YM!

Y7 OSCARS: Pulling a Spark Homeward to fix this.

Pidge (Taissa Farmiga) alongside Lance (Jake T Austin) as both are decked in their costumes from the Voltron films enter the stage.

Pidge: It's been a while hasn't it, Lance.

Lance: I know, but we got a job to do. And for me, that's pleasing the ladies.

Lance starts flexing as Pidge smacks him upside the head.

Pidge: Sorry about my colleague's behavior. Costume and production are some of the key backbones to film, as they help lure us in conjuction to the visuals. The nominations for Best Production Design are....

Attack on Titan
Megalo Box
Pillars of Eternity: An Ancient Legacy 
The Scavenger Wars Part III 
Tower of Babylon 

and the winner is...

Spoiler

Tower of Babylon

Lance: The nominees for Best Costume Design are...

Attack on Titan 

Megalo Box

Ms. Blakk 4 President 

Roman Fever

and the winner is

Spoiler

Ms. Blakk 4 President

Ms. Blakk 4 President:

Arjun Basin: Thank you so much for this honor! Working with Marielle has been one of the highlights of my professional life, and when she came to me with this project, I was first daunted but then happy to take on the challenge of translating Ms. Blakk's real lie outfits to the big screen. Clearly, it must've worked out, which pleased me as this is one of the films I'm proudest of yet, both in terms of my work in it and in what it meant to be involved with its production. Thank you so much.

Edited by YourMother the Edgelord
  • Like 2

anyway, here is the performance description I submitted before my ballot; my nominees deserved a chance to perform in the ceremony so I'm posting it now

""Take Flight" It has a full orchestra backing it. Amber Grey and Matthew James Thomas sing the first part of the song normally, but then in the second half, Alli Stoker joins in on a newly arranged harmony that blends her reprise in the movie with the original song."

• Like 2

Just now, YourMother the Edgelord said:

Lance: The nominees for Best Costume Design are...

Attack on Titan 

Megalo Box

Ms. Blakk 4 President 

Roman Fever

and the winner is

Hide contents

Ms. Blakk 4 President

No, no, no. Don't ask for acceptance speeches if you aren't going to use them! Here is my acceptance speech, since apparently, us sending stuff in doesn't count this year:

Best Costume Design

Ms. Blakk 4 President:

Arjun Basin: Thank you so much for this honor! Working with Marielle has been one of the highlights of my professional life, and when she came to me with this project, I was first daunted but then happy to take on the challenge of translating Ms. Blakk's real lie outfits to the big screen. Clearly, it must've worked out, which pleased me as this is one of the films I'm proudest of yet, both in terms of my work in it and in what it meant to be involved with its production. Thank you so much.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

i was about to edit the speech

Okay, but that doesn't fix the problem here, really. To be blunt, I have said multiple times that Ms. Blakk for costume design was one of my most hoped for awards, to the point where I put effort into the acceptance speech so that way when it was announced, it would feel special. The moment is gone, and the fact of the matter is that the copy-and-pasting the acceptance speech is arguably the easiest thing to do during the Oscar ceremony.

I'm sorry if people think I'm throwing a fit about this, but IMO, these are bare minimum things that should not be something I have to post about to bring attention to.

• Like 4

Just now, Blankments said:

Okay, but that doesn't fix the problem here, really. To be blunt, I have said multiple times that Ms. Blakk for costume design was one of my most hoped for awards, to the point where I put effort into the acceptance speech so that way when it was announced, it would feel special. The moment is gone, and the fact of the matter is that the copy-and-pasting the acceptance speech is arguably the easiest thing to do during the Oscar ceremony.

I'm sorry if people think I'm throwing a fit about this, but IMO, these are bare minimum things that should not be something I have to post about to bring attention to.

I know I have no excuse for this. I was hurrying and failed to prepare. You have every right to be mad at me.

• Like 1

Werner Herzog walks on the stage.

Werner: Documentaries help bring awareness to things in our society, and tonight we'd like to honor the films that did these. The nominations for Best Documentary Feature are...

Adult Swim Bombscare Nonfiction Documentary for Theaters

The Gift of Life

The Last Fifer: Portrait of a Clarinetist

and the winner is

Spoiler

Adult Swim Bombscare Nonfiction Documentary for Theaters

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Alright, I'm gonna say something about this; I'm sorry, but I really have to.

I make a movement to postpone the rest of the Oscars until they are fully written and prepped. That would include excerpts for the screenplay and acting categories, and acceptance speeches for all the remaining categories, even if they were not submitted by the player. I understand that this is overwhelming to you, @YourMother the Edgelord  but I also know you messaged me frequently last week asking for writing help, when honestly, this should have had your full attention. The Oscars only come around once a game year and are intended to serve as a celebration of the year. Rushing through the write-ups without preparation does not give the movies the respect they deserve, nor the players who set aside time to view this ceremony live. 

This is meant to be a culmination of our efforts for the last six months, and I would prefer personally to be able to enjoy it at a better pace and at its full potential. I'm willing to wait for that, but if not, I guess I'll check who won in the morning, because I've stayed up too late already for this. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Bradford Young walks on screen. 

Bradford: There is something truly powerful about shooting a movie. Each cinematographer has their own style. The nominees for Best Cinematography are

Hoyte van Hoytema for Attack on Titan 

John Toll for Hypercomptency 

Megalo Box

Maryse Alberti for Tony Hawk Pro Skater

Roger Deakins for Tower of Babylon 

and the winner is

Spoiler

Tower of Babylon

Cinematography (Rodger Deakins)- Thanks you... I will gladly accept this honor on behalf of so many people who did so much work on this movie to make it into what it is. I'd like to thank Denis for his vision and ambition. It was a lovely experience. Thank you.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Blankments said:

I make a movement to postpone the rest of the Oscars until they are fully written and prepped. That would include excerpts for the screenplay and acting categories, and acceptance speeches for all the remaining categories, even if they were not submitted by the player. I understand that this is overwhelming to you, @YourMother the Edgelord  but I also know you messaged me frequently last week asking for writing help, when honestly, this should have had your full attention. The Oscars only come around once a game year and are intended to serve as a celebration of the year. Rushing through the write-ups without preparation does not give the movies the respect they deserve, nor the players who set aside time to view this ceremony live. 

This is meant to be a culmination of our efforts for the last six months, and I would prefer personally to be able to enjoy it at a better pace and at its full potential. I'm willing to wait for that, but if not, I guess I'll check who won in the morning, because I've stayed up too late already for this. 

I agree with this sentiment. I understand it can be a stressful experience prepping the whole ceremony. B ut when you have nearly a dozen players who have invested a lot of time and energy in not just writing films for box office success, but for awards contention, I think there needs to be as much preparation as possible done prior to the ceremony, with extra care dedicated to running the festivities smoothly.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Blankments said:

You're right. I think it's best for the ceremony I try to start fresh in the morning and work out everything better tomorrow. I wasn't as prepared as I should have been nor was I as thorough. I truly want to apologize for ruining the Oscars and accept full responsibility for my mistakes. I been having a panic attack for the past thirty minutes, and I am not mentally ready to do it tonight as I thought I was. Again I'm sorry for disappointing everyone.

• Like 1

The Oscars will resume Saturday, August 8th, at 8:30 PM EST/7:30 PM CST. I needed more time to work on the Oscars and neglected it, but I can still create a spectacular second half. If anyone still wants to submit their trailers/sneak peeks they can. But again, I feel horrible about how I handled the Oscars and apologize for my handling. We accomplished a great year over these past eight months but I messed up and need to show true justice for the Oscars.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Ethan Hunt said:

uhhhhhh kinda awkward time to celebrate but winning cinematography really was the big dream with Tower of Babylon for me so I'm very pleased with the award

I'll say, I feel like Tower of Babylon has a similar Oscar trajectory to Life of Pi, for what it's worth!

Key: In just 49 minutes, we should be up and running.

Peele: We delivered a hot mess but after dissatisfaction, we made a new and improved version, sure to please or at the very least, say. Meh, that was ok.

Key: Like Spark Homeward?

Peele: Like Spark f***ing Homeward.

Edited by YourMother the Edgelord
  • Like 3