Indemnity, and it starts at 

10:00PM EST

2:00AM GST

07:30AM IST

11:00PM KST

15:00 / 3:00PM NZDT

19:00 / 7:00PM PST

Like this if you want a tag in the Thank You Fifteen post.

ALSO!

Thanks to @Plain Old Tele for pointing out that August 10th is the actual 70th Anniversary of the premiere of SUNSET BOULEVARD. 

ckvah-RH44B8DSWRP-Full-Image_GalleryBack

In honor of basically my favorite film of all time, we're having special screening on Monday Night.  I mean, who doesn't want to watch the film that’s part gothic horror, part tragic romance, and complete savage expose of the Studio System?

Louis B Mayer watched it in a private screening, and told Billy Wilder that "You have disgraced the industry that made and fed you.  You should be tarred, feathered, and sent back to Austria." To which Wilder replied: "I'm Mr. Wilder, and you can go fuck yourself."

• Like 4

double-indemnity-1944--album.jpg

Witness the tale of "an insurance representative lets himself be talked by a seductive housewife into a murder/insurance fraud scheme that arouses the suspicion of an insurance investigator."  From a script co-written by Billy Wilder and Raymond Chandler, with iconic film noir cinematography by John F. Seitz, it's 1944's Double Indemnity starring Fred MacMurray, Barbara Stanwick, and Edward G. Robinson.

(LOL, "Trigger Warning" for Eddie just being Eddie. :rofl: )

And the room is live ( @TalismanRing, @Fancyarcher )

Join Zoom Meeting
https://us02web.zoom.us/j/5423825182?pwd=T1VuUmJ5OVB1ZjRNQmNHRVpDQ3lkUT09

Meeting ID: 542 382 5182
Passcode: BOT

We're going to be starting later at 10:30PM tonight cause some folks on Telegram are running late.  

• Like 1

If you are only going to watch one of the classic film Noirs, I would recommend "Double Indemity. It has all the classic ingrediants, and has two great performences, Fred McMurray as the poor schmuck who falling the trap of a Trapdioor spider of a Femme Fatale, in a great performance by Barbara Stanwick. Not to be missed.

• Astonished 1

Hey Everyone!

I want to thank everyone for joining in over the past couple days. I am having a lot of fun, and I hope you are too, and I look forward to continuing this for as long as we’re having fun. 

I just added a pole, about what days work best for people. Since there was some talk about moving it to Sunday.

After Sunset Boulevard on Monday, I’m going to put up another pole to decide what movies people wanna watch that week! :)

• Like 1

The_train_poster.jpg

Burt Lancaster, Paul Scofield, and Jeanne Moreau start in John Frankenheimer's The Train.  Based on the historical events, "In 1944, a German colonel loads a train with French art treasures to send to Germany. The Resistance must stop it without damaging the cargo."

Trailer Won't Embed; Watch On YouTube Here

Took a second thanks to some screwy stuff on my end, but the room is now live:

https://us02web.zoom.us/j/5423825182?pwd=T1VuUmJ5OVB1ZjRNQmNHRVpDQ3lkUT09

( @Fancyarcher @TalismanRing @lorddemaxus)

Tonight's Special Feature of Sunset Boulevard is available on AmazonPrime if you want to stream it on your own, and just join the chat for funsy.  When you do that, make sure to join the chat without your audio.  We're going to be starting around 10PM EST.  You DEFINITELY want to hang out, cause no joke, one of my favorite films EVER.

@Jason @Fancyarcher @DAR @MrGamer @MrPink @Rorschach @Eric Skywalker @RealLyre @lorddemaxus @Darth Lehnsherr @Lion Roar @Jake Gittes @grim22 @charlie Jatinder @Alpha @Ethan Hunt @MrGamer  @The Panda @4815162342

Also, turns out that my Monday Night Trivia got moved to Wednesdays.  So despite that being the folks wanted, that's not happening anymore.  Polls it back up.

We haven't decided this weekday movie yet (either going to be Modern Times, The Women, or A Man Called Adam).  We'll show it on Thursday.  I figured we could decide that after SUNSET TONIGHT.

This Saturday's will be: The Bad and The Beautiful by Vincente Minnelli starring Lana Turner and Kirk Douglas:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Cap said:

Tonight's Special Feature of Sunset Boulevard is available on AmazonPrime if you want to stream it on your own, and just join the chat for funsy.  When you do that, make sure to join the chat without your audio.  We're going to be starting around 10PM EST.  You DEFINITELY want to hang out, cause no joke, one of my favorite films EVER.

@Jason @Fancyarcher @DAR @MrGamer @MrPink @Rorschach @Eric Skywalker @RealLyre @lorddemaxus @Darth Lehnsherr @Lion Roar @Jake Gittes @grim22 @charlie Jatinder @Alpha @Ethan Hunt @MrGamer  @The Panda @4815162342

Also, turns out that my Monday Night Trivia got moved to Wednesdays.  So despite that being the folks wanted, that's not happening anymore.  Polls it back up.

We haven't decided this weekday movie yet (either going to be Modern Times, The Women, or A Man Called Adam).  We'll show it on Thursday.  I figured we could decide that after SUNSET TONIGHT.

This Saturday's will be: The Bad and The Beautiful by Vincente Minnelli starring Lana Turner and Kirk Douglas:

Bad and the Beautiful is one of the best "Hollywood on Hollywood" moives ever made.

Came out in roughly the same time as "Sunset  Boulevard" and has a similar cyinical view of the film industry.

• Like 2