YM!

Y7 OSCARS: Pulling a Spark Homeward to fix this.

BEST PICTURE

Keegan Michael Key and Jordan Peele walk on to the stage, one last time.

Key: As things come to a close tonight, we'd like to give a special thanks to all the films that have come out this year.

Peele: Many talented artists, writers and actors have poured their heart and soul into there work and it shows with such aplomb. However, as much as we'd like to give every film an award...

Key: Even Father II?

Peele: Even Father II. But the point is only one film can win but we'd like to thank all of our players this year and all those who have participated in CAYOM

@YourMother the Edgelord, @Blankments @Spaghetti @cookie @cannastop @4815162342

@Alpha @SLAM! @Rorschach @The Panda

@MCKillswitch123 @Ethan Hunt @Electric @Bastien @lamamama @Sears @vault2008 @Xillix

Key: The nominees for Best Picture are

Countdown City

Spoiler

As they drink, Hank gives Culverson the cliff notes version of what’s happened. Culverson asks Hank why he’s still chasing this. Martha is gone, Brett is dead, and even if Hank finds the killer, there’s no authorities to turn him in to. “If you dump him at the station odds are they just take him out back and shoot him.” Hank knows that, but he can’t let it go, it’s like a little splinter inside his head he can’t shake out.

Laika

Spoiler

Yelena: (softly) Farewell, Laika...little Kudryavka.

She closes the capsule window. From this point on, we don’t hear any dialogue or sound effects. Only the score.

Yelena backs away as the scientists begin to fix the bolts and seal the container, before closing the outer hatch. Inside, Laika’s world fades away, becoming nothing more than a red box surrounded by blackness. She lies down.

Yelena, Seryapin and Parin travel downwards on the elevator with the other scientists. We can see them congratulating each other on their achievement, but when Seryapin tries to get Yelena’s attention, she doesn’t budge. She rushes into one of the cars waiting at the bottom, leaving the other scientists behind, and begins to cry in the backseat.

The following events are presented as a montage sequence. At around 2:00 in the morning, on launch day, Yelena wakes up. After getting dressed, Vladimir comes to pick her up and drive to the launch command bunker. Inside the control center, Korolev watches with Vasily and Vladimir by his side as the numerous scientists and engineers begin to prepare the launch. A monitor shows Laika’s blood pressure and respiratory levels, which show her asleep. Inside the capsule, Laika rests. The red backdrop wisps away, and she finds herself once again in Yelena’s arms in her dreams. Yelena waits outside in the hallway with a glass of water, when Vladimir comes over. The look in their eyes signals that it’s time.

Laika wakes up. Outside, the rocket begins to blast off, producing a powerful bright-yellow glow in the night sky. In the control center, everyone watches in anticipation as the rocket reaches towards space, making its way through the atmosphere. Inside the capsule, Laika’s body begins to float, and we once again see the visions of her soaring through the Moscow nighttime sky. Free.

The rocket enters into Earth’s orbit. A monitor shows Laika’s pulse skyrocketing, tripling. Under the circumstances, however, her vital signs are good. As the rocket begins to orbit around the Earth, the team begins to celebrate. Korolev announces something proudly, yet Yelena watches in fear. As Laika continues to joyfully fly through the streets of Moscow, she now notices Yelena watching, amazed.

The rocket emerges from the blind side of the planet, and the TV signals start to become very faint. However, we can see Laika is moving inside. Things quickly take a turn for the worse when the rocket starts to move into the path of the sun. The temperature and humidity inside the capsule begins to sharply increase. Korolev looks concerned.

For Laika, Moscow disappears, and she finds herself among the stars, gliding towards a bright glow of orange. The monitors continue to show the temperature inside the capsule spiking, and the TV signal starts to break up. Heart rate begins to drop. Yelena turns away, unable to watch, and sheds a tear. The atmosphere in the control center takes a solemn turn, even among the typically high-spirited Korolev and stoic Vladimir.

Laika flies further towards the orange light, entranced.

Yelena (V.O.): You’re a sweetie...A loyal sweetie. Good dog. You can trust me.

Orange turns to white, and Laika’s body becomes a shadow of itself. Slowly, the silhouette of Laika — Kudryavka — fades into the whiteness, disappearing beyond the horizon.

Ms. Blakk 4 President

Spoiler

If Ms. Blakk isn’t going to be loud and proud about these issues, who will? JJ doesn’t have a response to this and so, Terence takes a long sip of his drink. He says he wants to go somewhere else.

Stonewall (the gay bar in the west half of the original Stonewall Inn). JJ enters the bar, followed by Ms. Blakk, in full attire and makeup. Blakk immediately walks up to the bartender, and asks about where the karaoke is. The bartender says it’s a slow night, so he can go next. He asks if Blakk knows how to play piano, and Blakk says he’d love to. JJ says he never knew his brother could play piano, and Blakk laughs, saying there’s still plenty JJ doesn’t know about him. Ms. Blakk goes to the piano and begins playing “Oh, You Pretty Things” by David Bowie, singing along to it as postscript cards appear:

JJ’s documentary was released as a video titled “Lick Bush in ‘92!” It was passed around in LGBT circles.
Ms. Blakk moved to San Francisco following the campaign, and ran again for President again in 1996. Although he was on the Queer Nation ticket again, Mark was not involved with this second campaign.
Following this campaign, Ms. Blakk launched a talk show that featured interviews with many local and national LGBT people of interest. It eventually eclipsed Glennda in popularity.
In 1999, Ms. Blakk embarked on his final campaign, this time to be Mayor of San Francisco.
JJ and Ms. Blakk remain close brothers, despite living across the country from each other.

The Scavenger Wars Part III

Spoiler

“But why live in a world where there’s pain? Where there’s suffering?”

Tamara: Because the only thing you offer is a false reprieve, and one that can’t even last. Yes, I admit it, my heart wanted nothing more than for Joel to somehow come back to me, and for never having to suffer any terrible thing ever again, but this isn’t the way.

”Then what is?”

The film cut to a montage of the other characters as Tamara gave her answer, starting with Sal dropping to her knees and sobbing, only for Carrie to turn to her and provide the one thing no one else had: comfort.

”That we take our very real pain, and learn from it. We already do that every day, and we should continue to strive to be the best versions of ourselves.”

The evacuation had been completed. Thousands of ships were escaping Khouga, all blasting off towards the stars. On one of the last ships to depart, the mother and child Tamara saved earlier were onboard, the girl clutching the doll Tamara brought her in her arms.

”To look after each other. To love one another. To seek ways to end conflict without violence, but be ready to fight the battles where needed…”

Henry, after much effort, saw that Lucina was stabilizing.

”...and always have hope.”

Lucy, slowly, faintly, opened her eyes. Henry was relieved.

Tower of Babylon

Spoiler

It is the day that Hillalum and his fellow miners shal begin their ascent. Hillalum looks up at the tower analyzing it. Stairs leading to a base platform where carts are loading up with supplies. Beyond that there are two intertwining ramps.one for people to go up and one for people to come down. Hillalum goes up to the platform and gathers a cart of wood that he will take up with him and slings the rope over his shoulder that will connect his cart with the puller in front of him.. He looks up upon the vastness of the tower. Should I climb this? Hillalum steps onto the upward ramp.

The ramp is wide enough for a single person  to walk beside a cart if he needs to pass.The surface was paved with brick  with two grooves worn from centuries of wheels rolling up the ramp. The pillars on the right side of the ramp are broad enough to make the ramp seem like a tunnel. If one didn’t look to the side there was little sense of being on a tower.

and the winner is...

Spoiler

Laika

Christian Desmares: I never imagined when we started production on this film that we’d all be standing on this stage, accepting the Academy Award for Best Picture, but it’s been such a pleasant surprise to see how many people have emotionally connected with this story. I must give credit to Mr. Abadzis for originally bringing to life a very tragic piece of history, but history nonetheless, and to the folks at Alpha Pictures who had the courage to take on such a mature and gripping story in an industry that’s viewed as simple, safe entertainment. Thank you to Mrs. Mulligan, Mr. Sheen, Mrs. Colman, Mr. Hodge, Mr. Murphy, the wonderful ensemble, and I especially want to give my thanks to every single one of the wonderful animators who worked on this film, whose commitment and talent I will be forever grateful for. Once again, thank you so much Academy, and good night.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Win Count:

Laika - 6

Ms. Blakk 4 President - 4

Tower of Babylon - 3

Megalo Box - 2

Adult Swim Bomb-Scare Non-Fiction Documentary for Theaters - 1

Attack on Titan - 1

Countdown City - 1

Dear Evan Hansen - 1

The Final Cut - 1

Hypercompetency - 1

Notorious - 1

Pillars of Eternity: An Ancient Legacy - 1

The Scavenger Wars Part III - 1

By player:

@Blankments - 8

@Alpha - 6

@4815162342 - 3

@Ethan Hunt - 3

@SLAM! - 2

@cookie - 1

@Rorschach - 1

Blakk takes home a record amount of Oscars for me :D

(and congrats Alpha!!!)

Edited by Blankments
  • Like 2

One last thank you to you all: This is the first time in any iteration of the game I have won Supporting Actress and Director. Especially for the latter, thank you so much. I've been trying to win that one for a while, and to win it for Marielle Heller means a ton to me as she's one of my favorite working directors, and the adaptation of Blakk was built around the idea of fusing her style with the stage play. So yeah, thanks everyone :D

• Like 2

Best Picture

Laika - 40

Tower of Babylon - 31

The Scavenger Wars Part III - 30

Ms. Blakk 4 President - 28

Countdown City - 21

Best Animated Feature 

Laika - 42

Hilda and The Midnight Giant - 33

Birdwing - 29

Toons v Reality - 26

The Ends of The Universe - 20

Best Original Screenplay 

The Final Cut - 36

The First Month - 33

Toons v Reality - 31

The Ends of The Universe - 26

Hypercomptency- 24 

Best Adapted Screenplay 

Laika - 41

Ms. Blakk 4 President- 32

The Scavenger Wars Part III - 28 

Notorious - 26

Countdown City - 23

Best Documentary

Adult Swim - 22 (most #1’s)

Gift of Life - 22

The Last Fifer - 16

Best Director 

Marielle Heller - 35

Denis Villenueve - 33

Karyn Kusuma - 31

Mimi Leder - 26

Matt Shakman - 25

Best Ensemble

Laika - 36

Notorious - 34

The Scavenger Wars Part III - 29

Pillars of Eternity: An Ancient Legacy - 28

Dear Evan Hansen - 23

Best Actor

Tituss Burgress - 46

Lucas Hedges - 32

James McAvoy - 29

Oscar Isaac - 26

Ryan Gosling - 17

Best Actress

Golshifteh Farahani - 42 

Mary Elizabeth Winstead - 31

Maggie Gyllenhaal - 29

Amy Adams - 25

Winona Ryder - 24

Best Supporting Actor

Benecio del Toro - 43

William Jackson Harper - 31

Payman Maadi - 28

Christopher Walken - 28

Brian d’Arcy James - 20

Best Supporting Actress

Amy Adams - 44

Shoreh Aghdashloo - 36

Kaitlyn Dever - 27

Zendaya - 24

Rinko Kikuchi - 19

Best Voice Lead

Carey Mulligan - 39

Yuri Lowenthal - 34

Pixie Davies - 29 

Matthew J Thomas - 25

Olivia Cooke - 23

Best Supporting Voice

Michael Sheen - 39

Sasha Lane - 31

Andrew Scott - 30

Ben Foster - 27
John Mulaney - 22

Best Original Score

Patrick Doyle for Pillars of Eternity: An Ancient Legacy - 36

Max Richter for Laika - 33

Nicholas Britell for Notorious - 29

Hans Zimmer for Attack on Titan - 28

Cliff Martinez for Megalo Box - 24

Best Original Song

Black Queen from The Scavenger Wars Part III by Radiohead - 39

Take Flight from Birdwing written by Alan Menken and Glenn Slater, performed by Amber Gray, Matthew James Thomas and Ali Stoker - 33

Laika/Kurdyavka from Laika by Sufjan Stevens - 33

Beyond the End from The Ends of The Universe by written and performed by Susanne Sundfør - 24

See the World from Attack on Titan by Taylor Swift - 21

Best Cinematography 

Tower of Babylon - 36

Hypercomptency - 33

Tony Hawk: Pro Skater - 31

Attack on Titan - 26

Megalo Box - 24

Best Film Editing

Countdown City - 44

Megalo Box - 36

The Scavenger Wars Part III - 35

Ms. Blakk 4 President - 34

Notorious - 33

Hypercomptency - 28

Best Production Design

Tower of Babylon - 38

Attack on Titan - 30

Pillars of Eternity: An Ancient Legacy - 27

Megalo Box - 26

Best Costume Design

Ms. Blakk 4 President - 42

Pillars of Eternity: An Ancient Legacy - 34

Megalo Box - 30

Roman Fever - 23

Attack on Titan - 21

Best Sound Mixing

Megalo Box - 37

The Scavenger Wars Part III - 34

Attack on Titan - 28

Hypercomptency - 26

Green Lantern Corps: Home - 25

Best Makeup and Hairstyling 

Ms. Blakk 4 President - 36

Pillars of Eternity: An Ancient Legacy - 31

The Long Way Home - 30

Green Lantern Corps: Home - 28

The Scavenger Wars Part III - 25

Best Sound Editing

Hypercomptency - 35

Megalo Box - 33

The Scavenger Wars Part III - 32

Green Lantern Corps: Home - 28

The Long Way Home - 22

Best Visual Effects

Tower of Babylon - 38

Hypercomptency - 34

Green Lantern Corps: Home - 25

Attack on Titan - 24

Best Use of Action

Attack on Titan - 39

Hypercomptency - 33

Megalo Box - 31

The Scavenger Wars Part III - 27

Green Lantern Corps: Home - 20

I will be updating this periodically today.

Edited by YourMother the Edgelord
  • Like 5

My Oscar Preview Ranking

I'm not counting Big Papa or anything other trailer that didn't appear in this thread specifically. But that Big Papa preview is really good, and the prospect of Tom Cruise playing the pizza guy man is a fascinating one. But without further ado:

1) The Last Airbender trilogy. Biggest surprise of the night by a landslide.

2) My Hero Academia. The scene you chose gave me the sense that a lot of heart is being poured into the project.

3) World War Z. I'm impressed by the sense of scale. The dialogue is appropriately cryptic if a little on the nose. I hope work is done to make sure the film's themes take precedence over the battles against the zombies.

4) The Wild Thornberrys. There's a Thanksgiving dinner's worth of adventure permeating the entirety of this peek. It's not higher because I've read the film, and while I'm optimistic about the film, that just means a sneak peek doesn't really surprise me--since I've already read the film in its entirety.

5) Plus Two. Charming! But a little vague.

6) The Castaways. Very vague! I like the cast, but I don't know what going on yet!

• Thanks 1

Oscars Nominations count

Best Picture

• Laika - 7

• The Scavenger Wars Part III - 7

• Countdown City - 6

• Ms. Blakk 4 President - 6

• Tower of Babylon - 6

• Notorious - 3

• Hilda and The Midnight Giant - 3

• Roman Fever - 3

• Megalo Box - 3

• Green Lantern Corps Home - 2

• Looping - 2

• Birdwing - 1

• Fatal Attraction - 1

• Attack on Titan - 1

Best Animated Feature

• Laika - 10

• Hilda and The Midnight Giant - 9

• Birdwing - 7

• The Ends of The Universe - 7

• Toons v Reality - 7

• Should You Imagine? - 3

• Banjo-Kazooie - 3

• Vixen - 2

• Sir Thymes Time 2 - 1

• Starlight - 1

Best Documentary Feature

• Adult Swim - 10

• Gift of Life - 10

• The Last Fifer - 7

• Snow Leopards - 3

Best Director

• Marielle Heller - 7

• Mimi Leder - 7

• Denis Villeneuve - 7

• Karyn Kusuma - 7

• Matt Shankman - 5

• Sofia Coppola - 4

• J.D. Dillard - 3

• Christian Desmares - 2

• Matt Reeves - 2

• Alex Garland - 1

• Duncan Jones - 1

• Christopher McQuarrie - 1

• Michael Sapochnik - 1

• Michelle MacLaren - 1

• Jill Culton - 1

Best Ensemble

• The Scavenger Wars Part III - 9

• Laika - 7

• Notorious - 7

• Pillars of Eternity: An Ancient Legacy - 4

• Dear Evan Hansen - 3

• Attack on Titan - 2

• In The Doghouse - 2

• Hilda and The Midnight Giant - 2

• Birdwing - 2

• Ms. Blakk 4 President - 2

• The Long Way Home - 2

• Countdown City - 2

• Fatal Attraction - 1

• The First Month - 1

• Megalo Box - 1

• Yang - 1

• Green Lantern Corps Home - 1

• The Ends of The Universe - 1

Best Actor

• Tituss Burgress - 10

• Lucas Hedges - 8

• James McAvoy - 8

• Oscar Isaac - 7

• Ryan Gosling - 5

• Joaquin Phoenix - 3

• Luke Pasqualino - 3

• Osamah Sami - 2

• Fionn Whitehead - 1

• Gaten Matarazzo - 1

• Hugh Jackman - 1

• David Harbour - 1

Best Actress

• Golshifteh Farahani - 9

• Mary Elizabeth Winstead - 7

• Amy Adams - 6

• Maggie Gyllenhaal - 6

• Winona Ryder - 4

• Kelly Marie Tran - 4

• Ana de Armas - 3

• Marsai Martin - 3

• Daniella Ruan - 2

• Lyrica Okano - 2

• Dakota Johnson - 2

• Naomi Scott - 1

• MacKenzie Davis - 1

Best Original Screenplay 

• The First Month - 8

• Toons v Reality - 8

• The Ends of The Universe - 8

• The Final Cut - 7

• Hypercomptency - 6

• The Long Way Home - 5

• Tongues - 3

• Columbine - 1

• Starlight - 1

• Vixen - 1

• Higher Ground - 1

• Finders Keepers - 1

Best Adapted Screenplay

• Laika - 9
  • The Scavenger Wars Part III- 8
  • Ms. Blakk 4 President - 7
  • Countdown City - 6
  • Notorious - 5
  • Tower of Babylon - 4
  • Roman Fever - 4
  • Megalo Box - 2
  • Hilda and the Midnight Giant- 2
  • Attack on Titan - 1
  • Looping - 1
  • Green Lantern Corps Home - 1

Best Voice Actor/Actress in a Leading Role

• Carey Mulligan - 8

• Pixie Davies - 8

• Yuri Lowenthal - 6

• Olivia Cooke - 5

• Matthew J. Thomas - 5

• Beanie Feldstein - 4

• Leititia Wright - 4

• Laura Bailey - 3

• Bex-Taylor Klaus - 2

• Elijah Wood - 1

• Freddie Highmore - 1

• Ryan Potter - 1

• Marsai Martin - 1

• John Mulaney - 1

Best Voice Actor/Actress in a Supporting Role

• Michael Sheen - 7

• Andrew Scott - 6

• Sasha Lane - 4

• Ben Foster - 4

• John Mulaney - 4

• Christopher Jackson - 3

• Jason Mantazoukas - 3

• John DiMaggio - 3

• Michele Dockery - 3

• Hannah John-Kamen - 3

• Eric Andre - 2

• Hugh Jackman - 2

• Jeff Bridges - 1

• Mark Hamill - 1

• Kimberly Brooks - 1

• Jeff Goldblum - 1

• Cilian Murphy - 1

• Frances McDormand - 1

Best Supporting Actor
Benecio del Toro - 10
William Jackson Harper - 8
Christopher Walken - 7
Brian d’Arcy James - 4
Payman Maadi - 3
Adam Scott - 3
Bruce Greenwood - 3
KJ Apa - 2
J.K. Simmons - 2
Armie Hammer - 2
Charlie Plummer - 2
Eric Andre -1
Ethan Hawke - 1
Tony Hawk - 1
Keon Alexander - 1

Best Supporting Actress
Amy Adams - 7
Shoreh Agdashloo - 6
Zendaya - 6
Kaitlyn Dever - 5
Rinko Kikuchi - 5
Rachel Wiesz - 3
Zoe Kravitz - 3
Miley Cyrus - 2
Rebecca Fergusson - 2
Hillary Swank - 2
Florence Pugh - 2
Nathalie Emmanuel - 2
Viola Davis - 1
Sophie Rundle - 1
Sarah Gadon - 1
Laura Harrier - 1
Winona Ryder - 1

Best Original Score

• Pillars of Eternity: An Ancient Legacy - 7

• Notorious - 5

• Tower of Babylon - 5* (I messed up and missed it)

• Laika - 4

• Megalo Box - 4

• Attack on Titan - 4

• Hilda and The Midnight Giant - 3

• The First Month - 3

• The Scavenger Wars Part III - 3

• Vixen and the Flaming Feather - 2

• Tony Hawk Pro Skater - 2

• Hypercomptency - 2

• The Ends of The Universe - 2

• The Long Way Home - 1

• Birdwing - 1