google-site-verification=EzRt-ZmNlc4J5RNLXiuJpAEGjNviG678nNB1w49cgZg Jump to content
JWR

Luca | Disney/Pixar | June 18, 2021

12 minutes ago, Seth Irskens said:

How reliable is this guy? I noticed he is followed by The Disney Insider. I wonder if this means Thursday for trailer and tomorrow trailer announcement and poster/cast reveal to follow? :)

I really hope it's a trailer! I really want to see how this film looks in motion. And business-wise, now is definitely the time for the trailer because Tom & Jerry and Raya are both coming to theaters really soon. Disney will surely want to capitalize on the family double-whammy. So I'm not sure about Williams's reliability, but the timing of this teaser is reliable on its own.

Excellent teaser, they will deliver again

No mention to theaters not even on descriptions despite the June date...

Yeah i think Cruella and Luca is definitely considered to hybrid releases

I like this trend of hyper realistic backgrounds with super cartoony characters they're doing lately.

Pixar does three original films after a while and all three messed by COVID. Really really sad. Especially for Onward, which was catching steam before COVID cut it short.

• Like 5

Yknow if there was one thing Guadignino missed in CMBYN, it was aquatic sea monsters. Those Pixar visionaries sure do know what the people want

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

We Loved this trailer! Man It looks so vibrant and beautiful and may indeed be another win for Pixar!  Loving what we seen so far! Here's Our reaction and review to the teaser trailer! Hope ya guys LIKE/LOVE it! :)

Edited by Seth Irskens

3 hours ago, SpiderByte said:

Would it be a hybrid release for this? Soul wasn't a hybrid or Premiere Access.

I wouldn't be surprised if they had originally intended for Soul to be a theatrical/Premier Access hybrid when it was still slated for November, but I imagine Disney might wait to see how Raya does before they confirm anything for this. I'd imagine this and Cruella (and maybe Black Widow) are going to be theatrical/Premier Access hybrids though.

This has the potential to be Coco-level good.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jatvision said:

Pixar does three original films after a while and all three messed by COVID. Really really sad. Especially for Onward, which was catching steam before COVID cut it short.

At least Onward was a huge hit on D+, it was the second or third biggest movie last year on streaming platforms, from what i remember

But yeah, that movie drop on the worst time ever, suffer impact on OW already and get taken from theaters the week later.

• Like 1

This looks beautiful and the story they have going could be really great with Pixar handling it. 

Initially I wasn't sure about the animation style but seeing it in motion it's great and something different from other Pixar films.

not able to recall which other film has this man.

image.png

13 hours ago, Eric and Jerry said:

Yknow if there was one thing Guadignino missed in CMBYN, it was aquatic sea monsters. Those Pixar visionaries sure do know what the people want

Furthermore, recent Guadagnino lead Jack Dylan Grazer from We Are Who We Are (and who played the young Timmy in Beautiful Boy) is the voice of one of the leads. Guadagnino Power at work!

This looks great btw.

3 hours ago, jatvision said:

not able to recall which other film has this man.

image.png

The dad from “cloudy with a chance of meatballs”.

• Thanks 1