charlie Jatinder

PAPA NOLAN's TENƎꓕ International Thread. Weekend 5 $16.2mn / $243.7mn Total

20 minutes ago, redfirebird2008 said:

So it sounds like Tenet is screwed in China with the Mulan release date. 

Maybe if the release date was before it's digital release or like 2 or 3 days after then.

It will probably do 80-150m. Hype for mulan ain't what it was back in March.

You think China is going to wait a whole week.

Piracy is going to heavily affect mulan box office in China and Asia.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, The Gotham Bank said:

Your little campaign against Tenet is already boring. Try not to be so obvious next time.

That's a strange comment. You won't find a bigger Nolan fan than me on these forums. Spent a lot of money & time seeing Dunkirk at a special IMAX theater. 11 hours of driving roundtrip, two nights in a pretty expensive hotel. I have a pessimistic view of the box office right now (for obvious reasons) and it does not look like Tenet has the hype or strong enough WOM to overcome those issues. 

EDIT: Actually more like 22 hours of driving roundtrip and staying in hotels. I did the same trip just so I could see Dunkirk's Prologue in front of Rogue One in December 2016. That was my test run to see how good the IMAX location was. It turned out to be a legit, old school IMAX theater. So I did the 2nd trip for the actual movie in July 2017.

Edited by redfirebird2008
  • Like 3
  • Knock It Off 2

20 minutes ago, redfirebird2008 said:

That's a strange comment. You won't find a bigger Nolan fan than me on these forums. Spent a lot of money & time seeing Dunkirk at a special IMAX theater. 11 hours of driving roundtrip, two nights in a pretty expensive hotel. I have a pessimistic view of the box office right now (for obvious reasons) and it does not look like Tenet has the hype or strong enough WOM to overcome those issues. 

EDIT: Actually more like 22 hours of driving roundtrip and staying in hotels. I did the same trip just so I could see Dunkirk's Prologue in front of Rogue One in December 2016. That was my test run to see how good the IMAX location was. It turned out to be a legit, old school IMAX theater. So I did the 2nd trip for the actual movie in July 2017.

:kitschjob:

I've put in so much passion for my reputation to get glossed over here.

Having said that, I'll vouch for redfirebird. He's a big Nolan fan, though he does have a bit of a pessimistic streak.

Edited by MrPink
  • Like 5

2 hours ago, The Gotham Bank said:

Your little campaign against Tenet is already boring. Try not to be so obvious next time.

Just a reminder to people that those being pessimistic over a movie isn’t an agenda or they’re out to get them or you. To you Nolanites taking part in this behavior (you know who you are), don’t make baseless statements because people aren’t being nice to your dumb spy movie and quit this idiotic persecution complex. You’re an adult, so act like one. That will be all

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • ...wtf 1
  • Knock It Off 2

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-conversation="none"><p lang="en" dir="ltr"><a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/TENET?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#TENET</a> Wednesday added another est. $3.9mn, taking its total to an est. $64mn internationally. It has grossed another $3.6mn Approx in Canada and $3mn Approx in USA sneak previews. Release in Russia today while official release domestically and China tomorrow. <a href="https://t.co/lGTIPyX1dg">pic.twitter.com/lGTIPyX1dg</a></p>&mdash; charlie Jatinder (@itisjat32) <a href="https://twitter.com/itisjat32/status/1301406706094678019?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">September 3, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Astonished 1